JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Power toggle for Onkyo TX-SR805 executes 2x in macro - why?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bugman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:16 am    Post subject: Power toggle for Onkyo TX-SR805 executes 2x in macro - why? Reply with quote

Using an RS 15-2116 remote, trying to setup a macro to toggle power on all devices which are:

- Onkyo TX-SR805 receiver
- SA8300HD cable box
- DTV H23-600 satellite receiver
- Pioneer 510H DVR
- Sony Bravia KDL-V32XBR2 LCD TV

Everything works fine except for the fact that when everything is ON and I hit the button to turn everything OFF, the receiver will turn off and then back ON again. Everything else turns off fine & stays off.

The duplicate power code does not happen if everything is OFF and I hit the macro button to turn everything ON - in that scenario the receiver seems to get only one power code - it comes on and stays on as I desire.

I configured the upgrade for the Onkyo with Remote Master 1.98beta7, and the power function I have assigned to the power button on the remote is "Power on/off toggle" (not just "Power off"). When I hit just the device button I have the receiver assigned to (AUDIO) and then POWER, it works as expected - if receiver is on it goes off, and if it's off it turns on - no duplication of signals. It's only in the macro that this duplication of power signals happens.

I have tried rearranging the sequence of the macro signals, and assigning the macro to different buttons on the remote (have it now assigned to "MY SYSTEM"), no change.

Any ideas?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its really hard to diagnose a problem when you can't see the code. If you post the IR and upgrade files you used and post a link to the file(s), it would help us spot the kind of errors you are encountering.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO you're asking for trouble trying to keep power toggle devices in sync. Better to use discretes since they work perfectly every time. Typically you'd have macros for a smaller group of devices with discrete on's, and one master power off macro with discrete off's. AFAIK, all your devices except the cable box likely have discretes.

THIS thread has some good ideas.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: