JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

'special function' sped up using extender/macro?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
teddy_m

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:12 pm    Post subject: 'special function' sped up using extender/macro? Reply with quote

this is about an inteset 422-3.

in rmir under "Special Functions" I have a function of "Type DSM":

A;Power;B;Power;A

it takes around 1 second for that to fully execute and it's kind of annoying that I have to hold the remote pointed at the devices until it's done.

could that be GREATLY sped up if I learn about extenders/macros? and hopefully I can figure out that a "DSM"/function can be converted to a macro?

that's the only reason I would look into extenders/macros so wanted to check first before I invest a lot of time studying only to find out it ultimately didn't help with this task Smile
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I am aware, the answer to both questions is NO, though I don't fully understand the second question. Someone with more knowledge of the extender for the Inteset 422-3 may know differently, however.
teddy_m

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great, thanks so much for confirmation! since I would not get the speedup I would've been doing this for everyone else can ignore my post Smile
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my experience, extender macros run much faster. I don?t understand your other question. A DSM is already a macro. It?s just limited to a device, not all devices like a global macro.
Lurker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DSM is Device-Specific-Macro. Extenders for older remotes do indeed make both DSM and regular macros much, much faster.

Unfortunately, current remotes (including Inteset 422-3) are all too slow and cannot be sped up. Older fast remotes can still be found on Ebay, for example https://www.ebay.com/itm/161935416459
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: