JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Problems programming Atlas OCAP 1056

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wified

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:56 pm    Post subject: Problems programming Atlas OCAP 1056 Reply with quote

I've been using this remote and RM/IR for years. Trying to start all over with some new devices. I've loaded four devices into RMIR, and then uploaded to the remote, but nothing works. I've attached the rmir file that I'm trying to use. It doesn't work with any of the four devices that are loaded in there. Thanks for any help that you could be.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13041

Using RMIR 2.02a - tried both exe and java
using latest rdf's and maps
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like you started by using a File\New\Remote Image. This works with some remotes, but for many others the RDF files don't have all of the required information to ensure that the remote will be functional. There are two ways to fix this.

The simple way is to add the line
Code:
Byte1C=$01C.7.8.$0F.0
in the [Settings] section of the 30333033 (Atlas OCAP URC-1056 JP1.3 (Black)_(Silver)).rdf file. Make sure that you modify the 1056 file and not the 1055 file. Put it right after the line:
VCR Setup Code Lock=$014.4.1.1.0 (Off;On)

The other way is to make sure that you have already saved RMDU files for all 4 device upgrades, do a manual 981 reset of the remote, download from the remote, and then add the 4 RMDU files. That will also provide a working remote image.

I've tested the former method with my 1056B01 remote.
wified

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:52 pm    Post subject: That did the trick! Reply with quote

Thank you SO MUCH for your help. I had tried everything to get this to work, but couldn't get it to work. I was ready to jump to some different remote tech. I tried the Harmony over Christmas, but I can't stand that "stateful" system. I discovered that I can only work with a "stateless" remote. So I was looking at the URC R40, and that looked better, but no JP1. Also too big.

I've always loved the layout and shape of the Atlas, so I'm back in business with these. Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: