JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lite-On DD-A300GX dvd recorder

View previous topic :: View next topic  
trailsman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject: Lite-On DD-A300GX dvd recorder Reply with quote

Subject: Lite-On DD-A300GX dvd recorder code needed

1. Device: Lite-On DD-A300GX
2. Type of device: DVD recorder
3. Year: 2006
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: RM-V202(SONY)
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? No
6. Still have original remote? No
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? No
10. Learning remote question? n/a

I have that remote and that device. I lost the original remote. The device only has play, stop, pause, eject and power on it. It'd be nice to be able to FF and RW or skip to scenes in movies. I looked online for over a week and just found this forum. I hope someone here can help me. Thanks!
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Trailsman,

I don't think the RM-V202 (Sony) is a UEI remote, at least I didn't find anything about it in the Devices Spreadsheet. A JP1 remote has a 6 pin connector in the battery compartment.

Here in JP1 land we can do a lot with a JP1 remote, but zilch with an non-JP1 brand of remote.

If you had a JP1 cable and Remote, then you could try all the upgrades that you can find. Even if you had a JP1 remote without a cable, there is a lot we can do to build on codes that already exist in the remote.

It could be one of these codes or it could be something else entirely. UEI has 7 different official upgrades for the Lite-On.

1058 NEC1 85. 234
1158 NEC1 10, 247
1161 NEC1 85, 234
1416 JVC 239
1440 JVC 239
1456 NEC1 65. 250
1738 JVC 239

None of the remtoes UEI currently available has any kind of Nec 65,250 codes built in but the rest you could check out with keymoves. My money would be on the JVC-239 type signal, since the Lite-On DD-A100GX and the HD-A740GX both use the JVC-239 code set.

You could buy a JP1 remote, or you could perhaps borrow a JP1 remote from someone with a JP1 cable remote. Many cable companies offer JP1 remotes to operate there SetTopBoxes.

You could get a JP1 remote with or without the cable, or maybe you could have someone with remotes for sale in the market place add all these upgrades for you, and perhaps any other upgrades that you can find for the Lite-On in the upgrade area or you can join in the madness that goes on here by getting a remote and cable.

Its a really crazy hobby.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Sony isn't a JP1 remote, so there's nothing we can do here.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We do have a couple of Sony Jp1 remotes, that came as OEM for Tivo, but they didn't show any promise either. Those Tivo remotes don't use standard device numbering so I couldn't give you anything else anyway.

I went over to the Sony site to see if they had a code for that RM-v202 that might have some of the other brands that share Lite-On DVD JVC-239 codes, but didn't see Accurian, DigitalMax, Presidian, Proline or Yamada listed in the supported DVD either. So that Sony just isn't going to do it for you. If you are in the State's you might want to look into the RadioShack 15-133,15-134, or 15-135. They do have the 1058,1158,1416, and 1738 codes built in so you could probably get full control with these remotes. You might have to use some keymoves, but you could do these without an upgrade or an original remote.

You'd still be out of luck if the 1456 code was the one it used. To try that one you'd need a cable, but my educated guess says the Radioshacks models listed above would work. (they go on sale about every other month).
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: