JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Assigning to device button in IR

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul419

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:00 am    Post subject: Assigning to device button in IR Reply with quote

I wasn't sure whether or not to post this in the Beginners board or in the Software board.

When I use Devices -> Add to import data from RM, if the imported data contains Key Moves I am asked to assign a device button. However, if the imported data has no Key Moves I am not asked to assign a device button and I can't see any way of doing the assignment. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You assign devices to buttons on the Device Buttons panel of the General tab. Once you have imported a device upgrade, the device code you have used can be assigned there to a button in exactly the same way as the inbuilt device codes can be. You click on the Device Buttons row for the button you want to use. The row of editing windows then moves to that row. Just edit the text in the Code column.
Paul419

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Graham. I had been filling in the code column without filling in the type column first. That clears that problem up.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul, what remote are you using? There don't seem to be a lot of us JP1ers in the UK so I'm just asking out of interest.
Paul419

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a URC 7555 and a 7781. I am just in the process of finalising transfer of all my 7555 codes to my 7781. I'm sure that if people realised how good IR and RM are there would be a lot more users here!
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I should have known about your remotes! That was you with the Sky (UK) question, too. Embarassed

Are you into Extenders? The URC-7781 becomes a much better remote with my extender for it, which you can find here. There's a detailed manual in the .zip package which you might like to look at, even if you don't feel confident enough yet to install an extender. It's worth taking the time and trouble to get that far into JP1 stuff - though I may be biased, for obvious reasons! Smile
Paul419

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Graham. I had seen extenders mentioned and was beginning to get curious as to what they were. I have downloaded your 7781 extender and will read the manual fully. I like the idea of being able to create dedicated device selection buttons. I have to put my glases on each time I want to change devices at the moment - my only criticism of the 7781!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: