JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sony 12/15 - how many OBCs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
n8nagel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:24 pm    Post subject: Sony 12/15 - how many OBCs? Reply with quote

Good evening party people,

I'm messing with a semi-broken Sony TC-WR87ES which is a 2 head dual well deck. I'm not finding a complete code set for this anywhere so I'm back at it again brute forcing this. Appears that Deck A is device 16 and Deck B is device 14. Of course the codes are not the same deck to deck so I'm doing both. My question is this: how many OBCs are there per device? 0-63? 0-127? How would I tell? or just start punching stuff into the upgrade and see what happens? thanks much!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are 128 OBCs (0-127) per device code with the Sony protocol. I was going to say to check our Sony site, but I can tell that you did that from the codes listed in your upgrade. It looks like you found 3 new OBCs, so I have added them to the Sony cassette page.
n8nagel

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Rob

I was just wondering if there was some way I should know that without trial and error

yes I did fin the list, I was hoping that I'd find more functionality e.g. I didn't find a code for "Blank Skip" or any of the dubbing functions and those are all soft buttons, but maybe Sony just didn't have that functionality. I did find enough to make things work though.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

n8nagel wrote:
I was just wondering if there was some way I should know that without trial and error

Well, normally you would have the OEM remote to learn them from. Some OEMs do publish their codes, like Yamaha, but that is by far the exception rather than the norm. And even if you do have the OEM remote, there are often other codes, like discrete codes, that can only be found by experimentation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: