JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yamaha RX-V365 AV Receiver
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gsmitty

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:28 pm    Post subject: Yamaha RX-V365 AV Receiver Reply with quote

1. Device: Yamaha RX-V365
2. Type of device: AV Receiver
3. Year: 2009
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: Atlas OCAP 5-Device M1056
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? no
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? no
10. Learning remote question? n/a

Would like to just control volume- not concerned with On/Off. Have used all codes in Manual and contact WoW Cable to see if there were any others. Also tried searching.[/b]
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please Revisit

Audio/1276

The Volume keys should work. If your volume codes don't work, check to see that the AUD LED is lighting up, because it could be that Volume Lock is set to another device.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
gsmitty

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you're saying I should use code 1276 for volume? Is there a on/off code for the Yamaha rx-v385 ?

Thanks
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Would like to just control volume- not concerned with On/Off.

How soon you changed your tune, Laughing

Yes I'm saying try AUDIO/1276 for volume control.

If that works
try using these EFC's to see how they effect the power button
power on 00248
power off 00246
power on/off toggle 00250

You might want to see if these keycodes select input sources. On audio codes input selection codes are usually to the number keys.
Here is a guess as to what ECs will work for discrete input codes.

00194 external decoder already assigned to Key1
00120 CD input already assgned to KEY3
00118 tuner input
00245 tape/MD input
00122 DVD/LD input
00100 TV/DBS input already assigned to KEY5
00058 VCR input
00116 Phono input KEY9
00104 Video AUX input

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.

Last edited by vickyg2003 on Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you do mean RX-V365 and not 385.

The individual function codes for the RX -765/665/565/465 are known, and I imagine that the 365 uses the same codes.

As Vicky says, Audio 1276 will work for Volume +/- and mute. Power is different than some others, and won't work directly using 1276. You can however assign an Extended Function Code to a remote button to get Power toggle or Power On and Power off.

The Yamaha literature shows:
Code:

Function           EFC
Power On/Standby  00087
Sleep             00149
Power             00153

Test these by making sure 1276 is the assigned setup code on Audio.
Press Setup briefly.
Enter 00149 (or other EFC). When you press the 5th digit, the remote will send the signal.

I recommend that you start by using EFC 00247 which is Vol+. That way you will be sure that the procedure is working.

Yamaha 765..465 codes in Pronto Hex format
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like 3fg has better information than I do.

3FG, Isn't the RX-465 the remote that we had to use a Gap-Helper protocol to do some of the discrete codes?

3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, and you can see that in the Pronto Hex data. Actually it was a RX-V665. The affected code were HDMI inputs.
gsmitty

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help! Will be a few days before I can try.

You are correct, the Yamaha is a 365.

Is there a way to change the number of digits accepted to 5? seems to me all I could enter was 4 digits on the Atlas remote
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gsmitty wrote:
Is there a way to change the number of digits accepted to 5? seems to me all I could enter was 4 digits on the Atlas remote

Are you talking about setup codes or EFCs? EFCs are either 3-digit in older remotes or 5-digit in newer remotes.

Setup codes are always 4 digits, except for when the device type is encoded in the first digit, in which case they are 5.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two types of codes under discussion here.
One is the setup code (Audio 1276 is recommended), and that specifies the IR protocol (the pattern of light flashes that symbolize the zeros and ones--NEC1 in this case), the device number (122 for the basic RX functions), and the default set of function numbers (which are different for each button). UEI remotes typically have 4 pages of setup codes: CBL/SAT, TV, Video (including VCR, DVD,DVR), and Audio. Your Atlas uses 4 digits in assigning a setup code, and the device mode button that you assign the setup code to defines the page type.

The second type of code is an Extended Function Code (EFC, and also termed Advanced Code), but there isn't anything especially extended or advanced about it. An EFC specifies the function number associated with each button.

Audio 1276 matches the RX-V365, but many of the default EFCs aren't correct. So we've told you alternate EFCs to use for Power, etc., and how to test the EFCs. Note that the procedure for testing an EFC is different from assigning a setup code. For testing an EFC, use a quick press of Setup. To assign a setup code, press Setup until the remote blinks twice. Once you have established the EFCs you want to use, assign them to buttons by following the 994 EFC keymove instructions.
gsmitty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Setup codes on the remote- I guess

excuse my ignorance, what is the Extended Function Code and why should I care?

Thanks
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since your post is only 2 minutes after mine, you may not have seen my attempt at an explanation. Please read it.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EFC’s

Extended Function Codes

UEI remotes do a very good job of generic coverage of most brand name equipment. However if you need functionality that is not included in the generic setup, UEI has provided a way to supplement these codes using EFC’s. EFC’s can be entered through the remotes numeric keypad, and they can be pasted (or keymoved) to remote buttons for regular use via a 994 instruction.

Older JP1 remotes, use 3 digit EFC’s, near the end of the JP1 era, 5 digit EFC’s were used. During the transition, a few remotes that we know of were not able to send EFC’s at all. All the newer flash remotes use 5 digit EFC’s, which provide even more functionality.

If your remote doesn’t control your equipment out of the box, you might still be able to use your equipment using EFC’s without the need of a cable. In order to utilize EFC’s you need to find a built in setup code that properly formats a signal.

The keymove remembers the setup code. So if you change setup codes, the keymoves will still reference the setup code that was in use when the 994 command was performed. This can be very useful if you need to combine different types of signals, but you also need to remember to delete those keymoves if you switch out your equipment.

With newbies, there seems to be a lot of confusion between setup codes and EFC’s, especially on the remotes that use 5 digit EFC’s and 5 digit Setup codes.

A setup code is a reference to the remotes internal library of codes. A booklet or pamphlet came with your remote listing the available setup codes in the remotes library. The EFC’s on the other hand are codes that translate to one function within the setup code such as the number 1 or the volume up.

So what we did here was to find a similar Yamaha code, use our tools to calculate the new EFC’s, used our tools to find a suitable setup code and we’ll supplement as much functionality as we can with the limitations of using the Atlas Ocap remote without a cable.

gsmitty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the great responses and explanations! I will try and let everyone know first chance i get
mythdraug

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same tuner and a URC1056 remote.

Using Audio 1276 does get the volume functioning as well as assigning some functions to the numeric keys. I have not been able to get the power/standby function to work using any of the EFCs above.

Any suggestions?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: