JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Baby steps - cannot find remote
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked one of my contacts at UEI if he knew what kind of file that bin file might be and he had no clue either. If the goal was just to get the official setup code number, I have that, it's RCVR/5812. He gave me the official list of EFCs and they mostly match what you already determined for your upgrade.

One curious thing though, he has OBCs 26 and 27 for Balance Left & Right, whereas you have OBCs 27 and 28. So, before I tell him that his codes are wrong, could you double check those?

His list had a few extra functions under device code 20 that you could try:
11 Time
29 Repeat
41 Program
62 CD Power

I have added these to the upgrade file that I posted earlier:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26822
jacobacci

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rob, together we will get this done.
The Balance Codes he gave you are correct:
BALR 26
BALL 27
I had gotten those wrong on an early list and since corrected them in my own RMDU file. I had also added the additional CD codes you listed. I have uploaded the current (hopefully final) version here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26848
This is what the One for all code should do and what the layout should look like.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what is going on. Is RCVR/5812 a new code UEI has created for Neukomm or an existing code that agrees with Neukomm settings? If it is a newly created code, presumably there are no existing remotes that support it. I have checked that it is not in the Contour series of remotes.
jacobacci

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
I'm not sure what is going on. Is RCVR/5812 a new code UEI has created for Neukomm or an existing code that agrees with Neukomm settings? If it is a newly created code, presumably there are no existing remotes that support it. I have checked that it is not in the Contour series of remotes.

I had asked UEI to define a code for Neukomm (because not everyone frequents the JP1 forum) and I gave them the same list of codes to be used as I initially gave on this forum. They then created the code and sent me the BIN file (apparently for the URC 1210) to test whether the code would work.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham, I don't show RCVR/5812 as being in any remotes, which makes sense if they just created it at Jacobacci's request.

Jacobacci, the list that they sent me was missing the EJECT (open/close) code, did you give that to them?

Btw, you loaded your new upgrade to the main Device Upgrade folder, rather than the Audio sub-folder, so I moved it for you. There are no upgrades in the root folder.
jacobacci

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hansruedi Neukomm had specifically wanted to leave off the disc open/close code, so I respected his wish.
I put disc open/close on my personal remote / rmdu file, as I use it.
jacobacci

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To complete my personal Neukomm / dCS rmdu configuration, I would like to add some commands for my dCS Rossini DAC to the UC 1210.
If you can give me some pointers how to do this, I think I can to this on my own (in the meantime I know where to add the functions).
I have uploaded the dCS Remote Control manual here. The commands are on page 10.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26853
Specifically I would like to add the following 3 functions:
Volume +
Volume -
Select next Input
thanks a lot
jacobacci

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I figured it out with a bit of trial and error.
Learning the dCS Vol+ and Vol- codes and then comparing to the dCS document gave me the right codes.
I have now added them to the RMDU file here
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26855

The dCS Vol+ and Vol- keys repeat very quickly. It is difficult to change the volume only one step. Is there any way to slow down the repeat?

This last RMDU does not really need to go into the audio section, as it is a very special configuration only used by me.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do the learned dCS volume buttons work properly? If so, I'd like to see the RMIR file with the learns in it.

I created an RMDU file for the dCS based on the codes that you posted, could you please verify that it works:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26856
jacobacci

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have uploaded the rmir file with the two learned dCS codes here
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26857
The codes were learned off a Logitech Harmony 950, not the original dCS remote (which I don't have).
The learned codes repeat even faster than the 'discrete' ones I manually added.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have modified the learned signals to be non-repeating, do these work?
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26858
jacobacci

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, they work as intended. Per press, the volume is reduced by 0.5db once and only once. However reducing by 12db is becoming a bit long having to press 24 times.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'll try something else, I'll recreate them as repeating signals and tell you how to adjust the leadout time, the theory being that if we lengthen the leadout time, it will make them repeat slower.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, here are the same 2 signals, altered to be repeating (I had to clean up one of them as there was some garbage at the beginning.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26859

If you click on one of the learned signals and click the Edit button, you can edit the raw code (make sure the Pronto data format is selected). For the first signal, you'll see "0D00" at the end of the string, and for the second you'll see "0CA7". The reason they're not the same is because the first one is really "0CA7" and "0041" approximately added together. (These are hexadecimal values, just FYI).

So, going with the theory that the leadout time needs to be extended, starting increasing "0D00" on the first signal until you find a value (hopefully) that does what you want. Try values like "0E00" then "1000" then "1100", etc.

If you find a value that works, just decrease it by "0059" for the other button. If you don't know how to work with hex, fire up the Windows Calculator and select Programmer mode, then select Hex.
jacobacci

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Rob,
I found the way to edit the pronto codes. However the Ch+ button in the v2 RMIR file does not repeat at all, so I cannot see the effect.

I reverted the remote to the 'discrete' codes given in the dCS document. While the repeat is on the fast side, I can reliably select a 0.5db volume step by doing a very short press and the repeat works fine. With the learned code, the repeat sets in so fast that the shortest I can select by single press is a 1db (= 2x 0.5db) step.

All things considered, it is probably not worth the effort to create an extra code for dCS Vol+ and Vol-. Probably best to simply use the code from the documentation.

I hope I am not demotivating you.

Rudi
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: