JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Samsung replacement - URC 11-1910 R00

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
teknosrp

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 4:04 am    Post subject: Samsung replacement - URC 11-1910 R00 Reply with quote

Hi

I have the remote stated on the topic tittle. It is intented as a Samsung-only replacement remote, not being user programmable and working out-of-the-box with samsung TVs without entering any code.

It is possible to reprogram these one-brand-only remotes with JP1, so they work with other brands or devices? It has a JP1 header.

Is there any method to enter directly a code for other TV brands, as with a traditional universal remote? Directly from the keypad without needing cables nor programs.

Thanks for your help Very Happy
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The short answer is: yes, probably

If it has a JP1 header, you can almost certainly download from the remote using a JP1 cable. I don't think we've seen this remote before, but I could be wrong. If, when you try downloading from the remote, RMIR doesn't recognize it, we'll need to create an RDF for it, and we'll need your help with that, but once that is done, then yes, you should be able to make this remote do whatever you want, within the limits of the remote's abilities that is.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We do have a similar one in the database, the Insignia Sony NS-RMTSNY17. So the Insignia version for Samsung, the NS-RMTSAM21 (likely a clone of the URC 4910) should be quite similar and easy to make an RDF for. Like the Sony, I expect it to have only one device, no learning, keymoves or macro capability, but can definitely be programmed via JP1 for a different device other than Samsung.

Here's the Insignia branded Samsung replacement One For All.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-replacement-remote-for-samsung-tvs-black/6448217.p?skuId=6448217

The 4910 appears to be a recent model (circa 2020) in the line of OFA Samsung replacements including the 1810 and much older 1910 (circa 2013).

Personally, I'd get a lot more remote for the money with the much more capable ONN below. It can do learning, keymoves, macros, multiple devices and has backlighting. And you can easily program it for virtually any TV without a cable or JP1 software. Of course you can do a lot more with a JP1 cable if you're so inclined.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/onn-R113663-6-Device-Universal-Remote/747238608

Last edited by mdavej on Wed May 22, 2024 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 3:47 pm    Post subject: Samsung replacement - URC 11-1910 R00 Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:

Personally, I'd get a lot more remote for the money with the much more capable ONN below. It can do learning, keymoves, macros, multiple devices and has backlighting. And you can easily program it for virtually any TV without a cable or JP1 software. Of course you can do a lot more with a JP1 cable if you're so inclined.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/onn-Universal-6-Device-Remote-Black-Compatible-for-TV-DVD-Streaming-Audio-Soundbar/767159183?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0

I did not think that the Walmart Onn remote that you have the link to is JP1
Here is the link to the Onn R113663 6-Device Universal Remote that is JP1
https://www.walmart.com/ip/onn-R113663-6-Device-Universal-Remote/747238608
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good catch. Link fixed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: