JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Newer Sony TV's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andyross

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Newer Sony TV's Reply with quote

My old Sony TV (KV-30XBR910) died, so I ended up buying a new one (KDL-46EX700). Most of the basic codes from the old TV work, but none of the direct input selections do, other than Video 2 and Tuner.

Any good suggestions on which of the upgrades in the files section would be a good representative of the latest Sony's? For now, I mainly need to have it set the Component 1 and 2 inputs for my DVD and cable box. The TV has 4 HDMI, composite on the side, a component only, and a combo component/composite in the back.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Remote Central (2010 TVs)
Device and OBC number:
HD1/Component 1 164 OBC 54
HD2/Component 2 164 OBC 55
HDMI 1 26 OBC 90
HDMI 2 26 OBC 91
HDMI 3 26 OBC 92
HDMI 4 26 OBC 93
HDMI 5 26 OBC 94
PC 1 OBC 67
Tuner 1 OBC 36
Video 1 1 OBC 64
Video 2 1 OBC 65
Widgets 26 OBC 122
Pic Off Toggle 1 OBC 62
Store Mode 151 OBC 106
Power Off 1 OBC 47
Power On 1 OBC 46

There's several KDL upgrades. You should be able to modify any of them with these codes.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another good resource for Sony codes is this:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/sony
andyross

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I modified my existing KM upgrade to add in the new codes and then updated IR with that and few other changes. Works OK for now. For now, I can at least swap between the cable and DVD without going through the input menu.

When I get the time, I'll check the others. The remote has other keys such as OPTION (mini-menu), i-Manual (built-in user manual), Internet Video, QRIOCITY, 4 color keys, etc...
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've indicated in other posts that you have a URC-8811 learning remote, did your new TV come with a remote? If so, why don't you learn those new buttons to get the codes?
andyross

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will when I have some time. It just means having to hard-reset the remote so it can learn, as I normally have an extender in it.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mean to sound snotty, but ...

It's reasonable to try to get the codes from somebody in the forum IF THEY ARE AVAILABLE without going through the hassle of learning them, but after 2-3 days, why not just do it?

For an experienced user, as you must be, using the extender, it's probably a maximum of 30 minutes work to (1) de-activate the extender, (2) save your IR file, (3) do a 981 reset, (4) learn three-four buttons, (5) download the learned file, (6) save it, (7) re-upload your original remote image, and (8) activate the extender.

Then you use the decodes to tweak your upgrades as necessary and add them to your remote at your leisure.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
andyross

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I mentioned, it was a matter of me finding the time to look through files and do the learning.

I did go through some of the Sony files, but didn't find any with some of the newest keys, although I did find a few new codes. I ended up learning a bunch of them and decoding them.

I do have one question: Is there any easy way to test some of these codes without having to do some temporary key programming? With the basic codes on something like device code 0000 (the basic Sony code) I could use Setup-x-y-z to send an EFC. With the Sony Combo code, it looks like there is no way to type in an EFC to test it?

I'd like to test to see if they work, and what old codes may or may not work, before uploading the file.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way to do it would be to either use a built in setup code that has the right device code(s) or build a temporary upgrade that has them. The combo protocol is just there to let you combine functions from several different Sony device codes.
andyross

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I uploaded the new codes. In looking at this, I could probably change this to Sony 12/15 instead of 12/15/20, which would save some memory. It works for now, and I have lots of other key moves and other manual entries I would have to update in IR.

This was a good learning experience, as I had some issues with codes on Device 26. They didn't work until I figured out I had to use a special entry to force it to Sony15.
andyross

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rats. I cannot convert it to Sony12/15 as the TV has 6 different device codes. The Sony12/15 protocol only supports 2.

I might be able to save a little with my Sony DVD, which is using 12/15/20, but is actually a pure Sony20 device.
(NOPE. Still won't work as it is using 2 Sony20 device codes!!)

Oh well, I learned alot about Sony codes with this mess.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: