JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RemoteMaster v1.99 is now available!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:22 am    Post subject: RemoteMaster v1.99 is now available! Reply with quote

I've built and released RemoteMaster v1.99

There are many additions and fixes since v1.98. Special thanks to Graham for his significant contributions.

Changes for v1.99

• Add DigitMaps through 486
  • Fix TiVo (Official 2-byte) Unit Code encoding
  • Added Kathrein protocol support
  • Implemented the functionality of XPIDs in the Special Protocols section (Graham Dixon, a.k.a. mathdon)
  • Implemented the functionality of User Names in the Special Protocols section (Graham)
  • Corrected the interpretation of a "minus" prefix to PIDs in Special Protocols section (Graham)
  • Corrected the keyword WaveUpgrade to WavUpgrade in processing of the General section (Graham)
  • Fix keymove space used for keycode keymoves
  • Change Apex 1100w protocol to use PID 00 46
  • Bugfix: RMIR crashed if a MacroCodingType entry omitted the optional parameters (Graham)
  • Completed the RDF4 syntax for [SpecialProtocols] section by implementing internal special protocols (Graham)
  • Corrected the logic that determines when to return the alternatePID instead of the main PID (Graham)
  • Corrected getUpgradeLength(), which gave wrong value if remote uses two-byte PID or if digit map is nonzero (Graham)
  • Implemented Device-specific Upgrades (RDF General entries DevUpgradeAddr and UpgradeBug) (Graham)
  • Made several minor mods specific to 740 processor (Graham)
  • Improved the readability of text strings on the Progress Bars (Graham)
  • Improved the representation of internal Special Protocols in .rmir files (Graham)
  • Implemented Fav/Scan (Graham)

Changes for v1.99preview5

• Device Upgrade Editor: enable maximize
  • Bugfix: did not allow remote to use Soft Devices without also using Labels (Graham Dixon, a.k.a. mathdon)
  • Bugfix: Corrected RDF General parameter from "PauseParameters" to "PauseParams" (Graham Dixon, a.k.a. mathdon)
  • Bugfix: Corrected error in reading RDF Fixed Data bytes > 127 (Graham Dixon, a.k.a. mathdon)
  • Bugfix: Corrected error in reading Device Setup codes with device type index > 7 (Graham Dixon, a.k.a. mathdon)
  • Bugfix: decodeUpgrades did not properly handle little-endian processors such as Mitsubishi 740 (Graham Dixon, a.k.a. mathdon)
  • Upgrade to DecodeIR 2.41
  • Implemented the functionality of the TimeAddr entry of the General section of an RDF (Graham Dixon, a.k.a. mathdon)
  • Bugfix: Corrected problem with Device Button Notes on download from remote. (Graham Dixon, a.k.a. mathdon)
  • Implemented the missing functionality of the SoftDev, SoftHT and Labels entries of the General section of an RDF. (Graham Dixon, a.k.a. mathdon)
  • Bugfix: keycode style keymoves
  • Improved XMP protocol support
  • Bugfix: some function assignments were lost when importing KM files
  • Upgrade JP1.X USB/Serial support to 0.17

Changes for v1.99preview4

• General Panel: default device button notes to description of assigned device upgrade, if there is one.
  • Buttons/Layout tabs: limit display of function names to 20 characters, but show full name in hover help.
  • Buttons tab: Move function popup menu down so previously assigned value is still visible.
  • Layout Tab: Add dragable divider along right edge of remote image; image scales to divider position.

Changes for v1.99preview3

• Add support for notes on device buttons
  • Add new protocols and translators
  • Add dragable divider to RMs Buttons panel along the left edge of the Available Functions
  • Replaced setup.bat with Setup.vbs for creating the Start Menu shortcuts and file associations.

Changes for v1.99preview2

• Make editable table cells enter edit mode when single-clicked, and auto-select the contents
  • Detect bad RDFs where address ranges extend beyond the EEPROM size

Changes for v1.99preview1

• Added Start Menu entries for Windows users. Run setup.bat
  • Prompt to assign a new device upgrade to a device button if not already assigned.
  • Make sure Lost Function Assignment warning gets focus when shown.

Available downloads are:

Links:
The RemoteMaster project home page, now accepting donations.
RemoteMaster.v1.99.zip
RemoteMaster_v1.99.exe - See note below.
Change Log (also included in the downloadable files)
Readme.html (also included in the downloadable files)
Tutorial (also included in the downloadable files)

Notes:
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having a couple of annoying problems with this version, one I haven't seen before and one I have been living with Smile

In this version, go to Functions Tab, highlight the first OBC entry, type 45. Good. Now use the down arrow to select the next box and type 56. What happens is that the 5 goes in, but remains highlighted so the 6 overwrites it. Very annoying. Can we revert back to however you did it in V1.98 ? Or am I missing something ?

The second one I have lived with but find it very frustrating. In the Buttons Tab if I select a function cell so I can delete the entry, I don't get time before the it pops up the box with all available functions. I can see why some people might like this, but I hate it. It stops me deleting the entry and generally I am much happier just dragging the function I want from the list on the right. Can we make that popup window a selectable option rather than forcing it on us ?

Cheers

Al
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With 1.99, editing a function name is easier, but for my main use case, the changes in the UI are a step backwards. Mostly I use RM to load an upgrade, and then adapt it to a similar device, and finally copy the function names and EFCs and paste these into a message so that a non-JP1 user can do manual keymoves.

So I echo Alan's second comment. In fact I generally want to unassign some keys so the function can be deleted, and the pop-up list of functions obscures the unassign button. It also makes it difficult to select multiple keys. I'm using Windows XP, and the Java (not jet) version.

With 1.99, I haven't found a convenient way to copy the contents of the Function tab. The Copy button (or Ctrl-C) seems to only get the comment of the most recently marked cell.

Of course, none of this is critical, but right now I find it easier to use 1.98.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the next release could you give instructions on how to FIX an installation. I screwed up my install (which I've done numerous times before) but I can never remember how to fix it. It always takes me a good 25 minutes to figure out what to do.

I can't be the ONLY one that does this.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been meaning to post something about the way the cell edits work now since the change was made in the beta version, but haven't had time to write it up.

I agree that we should go back to how it was for now as that was better than how it is now, though the old way still needs some minor tweaks.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I'll restore the old cell editing behavior.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
For the next release could you give instructions on how to FIX an installation. I screwed up my install (which I've done numerous times before) but I can never remember how to fix it. It always takes me a good 25 minutes to figure out what to do.

The only thing I can think you may have done is move or rename the installation folder. That will definitely break the shortcuts and file associations.

Assuming that is what you have done, all you have to do is double-click Setup.vbs again as you did when you installed it in the first place, as directed in the installation instructions.

If you still have problems, you may also need to delete RemoteMaster.properties

BTW the above discussion concerns the Java distribution. Don't know what else to do for the "native" windows distribution.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, give v1.99c-preview1.zip a try to see how I've changed the cell editing behavior, and provide feedback. This could take a few tries before we get it right, so I don't want to do a full release.

For the preview, Java build only.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gfb107 wrote:
vickyg2003 wrote:

The only thing I can think you may have done is move or rename the installation folder. That will definitely break the shortcuts and file associations.

Assuming that is what you have done, all you have to do is double-click Setup.vbs again as you did when you installed it in the first place, as directed in the installation instructions.

If you still have problems, you may also need to delete RemoteMaster.properties

BTW the above discussion concerns the Java distribution. Don't know what else to do for the "native" windows distribution.

Basically I want to know what to do if I move my RDFs or my Maps and images.

Today, when I was asked about my maps and images, I accidentally pointed to my RDF files and because I had downloaded a zip file that had a map and image in it, it accepted that.

The last time I renamed my RDF folder when I downloaded a new version.

So does the SETUP.VBS fix that or do I delete the properties? Clicking on the VBS script doesn't seem to do anything.

So if the REPAIR procedure would be delete the properties and click on VBS that's all I'd need.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the rdf and/or map folder were renamed or moved you can either delete the properties file or edit it and delete the path entries. I'll add better rdf/map path management to the todo list.

If the installation folder is moved/changed you need to run Setup.vbs
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gfb107 wrote:
OK, give v1.99c-preview1.zip a try to see how I've changed the cell editing behavior, and provide feedback. This could take a few tries before we get it right, so I don't want to do a full release.

Looks good to me, thanks Greg.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gfb107 wrote:
OK, give v1.99c-preview1.zip a try to see how I've changed the cell editing behavior, and provide feedback. This could take a few tries before we get it right, so I don't want to do a full release. For the preview, Java build only.

Sorry, a bit of a luddite I know but I have never figured out the Java version or got it to work, so I have always used the standalone EXE. If there is no-one else who can test the cell edit behaviour on my behalf let me know and I will try again to make the Java version work.

Al
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm traveling and can't test much, but the UI on 1.99C seems to work fine for me. And I like the idea of double clicking to be able to edit function names.

For my uses, this UI is just the ticket! Very Happy
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming you are not interested in actually writing Java code, you want the JRE. Get it here.
alanrichey wrote:
gfb107 wrote:
OK, give v1.99c-preview1.zip a try to see how I've changed the cell editing behavior, and provide feedback. This could take a few tries before we get it right, so I don't want to do a full release. For the preview, Java build only.

Sorry, a bit of a luddite I know but I have never figured out the Java version or got it to work, so I have always used the standalone EXE. If there is no-one else who can test the cell edit behaviour on my behalf let me know and I will try again to make the Java version work.

Al

gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracker item added: https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3035982&group_id=30560&atid=399669

gfb107 wrote:
If the rdf and/or map folder were renamed or moved you can either delete the properties file or edit it and delete the path entries. I'll add better rdf/map path management to the todo list.

If the installation folder is moved/changed you need to run Setup.vbs

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: