JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-8060 Extender Beta
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichardP wrote:
I've done all that and it still behaves the same, the extender does not seem to be loaded correctly when you press the TV then Power buttons, it just hangs.
Do me a favor and upload the IR combined image you created and a download of the remote right after you do a 981 reset. You can upload them to the diagnostics area.

Thanks
RichardP

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nils,

I have uploaded the files.

The one after the 981 reset is here

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/Diagnosis%20Area/8060-Empty.txt

The merged file is here

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/Diagnosis%20Area/my-urc-8060-ext1.txt

Note that this is without changing any macros to get rid of TV, SAT etc keys which you said may cause problems.

Richard
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: URC-8060 Extender Beta 1 Reply with quote

Richard

I have uploaded the Extender 1 Beta 2 for the URC-8060 to the jp1 group file section URC-8060 Extender Beta 2

Give this a try and let me know how you make out. I changed some of the routines around the screen management which is where if anywhere there would be a problem. First just try loading the "URC8060 Extender 1.txt" file without your upgrades.

Back to the super bowl............ Laughing
RichardP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nils,

No change I'm afraid, it behaves just the same as the Beta 1 extender. If you press TV Power before it goes to sleep after JP1 upload then it hangs immediately, if you press TV power after letting it go to sleep then it appears to work but no macros or key moves work and if you press TV power again then it goes through the motions of loading the extender, most of the time the second 'load' hangs the remote.

After performing a 981 reset and uploading the 'URC8060 Extender 1.txt' file, I downloaded from the remote again before activating the extender and then again after activating the extender these files were identical. I noticed that the devices selected were different in the downloaded version, in the original they are all 0000, in the downlaoded one they are :

SAT 0847
TV 0556
VCR 0000
DVD 0503
CD 0000
AUD 1158

I'm not sure if this is significant or not, I would guess it's just the remote setting the default values when an invalid code is detected. I've uploaded the txt file from the remote after uploading the extender and downloading into JP1 again so you can see the bytes that are different from the original. It's here

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/Diagnosis%20Area/URC8060-Extender-1-Upload.txt

Hope the super bowl went your way,

Richard
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard

I do see one problem but I am not sure it will fix it but I would appreciate it if you would replace the following line in the RDF with the second one and try to install just the provided "URC8060 Extender 1.txt" file

Backlight Off Button Action=$017.7.8.1.0 (Ignore;Use)
    Backlight Off Button Action=$06C.7.8.1.0 (Ignore;Use)

Before you upload it to the remote set the backlight firstpress option to either use or ignore.

By the way, you are correct, that is just the remote setting the default device codes

Thanks
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I am trying to debug Richards problem has anyone else tried this Beta with either success or failure?
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard

I still can not find a reason for both of your install problems with either ExtInstall or using the provided Extender file. I also can not duplicate what I am seeing in your combined install file which for some reason it looks like the macros and keymoves from your original IR file are overwritting the extender in the eeprom. There are probably a dozen reasons why this could happen but I want to rule out the obvious so I need your help with some basic questions;

1) Are IR, ExtInstall, the RDF's (both unextended RDF and the extender RDF that are in the beta zip file), the 8060ex1.hex file, the install.bat file, and your input file all in the same directory?

2) are the names in the install.bat file in the correct order. ie. does it look like this?
    extinstall 8060ex1.hex "URC8060 my original file" "URC8060 My combined file.txt"

3) Is there a PAUSE in your install.bat file and if so did you see any error messages when the install.bat was run?

On question number 1, IR and ExtInstall need to be using the same RDF's for the original and the extender or unpredictable results can happen.
RichardP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nils_Ekberg wrote:
Richard

I do see one problem but I am not sure it will fix it but I would appreciate it if you would replace the following line in the RDF with the second one and try to install just the provided "URC8060 Extender 1.txt" file

Backlight Off Button Action=$017.7.8.1.0 (Ignore;Use)
    Backlight Off Button Action=$06C.7.8.1.0 (Ignore;Use)

Before you upload it to the remote set the backlight firstpress option to either use or ignore.

By the way, you are correct, that is just the remote setting the default device codes

Thanks

I've replaced the line in the RDF and set the background first press option to 'Ignore', it was blank after loading the 'URC8060 Extender 1.txt'. It made no difference to the behaviour.
RichardP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nils_Ekberg wrote:
Richard

1) Are IR, ExtInstall, the RDF's (both unextended RDF and the extender RDF that are in the beta zip file), the 8060ex1.hex file, the install.bat file, and your input file all in the same directory?

Yes, all files are in the same directory. I created a master directory with sub-directories from that to which I un-zip the various packages, then I copy all the files in the sub-directory to the master directory so I can use them while keeping the various 'Readme.txt' files, which have the same names for various packages, in a location where I can read the correct file.

Nils_Ekberg wrote:
2) are the names in the install.bat file in the correct order. ie. does it look like this?
extinstall 8060ex1.hex "URC8060 my original file" "URC8060 My combined file.txt"

Yes, the file is exactly like that, I have uploaded the batch file that I use so you can double check, it is here

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/Diagnosis%20Area/Install-8060-ex1.bat

I have also uploaded the original file so you can try and run it and see if you get the same results, it is here

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/Diagnosis%20Area/my-URC-8060.txt

Nils_Ekberg wrote:
3) Is there a PAUSE in your install.bat file and if so did you see any error messages when the install.bat was run?

Yes, see the uploaded batch file, when it was run no errors were reported.

Nils_Ekberg wrote:
On question number 1, IR and ExtInstall need to be using the same RDF's for the original and the extender or unpredictable results can happen.

Yes these are run in the same directory so should be using the same RDF (the RDF path in IR is set to the folder that contains IR.EXE and ExtInstall.EXE).

I cant help thinking that either I'm doing something daft or the URC-8060 in my hands is very different to the one you have, maybe I should just post you one exactly like mine?

Richard
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichardP wrote:
I have also uploaded the original file so you can try and run it and see if you get the same results
When I run the ExtInstall I get completely different results than you did when I am using your input file. I posted it so you could see it. You can see the differences in mine and yours in the raw data area of IR from 0212 to 02DF. That is actually part of the extender code.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/Diagnosis%20Area/URC8060%20Extender%20richard.txt

The only thing I can think of to try is reinstalling IR, GWIOPM.SYS, ExtInstall, your input file, the 8060ex1.hex file and just the two RDF's in one directory and run the install and see what happens. Make sure the RDF directory for IR points to the new directory.

RichardP wrote:
I cant help thinking that either I'm doing something daft or the URC-8060 in my hands is very different to the one you have, maybe I should just post you one exactly like mine?
If we don't resolve this I would love to get my hands on one like yours. I have no idea where home is for you so I don't want to put you on the hook for that.
RichardP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nils,

I downloaded a new copy of ExtInstall and IR from Yahoo and installed them in a new directory together with the install batch file, the two RDF (without the modification you previously mentioned) and HEX file from the Beta 2 extender. I ran the batch file and created a new combined txt file that is identical to the one you uploaded.

Comparing the files in the two directories the following file is different:

DecodeIR.DLL, old 100k 7th Jan 2004, new 76k 8th Dec 2003

All the others are identical. I did download the DecodeIR update. Maybe I should not have done this or there is a bug in it, as when I copied the smaller DecodeIR.DLL to the original folder I then got the same combined file as yours.

So that seems to resolve that problem.

However on copying and uploading the URC8060 Extender 1.txt I still get the same behaviour of the remote.

I've also made the change to the backlight key that you posted, and uploaded that to the remote, but the result is the same.

When you press the TV power combination it appears that the transmit indicator on the remote flashes 5 times (not 4 as in the documentation) followed by all the keys lighting up at low brightness and then two further flashes. I've counted this several times and it definitely 5 and not 4 flashes in the first batch, does this give you any clue?

I live in the UK, but its no big deal to get you a remote if it will help.

Richard
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like we are getting close. Have you tried uploading the new combined file you created or the basic one with the same version of the IR in the new directory you created? Don't forget even if it does load some of the macros will cause a problem due to the native devices and the entries with Key### if you execute them.

5 vs. 4 sounds fine. I am actually only telling it to blink twice because the remote blinks it a few times on it's own.
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichardP wrote:

I did download the DecodeIR update. Maybe I should not have done this or there is a bug in it, as when I copied the smaller DecodeIR.DLL to the original folder I then got the same combined file as yours.
I am using the 12/8 versions of both IR 401 and DecodeIR.dll version 205
RichardP

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I tried uploading every combination I could think of, base file, combined file, combined file with no macros, all with the change to the backlight key and without, they all behave the same.

Richard
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichardP wrote:
Yes, I tried uploading every combination I could think of, base file, combined file, combined file with no macros, all with the change to the backlight key and without, they all behave the same.

Richard
I just installed the newer DecodeIR and it made no difference to the created image on my system.

I think the reason you got the same results in the old directory was because the new install of IR pointing to the new directory would have made the old install look in the new directory also since it is a registery entry and it would have found the new RDF's so there may be something wrong with the RDF's in the old directory. Maybe the best bet now is to backup your IR .txt files and upgrades then delete and reinstall all of IR, KM, Extinstall etc. and start fresh.

By the way, the reason you are getting the "all buttons dim and 2 additional flashes" is because the remote is crashing after the activate.

When you try the upload from the new directory make sure IR is still pointing to it when you do the upload. Also, lets get the remote back to a steady state and do another 981 reset before uploading the extender. Actually, lets try to upload the extender, do not activate it, do another 981 reset then upload and activate the extender.

Thanks for taking the time to do all of this. We will win in the end.. Laughing
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: