JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Baby steps - cannot find remote
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no learned signals in that file.
jacobacci

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have done some systematic testing, learning the codes in question to the FF/FB and to the Vol+ Vol- keys.
The issue is clearly not the learning or the code I am programming with RMIR. The issue is that the FF and FB keys on the URC 1210 do not repeat whereas the Vol+ and Vol- keys do.
Hansruedi Neukomm has 10 URC 1210 and we have replicated the behaviour on several of them. This seems to be a systematic issue. An URC 1240 is showing the same behaviour.

The behaviour of the original Neukomm IRX100 remote regarding FF and FB is as follows:
Short press on FF sends NEXT (skip track forward)
Long press on FF repeats FF
Short press on FB sends PREV (skip track back)
Long press on FB repeats FB

I have now opened a ticket with one for all support and they have forwarded the information to development.
Keeping my fingers crossed.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you saying that, if you program the FFWD and REW functions to other buttons, like VOL +/- for example, then they do repeat as they should? Likewise, if you program the VOL +/- functions to the FFWD and REW buttons, they do not repeat?

If so, that would confirm that those buttons just don't repeat on this remote.

However, if you find that the problem follows the function, it may be that the OEM remote sends different signals for long vs. short presses.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These remotes are essentially the same as the URC-1280 but with fewer buttons. In the thread on the URC-1280 there is the following:

The Robman wrote:
Have you actually tested the upgrade to see whether the functions that you put on shift/Menu and shift/Info work? To get the keycode for a shifted button, you add 0x80 to the unshifted keycode. The keycodes for Menu and Info are 0x14 and 0x15, so the shifted keycodes are 0x94 and 0x95. If you look in the RDF at the [ButtonMaps] section, you'll see that $94 and $95 are both included. So, the reason why RM doesn't generate keymoves is because it doesn't have to, it can include the functions in the main upgrade. As further proof, if you look at the hex codes for the 2 functions in question, you'll see them in the main upgrade code.

After further testing, no way was found for generating the $94 and $95 codes. Rob wrote

The Robman wrote:
I will see if any of the folks smarter than me can determine what those codes are really for, if it's not for the shifted buttons.

No-one responded. Till now! The FastFwd and Rewind buttons in the current RDF send non-repeating short-press signals. Long-press Rewind is keycode $94, long-press FastFwd is keycode $95, which send repeating signals.

I have tested this only on a URC1280 Contour 8 v2, signature 368001 but would expect this to be so also on the related Contour remotes. I will post revised RDFs for this series of remotes that will include these signals.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please try this revised RDF and Map. The RDF file replaces one in the RDF subfolder of your RMIR installation folder, the Map file replaces one in the Images folder. You will need to choose URC-1280 v2 when offered a choice of remotes on a download of your URC-1210 as that is the only one I have modified. I will do the others with that signature if you confirm that this works and meets your needs.

What this does is split the outline for FastFwd and Rewind buttons in the Layout tab into two, named FastFwd and FastFwd(Held) and correspondingly Rewind and Rewind(Held), with these names also on the Buttons tab.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good catch Graham.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now posted RMIR v3.0.14 in the RMIR Development folder on SourceForge. This adds RDF, Map and Image files for the URC-1210 Contour TV v2 which include support for long keypress of FastFwd and Rewind and updates the RDF and Map files of the three other remotes with same signature 368001 with this support.

I have also posted Neukomm Amplifier and CD Player rev1, an RMDU file that revises Rob's original. This is for use with RMIR v3.0.14 only as it changes the remote to URC-1210 v2 and puts Rewind and FFW functions on both the short and long presses of Rewind and FastFwd buttons.

It is not clear, from what jacobacci has written, whether the original sends different signals on short and long keypresses of these buttons. If it does then the short press functions will need changing, as it seems clear that the Rewind and FFW functions need to be on the long press buttons which do repeat when held.
jacobacci

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the investigation, @mathsdon, I have been in touch with One for all support for the issue. The answer I got back is that the FF and FB buttons can do different functions for short / long press. They added that proprietary code was used for this behaviour and that they would not reveal that.
It seems mathdon cracked the issue.
I have done the learning again, this time the remote caught everything. The original remote does send different codes on short and long key presses, as you should be able to see in the rmir file I have uploaded here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26828

I have also tested mathsdon's latest oeuvre and it DOES work! Congratulations and a BIG THANK YOU.
I changed the rev2 file to put CD NEXT and CD PREV on the short press for FF and FB and now both functions (long and short press) work like a breeze.

I will now finalize the buttons layout with Hansruedi Neukomm and then upload the final layout.

You guys are simply awesome!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the OBCs for the buttons that you learned:

FWD 52
REW 50
CH+ 32
CH- 33
jacobacci

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those OBCs match the RC5 codes I got from Hansruedi Neukomm. So everything looks ok.
jacobacci

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The saga continues. I had asked oneforall a while back whether they could give the Neukomm Amplifier and CD profile a code, so that anyone can set the oneforall remote to that code.
They have now sent me a BIN file which they said I would be able to upload to the Contour TV using JP1. However I have not found any indication of JP1 using BIN files.
Can someone enlighten me, what sort of file oneforall should send me for testing? Would this need to be an rmdu file?
I have uploaded the BIN file here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26847
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't recognize the format of that bin file.
jacobacci

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I don't recognize the format of that bin file.

Thanks Rob
What Format should they send me? RMDU?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an idea what sort of file it is, but am yet to test it. Please wait for further news Smile .
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I seem to be wrong. A remote has to contain a database of setup data for each supported setup code. If a new setup code is to be supported, its data must be added to the database. I thought that this bin file might be a firmware patch to replace the existing database with one that included Neukomm data, but if so then it would also include setup data for all currently supported setup codes. I have looked for some of that data in the bin file but cannot find it, so I think my guess is wrong.

My suggestion is to ask OfA what this file contains, as at present I have no idea what it is they are trying to give you. I would not suggest to them an alternative file type such as RMDU until we know more about what they are trying to provide.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: