JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

OFA OARP05S
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wnewell

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean there is no keymove function (setup - 994 in older remotes). There is some special ones for volume and channel, but for instance I want to copy the TV power to DVR power button. No can do using the remote as far as I can tell. Maybe with JP programming. I haven't tried that yet.

BTW, the opening for the JP1.3 connector is very small. I had to take a file to the connector on my JP1.2/3 cable to get it to fit into the opening. No big deal, but thought I'd post it.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a keymove function, but like some other OFA/RS remotes, the power key is one you can't assign a EFC too, or keymove too.
flt505

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OARP05S.
I just received from Wal-Mart Site-to-Store, here is my setup:
. TV - SAMSUNG HPT5054 Plasma w/PIP (or side-by side dual picture)
. Cox Cable - Motorola DCH 3416 HD-DVR
. DirectTV - HR21 700 HD-DVR
All three had device codes, all expected functions work fine.
Reassigned DVR button to be a 2nd Cbl/Sat device,it is my DirectTV mode.
The CBL button is for the Cox box.
I had to Unlock the Channel Up/Down&numbers from the CBL button(default)
so i could change channels in DirectTV mode and Cox cable mode.
Changed the ON DEMAND button to INPUT in both DirectTV and CBL mode.
Changed the FAV button to be P.Size (Aspect) in DirectTV and CBL modes.
Changed the 'Blue' button to DirectTV 'Format' button in DirectTV mode.
This is so i can do most all functions with my thumb and is in easy reach.
I programed MACRO2 to swap sound from Main to Sub/Side-by-side screen because the TV forces you to go thru an 8 key menu sequence to do this.
mikek

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know a brick and mortar where you can buy this remote? (OARP05S)

I saw that someone bought one at Walmart, but I dont see it listed on their website.

-mk
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BestBuy
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
BestBuy
Do they have the OFA version too, or just the RCA version? I haven't been able to find the OFA version either. Not that it really matters. The only difference is the color.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only seen the RCA black version. At one point Rob felt that the RCA was slated to not have the JP1 connector, while the OFA would. If true, that would be a significant difference!
wnewell

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I order my RCA from ritzcamera.com about a month ago and it had the JP1.3 connector.
mikek

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered the OARP05S from Meijer.com. I was disappointed that the design changed to look exactly like the RCA version. The One For All version used to be slightly different and I would prefer that old version.

This is the old version. I don't think they are sold anymore.

http://www.meijer.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=132316&CAWELAID=351601936#
WagonMaster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case it will be useful, I've made a map file for this OARP05S remote which I (as the new RDF/map/image file maintainer) will be including in the next release.

We already have RDF/map/image files for the similar RCA RCRP05B remote and those files will be in the next release as well. But the OARP05S has some differences in the buttons (like the device buttons, the colored buttons, and the buttons to the left and right of the 'zero' button).

If anybody has the OARP05S remote (not one that looks like the RCA RCRP05B, though, which I already own) and can confirm the naming on the device buttons, that would be useful to me. I currently have (left to right, just based on looking at the image VickyG posted earlier) "TV", "AUD", "DVD", "VCR", and "DVR", but I'm not sure about the "AUD" and "DVR" buttons at all. I just assume for now that since my RCA RCRP05B has them, that the OARP05S does too, even though the order is clearly not the same!

Also, there is no RDF for the OARP05S remote. If someone wants to write one, or at least confirm the similarities and differences compared to the RCRP05B's RDF, that would certainly be useful too -- now or any time in the future.

Bill
mikek

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am starting to believe that the pictured OARP05S doesn't exist. It must have been a prototype that never went on sale. I couldn't find anyone who actually has this remote.

Is there any difference between the real OARP05S and the RCA version?

-mk
WagonMaster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikek wrote:
I am starting to believe that the pictured OARP05S doesn't exist. It must have been a prototype that never went on sale. I couldn't find anyone who actually has this remote.

Bummer. I guess making a map for it may have been a waste of time, then. Crying or Very sad Laughing Oh well, I'll still put it in the set, in case someone in some mythical land somewhere has one of the beasts.

mikek wrote:
Is there any difference between the real OARP05S and the RCA version?

If by "the real OARP05S" you mean one that looks like the picture in the link you gave earlier (or this larger one, which otherwise seems identical), then yes, they are different (as I mentioned in my previous post). If that's not what you meant, then I'm confused. Confused

Now I'm curious about what you actually received. Does your remote look exactly like the b/w line drawing in this post? My RCA RCRP05B looks exactly like that drawing. Is your "OARP05S" remote from Meijers black or silver? Or have you ordered it but not yet received it? Just curious....

Bill
Ellen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently received an OARP05S remote from MCM Electronics. Except for its gun metal gray upper case color (bottom is black), it looks exactly like the RCA RCRP05B.
WagonMaster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the confirmation, Ellen!

I guess I'll assume for now that the RCRP05B and OARP05S are internally identical and (except for the color) externally identical and I will treat them as such, for RDF/map/image file purposes, unless/until someone reports otherwise.

Bill
mikek

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto.

What I mean by "the real OARP05S" is the one that looks just like the RCA one. The one pictured and the one in the link does not exist as far a I know.

The one I received from Meijer looks just like the RCA layout. The only difference is the top color is gray and it says "One For All" on the bottom.

The mythical remote looks like a better remote (the buttons are bigger), but I don't think it went into production.

So I believe for all intents and purposes the OARP05S and the RCRP05B are exactly the same. The color is a little different but that is about it.

The OARP05S I received from Meijer looks exactly like the drawing.

BTW, it looks like Audiovox owns RCA and One For All remotes.

-mk
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: