JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-8060 Extender 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spooky77

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Nils_Ekberg

Hi! Yesterday I have tried to install the URC-8060 extender 1 on my OFA Kameleon 6 remote control, but it seems that I get the same issues like RichardP or silron1 with extender 1 beta: link
After upload (and twice blinking of red button on the left) with IR I can press TV and than Power. The remote starts to blinking fast (could be 4 times, but 2 beams) and the backlight goes off. During the next second backlight goes on automatically and remote control is blinking twice. Now all buttons illuminate and the control goes off. I can use my control, but can repeat this situation every time if I press TV followed by POWER. The most wanted feature "disable motion sensor" isn't working. Crying or Very sad

Can you update the extender, please ?

URC-11-8060-B01
J 03 03 05

Spooky
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless it is a newer version of the 8060 it should be working since all the problems in the link you supplied on the beta were fixed.

Make sure you have the latest RDF from the RDF distribution in the RDF path of IR and try it again.

Also try loading the .txt file in the extender distribution and see if that works un modified.
Spooky77

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply!

It seem that I have no luck. I have also tried your unmodified .ir and .txt which is included in the extender package and nothing works, also after 981. I'm not sure if this a hint, but i can't use your install-1.bat to import extender, I must use "Merge Using ExtInstall" of IR if I want to import/hold my settings. With your batch I get the following error message:

Upgrade pointer at address $0000 points to $FFFF, which is out of range

IR 6.20
RDF 1.25 here from File Section

Spooky
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds to me like you are not finding the correct RDF. Try doing a factory reset on the remote then do a download and tell me which RDF is selects.

It also sound like the batch file is not finding ExtInstall so there is a chance that IR is not either.
Spooky77

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Nils_Ekberg

All Files are in the same directory, but the RDF files are in a subdirectory of IR. Without your extender/after a factory reset IR use "KAMEKAM0 (URC-8060 Kameleon).rdf". With extender installed it use "KAM1KAM1 (URC-8060 Kameleon Extender 1).rdf", this sounds for me fine. If the batch the ExtInstall.exe couldn't found, who let me show the message "Upgrade pointer at address $0000 points to $FFFF, which is out of range" ? Question

edit on
Ok, it was my mistake. If I copy this 2 RDF files to the same directory, there are ExtInstall.exe, your batch is working. But I get same new.txt like before with IR "Merge Using ExtInstall". This new.txt doesn't work correct on my URC-8060. Sad
edit off

Spooky
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, please upload the IR file that you get with the fresh download and also the one created by the Extinstall that does not work in your remote. This way I can see what they looks like and compare them to working copies.

Also, are you getting this error "Upgrade pointer at address $0000 points to $FFFF, which is out of range" when you run ExtInstall or when you load the extender into the remote?
Spooky77

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Nils_Ekberg

I got the message only with ExtInstall and before I have copied this morning the RDF files from subdirectory to main directory of IR.

I have upload two IR Files.

1. after factory reset 981 link 1
2. merged with extender 1 link 2

Spooky
Spooky77

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Nils_Ekberg

Does the uploaded IR files can help to find a working solution?

Spooky
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still working on it. So far it seems you may have a newer version of the remote which is causing problems but not done testing yet.
mamboman

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: 8060 Extender kind of "rebooting" the remote when Reply with quote

Hi all,

although new to this forum I did try several nights now to enable Nils' famous extender on my Kamaeleon 8060 before doing a post here - did not want do disturb you guys with nonsense questions Confused
I am using a cable and can perform the basic uploads and changes sticking with the basic 8060 RDF. If I use the "8060 Extender 1" RDF and can even use Devices extensions which have been programmed and which are available without enabling the extender itself.
But always when I try to start the extender by pressing "TV" followed by "Power" the remote flashes the IR "light" (could be 4 times), darkens, and then comes alive again with all the display segments enlighted - basically the same appearance that I have after the remote has been programmed - I don't know whether that's normal, but I would expect so.

A bit disappointing because I urgently need Nils' extension for the long press key feature.
What I need to use is:
- I wanna program long key presses on the device selection keys so that a long press switches the input on the audio device to that channel. A short key only selects the device on the remote.
- Also very nice is the default screen selection when a device like "SAT" has been selected.

I am absolutely stuck - and I assume I am doing everything correct as all the rest is working fine.
This is a 8060 bought here in Germany (OneForAll), but already I think about 3 years ago - As far as I remember I bought one of the first devices here in Germany. Maybe it's too old?

Is there a chance to find the difference? Can I do some kind of diagnosis?

Or other way around? Can I use long press macros without the need of an extender? The long key press is the one that I really need - the rest is nice to have...

Thanks a lot for any help.
Matthias
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You didn't mention actually "installing" the extender you only mentioned using the extender RDF. You need to either use the .txt or .ir file that comes in the extender zip file OR use the Extinstall function is IR to install it by merging the .hex file with your current downloaded IR file.

If you did that let me know and we can start over.
mamboman

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Nils,

you're alive Surprised Surprised to get such a quick answer. Very Happy
Okay let me tell you what I did up to now in trying to find out what happens:

First (naive) steps were:
- Downloading all the content from my remote via IR.exe (v 6.15)
because of all the code it has learned
- Saving the file as *.txt
- Merging the file with the batch command in your Zip to "new.txt"
- Loading "new.txt" into IR.exe
- Entered 2 LKP macros just for testing of this feature.
- "Upload to remote" in IR.exe
-> This actually worked, made the remote appear to "reboot" already - shortly (~7 seconds) illuminating all keys - then darkens.

After that the basic functions are still fine. The remote basically works.
Once trying to "enable" the extender within the remote according to your documentation via "TV" and then "Power" buttons flashes the remote sender icons in the upper left corner of the remote, darkens it, then illuminates all buttons again then darkens it again.
This happens all the time I press this key comination trying to enable the extender.
The LKP feature does not work.

Question:
did I miss something here?

To ensure that I did not do any bullshit, I just did some basic procedures to make it more reproducable for you:
- Reset remote via 981
- Load IR.exe
- File/New -> URC 8060 (the basic one, NOT the extender)
- Leaving this untouched now, no download from my remote
- File/Merge -> URC 8060 Extender "8060ex1.hex"
- Saving this file
- "Upload to remote"
Guess what - exactly the same. I cannot enable the extender inside the remote. The same happens when I try as described in case 1) above.

Does this help? Maybe I'm doing something wrong - then please forgive me Smile

Nils: can I put LKP macros onto the device selection buttons and will they be able to send remote commands? By default this seems not to be possible with the URC 8060... Or do I have to use other buttons?

If I should send you any files or downloads from the remote - just let me know.

And - hey - again: thanks a lot for the time you invest here. This is really incredible.

Best regards,
Matthias
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets first get the extender running for you then we can go into the LKP etc.

First thing that comes to mind is that you may be trying things between loading the extender and activating the extender. So, as soon as the extender is loaded via ir.exe press the TV button then the power button with no other presses in between. This is assuming you are using the file you created using the extinstall option within IR.

If that does not work take the 8060 Extender 1.IR file from the zip file and open it with IR. Do not do a new or anything. If the files like the RDF's are in the right place it will pick up the RDF automatically. Now take and upload the raw extender to the remote and see if it loads correctly. If it looks like it did go back to IR and select a device in the general panel that you did not have to load a protocol or upgrade for and set that and then reload the Extender to the remote and see if it will control that one device.

Let me know how you make out.
mamboman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did exactly like you mentioned.

- Started IR.exe
- Loaded file "URC-8060 Extender 1.IR"
- Upload to IR
- Press TV, then POWER
-> Same as mentioned. Remote kind of "reboots" with all keys illuminated for several seconds.

Did the next use case
- Started IR.exe
- Loaded file "URC-8060 Extender 1.IR"
- Set Audio Device to "0176" for a Yamaha Receiver that I use
- Upload to IR
- Press TV, then POWER
-> Same as mentioned. Remote kind of "reboots" with all keys illuminated for several seconds.
But: the remote can control the audio device.
All other sources dead (of course, as not assigned to any device type)

Doesn't look too good for my remote, doesn't it?

Have you ever seen the remote bringing up all the keys illuminated?
Is it normal that it does it when performing an upload to the remote also?

Thanks,
Matthias
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the remote is resetting it will blink all lights. There is a good possibility it is working. Try adding more device to the extender file and then try changing the macros on the device buttons to see if it changes their behavior. Like switching the TV and anther device to see if the device changes. If that works you are good to go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: