JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Upgrade wanted: Skyworth 32LBAIW LCD TV
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you get a chance to try this out yet?
The Robman wrote:
Vicky's JP1 Lookup Tool shows 11 setup codes that are listed as being for Skyworth TVs. So, I have created an IR file that has mini upgrades for each of them, where the only button included is the POWER button. I have assigned the first 8 upgrades to the 8 device buttons, and I have programmed the remaining three as keymoves to the L1/2/3 buttons in AUX mode. I have also created 2 macros that test each of these buttons.

The file is here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8808

You should load this file into your URC-8910 with your TV on, then try the M1 button to see if the TV turns off. If it doesn't, try M2. If either macro turns the TV off, it means that one of the upgrades is correct.

If the M1 macros does it, your next step is to try the POWER button in each device mode, expect for AUX.

If the M2 macro does it, put the remote in AUX mode, then test POWER, L1, L2 and L3 to see which one works.

Once you've narrowed it down, report back and we'll take it from there.

digital_silence

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
but once you try, how do you let go! :lol:

You don't. That sometimes may be a problem (aren't you supposed to enjoy your honeymoon now, instead of hanging around in the tech forums? :-))).
But seriously - you are is very true. Possibly it's something to do with a never-ending hunger to learn.

OK, back to Earth:

Rob, I have tried your file.
Neither M1 nor M2 did turn the TV off. Tried few times. The TV just does not "hear" them.
And yes - I was waiting long enough with the button pressed for the complete macro sequence to finish (I think there were seven transmissions in M1 and three or four in M2, right ?)
Don't shoot the messenger.
------------
Added: only saw your last post Rob after having already posted mine.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK DS, I've got more stuff for you to try out. The following two files are IR files with lots of upgrades in them, all of them supposedly being for Skyworth TVs. The first file has 19 upgrades, the second has 4. There are no macros to make it easier this time, so you will either need to come up with some macros yourself or just try the codes one at a time.

Good luck.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8822
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=8823
digital_silence

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rob.

I'll post the report here after I have tried all these upgrades.
digital_silence

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried all 23 upgrades, Rob. No luck.

Don't feel bad about giving up right here... :-)))
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you've exhausted the JP1 and UEI knowledge on this brand now.

Remind me, did you try the conventional remote search for this, i.e. using the 991 command?
digital_silence

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I did, after having had an embarrasing (on my side) conversation with Vicky on Page1 of this thread. :)
t'was to no avail.

Oh well... after all, knowing how to give up may also be useful in this life... :-)
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on guess-work and finding this posting about Akai TVs declaring themselves as Skyworths, is it worth trying all the Akai upgrades including the Akai multiple upgrade in the File Section?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Oh well... after all, knowing how to give up may also be useful in this life... Smile

I don't know how to let go, could you teach me.

I'd still recommend trying anybody's newer remotes to do a search, especially cable remotes that have rather large TV libraries.

The older remotes that you are using don't have nearly as large a library as the current remotes. Grab any universal remotes handy and run their code search. If you find the code, you've got all the tools necessary to convert it into an upgrade. Laughing

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
digital_silence

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

underquark, thanks. I guess, it doesn't cost me anything to try - I will report the results here once I've done that.

vickyg2003 wrote:
Quote:
Oh well... after all, knowing how to give up may also be useful in this life... :-)

I don't know how to let go, could you teach me.

Vicky, this means to me that you are either one step ahead of me or behind, in your life experience... :-)))
Time will show...

Your point about the newer remote is taken. I will try the newer one.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try these trident/akai upgrades.

Try these two upgrades also, they need the protocol upgrade below. They are just the power keys.

Upgrade Code 0 = 02 05 (TV/0517) keymap-master Device Upgrade (KM v9.20)
3D 00 11 F8 FC BE
End

Upgrade Code 0 = 00 D9 (TV/0217) keymap-master Device Upgrade (KM v9.20)
3D 00 11 F0 FE 7C
End

Upgrade Protocol 0 = 00 3D (S3C8+) pid: 00 3D (KM v9.20)
00 00 21 8B 14 85 E5 A0 10 05 07 00 06 00 1B 00
06 00 52 D6 95 00 06 00 BF E4 04 08 E4 03 06 8D
01 46
End

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
digital_silence

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

underquark, Vicky and Rob,

Finally some good news...

The upgrade Akai_TV05 from the pack suggested by underquark has a correct protocol (NEC1, 32). OBCs are completely wrong, but this is a minor detail.

So, I have not tried further upgrades from the pack (Akai_TV06 and onwards, or maybe I should? ) and concentrated on figuring out the correct OBCs instead.

Pretty much done them all now, except "OK" (there seems to be something inherently wrong between me and the "OK" OBCs in JP1 remote controls - they just don't like me! :-))) and "A12" (A12 is a selection button for audio part of Skyworth proprietary digital processing engine. I have found V12 - video part - selection OBC, but not A12, alas)

Hence the question: I have only tried the OBCs from 0 to 100 so far. (just plain ran out of time last night). What is the full range of OBC values for this protocol? Is it 0 to 127?

Any other suggestions are welcome, of course.

But even what I have now is already a win for sure. Let's see if we can improve it, but if not I'll upload the upgrade soon as it is.
----------------

Oh, BTW, Vicky, your two upgrades ("Power" only) above didn't work.
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember correctly, the NEC1 codes usually occupy 0 to 31, miss out 32 to 63, use 64 to 95 etc. although I don't believe that they have to do that. Here is a mapping of codes for my Topfield TF5800PVR (which also, co-incidently, uses NEC1, Dev 32). The digits on the left column are the "tens" of the hex value and the digits along the top the units, thus the OBC for OK is Hex 1F in my table or Dec 031 - for my device, of course.

Code:
Button Map (OBCs)                        
    0     1     2     3     4     5     6     7     8     9      A     B     C       D       E       F
0   up    down  right left  list  exit  pause ch+   tv/stb vol+ power archive mute    green   yellow  blue
1   0     1     2     3     4     5     6     7     8     9      menu  guide   vol-    info    recall  ok
4            tv/radio   opt   rew   play   ch-   fast fwd   slow      stop   rec   white   red      
5   pip   text                                          pip swap   
7                                    Corrupt HDD   Test B/W   Test Red   Test Green   Test Blue   Fact Reset
8                                    discrete off               
A                                                   
B                                                   
C                                                   
D                                                   
E                                                   
F   power                                                

vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

digital_silence wrote:
underquark, Vicky and Rob,
The upgrade Akai_TV05 from the pack suggested by underquark has a correct protocol (NEC1, 32). OBCs are completely wrong, but this is a minor detail.

So, I have not tried further upgrades from the pack (Akai_TV06 and onwards, or maybe I should? ) and concentrated on figuring out the correct OBCs instead.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

There were no more Nec1 32's in the zip pack, but the lookup tool suggested TV/2232 for Akai LCD TV's. TV 2232 uses NEC1 32, but totally different OBC's. (245 for Ok)

Do they line up with the EFC's for TV/2232?
Quote:

Hence the question: I have only tried the OBCs from 0 to 100 so far. (just plain ran out of time last night). What is the full range of OBC values for this protocol? Is it 0 to 127?

IRP says F:8 so that means 256 values.

Quote:

Oh, BTW, Vicky, your two upgrades ("Power" only) above didn't work.

It was just a guess. I read that your TV had the Trident processor, so I looked at the trident TV's and those two codes were used by trident and Akai, so I'm not surprised they didn't work.

digital_silence

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I have tried all possible "OK" EFCs for all NEC1 protocols listed for even remotely possible devices from lookup tool (brands included Akai, JNC, Maqma, Technotrend, Time, Telefunken). That covered also Akai TV/2232 (BTW, Vicky, 245 is the EFC for OK from that set code, not OBC).
I have also tried all OBCs from 0 to 140 and 240 to 255 (just didn't have time to test ALL 256 OBCs).
I have not found OK button.
I am starting to think that the original remote doesn't have the OK button, as the selections can be made by other keys (left/right or numericals).
Anyway, I will try the rest of OBCs (141 to 239), and then post the upgrade here, whether I wil have "OK" found or not.

Or, btw, I haven't found A12 either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: