JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC10820N

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: URC10820N Reply with quote

Hmm, what happened to them all! I was going to buy one a few weeks ago, but couldn't get a confirmation on the N from the 6 vendors that I was considering, now I decided to bite the bullet and just purchase one, but every place that had them reasonably priced now has them listed as 'out of stock' or worse yet, they've totally disappeared from the site. They are almost 30% more expensive than they were a month ago!

Also a very technical question for Mike or Binky. Would device upgrades for a 10631063 work on a 10781078, or when they started using the bigger setupcodes, did this change the upgrade format?

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
bgalbrecht

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering the same thing! I almost bought some 10820s about a month or so ago, and then when I went looking about a week ago nobody had them anymore. I ordered 4 from one of the few Amazon merchants still listing them (2 showed up today but they didn't show the other 2 as backordered, grr), and since then, the Amazon merchants have been listing them, not listing them, and the prices are bouncing around. The two that I received are 10820Ns, but I don't have a JP1.2 cable yet.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While out shopping (December 2009) I found the URC-10820 on the shelf at Sears, there was absolutely no marking on the package to indicate if it was the 10820B00 or the 10820N. Yesterday my son opened his box from Amazon, and in 3 places on the packaging is clearly said urc10820N. So right now there is a crossover period and both models are being sold.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
robsee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject: How to easily tell the difference between the two Reply with quote

Looking at both models right now, you can easily tell the difference by looking at the logo at the bottom. The N has One for All in all black, the b00 has the O in One in red.

Vickyg2003,

Do you have any plans to port your extender to the N model? Basically I'm trying to decide if I should go buy a spare b00, or whether I'll be able to use an N at some point.

Thanks,
-Rob
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:31 am    Post subject: Re: How to easily tell the difference between the two Reply with quote

robsee wrote:
Looking at both models right now, you can easily tell the difference by looking at the logo at the bottom. The N has One for All in all black, the b00 has the O in One in red.

That's good to know when buying these second hand.

Quote:

Vickyg2003,

Do you have any plans to port your extender to the N model? Basically I'm trying to decide if I should go buy a spare b00, or whether I'll be able to use an N at some point.

Thanks,
-Rob

There is a long thin box with my name on it, under the tree, so my guess is that I'll be working on a 10820n extender real soon. It would be an easy port, but I'm going to try adding FAV support.

dheiskell

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject: urc10820N macro timeout interval? Reply with quote

I set up a URC10820N and discovered that the device key macros have a ~2 second delay before sending the macro. The other jp1 remotes I have used had no delay on device key macros. It is NOT intuitive to have to hold the key down for 2-3 seconds to turn something on.

Is the device key delay a new FEATURE or have other jp1 remotes also had this?

Finally is there any way to modify the delay timeout?
jeajea

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the jp1 remotes I own have a 2 second delay for macros on the device key. If you are willing to press two buttons a work around is to use the shifted mode of the device keys for the macro. To invoke a shift device macro
1 press and release shift (setup)
2 press the desired device key with the shift mode and the macro executes immediately

I think an extender can change the delay but shift device works very well for me Smile
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious about these device key macros as well. I've never put a macro on a device key myself, so I had no idea this delayed behavior existed. I always thought a long key press macro required an extender, and that macros on device buttons superceded their device selection functions.

So, if you put a macro on a device button on an 10820N, a short press changes devices like normal and a long press runs the macro. Is that correct? Do any other unextended JP1 remotes work this way?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried putting a macro directly on a device key. As expected, a short press runs the macro without delay. But a long press ( > 2 sec) selects that device mode without running the macro. This behavior in an RCA RCRP05B in my case is the opposite of what apparently happens on a 10820N.

I'm still wondering if this is unique to the 10820N.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a free day and have been playing around with the 10820n, but it doesn't respond the way I would expect. I'm wondering if its a different chip than the 10820. I have most of my jp1 tools with me, but I don't have my tools for opening the cases. Crying or Very sad

jeajea

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 10820B00 and 8820B00 have the 2 second delay on device key macros (and the manuals explain it). My earlier post was wrong. The 8910B02 and Atlas OCAP 1056 execute device key macros immediately. All of them execute shift device key macros immediately.

When the Atlas OCAP is in VCR mode you must press record twice for it to send the record signal.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeajea wrote:
When the Atlas OCAP is in VCR mode you must press record twice for it to send the record signal.

That's a common feature with UEI remotes.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HERE's the 10820N manual where the 2 second delay device key macro is explained.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: