JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Device keymoves not importing using RMIR

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheGMan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:57 pm    Post subject: Device keymoves not importing using RMIR Reply with quote

I am using the latest versions of RM and RMIR on Windows 7. I have a frustrating problem where one of my device upgrade will not add its keymoves in RMIR when I load it. If I manually add them in RM IR they work, but get purged whenever I reload the device upgrade.

I have posted my .rmdu and .rmir file for review.

Thoughts?
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have actually tried the upgrade? Because I think the keymoves are present in the raw data. Here's what I did:
Started RMIR, and loaded Den Remote.rmir. went to the Device tab, clicked on Row 9, and changed the Setup Code to 1234. That change will be reflected in bold font in the Raw Data, if it is present. Then on the Raw Data Tab, one can see 5 instances of 24 D2 starting at 1215 (4D2 is 1234 in decimal notation, and I think the 2 means Video). The entries correspond to your 5 keymoves.

So I suspect that while they don't show on the Key Moves tab, the remote may function as desired.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RMIR "hides" keymoves under certain circumstances. I put the word "hides" in quotes because the programs author would argue that they're not hidden but simply put somewhere else, but that's another story.

Bottom line, even though you don't see the keymoves where you would expect to see them, they are probably still there.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
RMIR "hides" keymoves under certain circumstances. I put the word "hides" in quotes because the programs author would argue that they're not hidden but simply put somewhere else, but that's another story.

Bottom line, even though you don't see the keymoves where you would expect to see them, they are probably still there.

The key word here would be "hid". While they are now (RMIR 2.00) entered and managed in a different place, they SHOULD be visible on the keymove screen.

I've tried doing this from scratch, and the keymoves are going to keymove area but not on display.

There isn't anything that specifically says ERROR in the rmerror. report, but there is a lot of nutsy stuff after the Sony updrade started processing.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There appears to be a problem in your .rmir file and also a bug in RMIR. The problem in the .rmir file is probably due to the RMIR bug.

You can get all the keymoves to show if you load your .rmir file, save it as a .ir file (use Save As and change the "Files of type" drop-down to "IR file") and then open the .ir file with RMIR.

It will not be quite right, however. The bug in RMIR is that when opening a .ir file, it does not handle correctly setup codes larger than 2047, so you will see that the larger setup codes have had 2048 subtracted. You will also see that the key moves with these setup codes > 2047 are not shaded, ie have been treated as not attached to a device. This is a side effect of the setup code being wrong.

I will correct this in the next release. In the meantime you can get it all working OK if you change the two setup codes > 2047 to values <= 2047. Use the Devices tab and the Edit button to edit the setup codes, then go to the Key Moves tab and edit the values in the Setup Code column (just double click to edit each value) to the new values you have chosen.
TheGMan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As stated by others above although the keymoves do not show in RMIR ... they do indeed work.

I updated the setup codes to values below 2048 and tried the save and reload as a .ir file. The keymoves still don't show, but they still work.

Also if it is of interest ... I noticed a strange problem while adding "Special Functions" ... specifically ToadTogs. RMIR displays the entries properly in "Function" column after creating them, but when I open again for edit ... there are wrong entries displayed. They do work properly .... just don't display properly when opened for edit. Not sure if this is a problem with the extender, RMIR, or my setup.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGMan wrote:
I updated the setup codes to values below 2048 and tried the save and reload as a .ir file. The keymoves still don't show, but they still work.

Perhaps I wasn't sufficiently explicit on the precise steps required. I've just gone through the steps again, with RMIR v2.00, and they do work.

1. Open the .rmir file in RMIR (7 keymoves show).
2. Save as .ir file.
3. Open that .ir file in RMIR (12 keymoves show but with wrong setup codes).
4. Go to the Devices tab, open VCR/2892 for editing, change the setup code to (say) 2047 and save.
5. Do same for CD/2160, to (say) 2046.
6. Go to the Key Moves tab and in the Setup Code column, change the five values of 0844 to 2047 and the two values of 0112 to 2046.
7. Save as a new .ir file.
8. Open that new .ir file, all will be well.
9. Save it as a .rmir file.

I suspect the Special Functions problem may have the same cause, as the bug I described affects Special Functions as well. I'll put out a .jar file in a day or so for testing, but it will be unofficial and very much "Use at your own risk!". As well as the bug fixes, it will include

a) Allowing overflow of upgrades into the Learned and Advanced Code regions, in the same way as is allowed in IR.exe, and
b) Highlighting of raw data, again as IR.exe but it probably won't cover all the tables yet.

I hope there are brave souls out there that will try these out Smile .
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
I'll put out a .jar file in a day or so for testing, but it will be unofficial and very much "Use at your own risk!".

That .jar file is now available. Please see this thread.

TheGMan, if you still have a problem with Special Functions with this RMIR v2.01 Alpha then please post a .rmir file in which they show wrongly, so I can investigate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: