JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Adding the extender to a URC-7560 or 7562 (old)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you edited the extender RDF as I said in my last post?
davecs

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
Sorry, but it is not the original RDFs you need to change, it is the extender one. So you need to edit EBX0EBV0 (URC-7560_7562 Extender).rdf and in the [DeviceTypeAliases] section change the three OEM Mode entries to OEM Mode 1, OEM Mode 2, OEM Mode 3 for DevType4, DevType5, Special respectively.

If it works, I will fix the instructions tomorrow.

Yes it worked! All the lights on the remote worked as they should after I had "armed" the remote following upload. Of course I need to add my devices to it. I'm not sure that the Special Features tab should be there at all. To get a DSM you have to put a macro on a Phantom or unused key then call the function from a key move.

Now that we've crossed this particular barrier, I'm having the rest of the day off, though!
davecs

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect that the reason that I don't have any ir or rmir files for this remote from years ago, is that I was using Windows at the time. Nowadays, whenever I get a new computer I transfer the contents of my /home area on the hard drive and as a result I have stuff going back years, but not for the 7560.

But memories are coming back fast. The extender has relatively limited space in the Move/Macro area, but it's not an issue because you can put lots of stuff on Shifted-keys without a key move by creating a second device but with the the LSBit of the Setup Code inverted. So if your device code is an even number, add one, or if it's odd, subtract one, and all the keys set on the extra device are seen as shifted. Neat.

So for example I've set up my TV as 1510, but also created a device 1511 and put the AV key on that instead of on the main TV device.

You can also do Push and Pop. So the macro on the AV button is PushDev ; TV ; Shift-AV ; PopDev. And this will rotate through the TV's input for all devices but leave the device unchanged.

Another thing with these older OFA remotes is that you get different sets of keys directly programmable without key moves, according to the device. It's very noticeable with this one. I originally set my Amplifier up as Amp/1500 but then I changed it to TV/1500 and half the contents of the KeyMoves tab vanished. My amplifier doesn't care what the remote control thinks my device is, it just wants the right codes!!

On this one, you need to reserve your 8 Phantom buttons (4 plain, 4 shifted) for Macros, then you can use Key Moves along with one of the extender features to assign them to Device-Specific physical keys.

So it's not going to be as straightforward to program as a few other remotes, but could be quite powerful.

Graham, thanks for all the work you do!!
davecs

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sort of epilogue. I am having a problem or two, not caused by the RMIR, or the RDF file. I have two of these remotes and they both have dead keys. I'm not going to do anything more in terms of programming them until I've had a look inside them and cleaned them up inside and ensured the key rubber is seated properly. Probably in the week, as my wife's daughter is home for the weekend and the kitchen table is unlikely to be free!

Interestingly, I'm seeing these remotes turning up on eBay quite a bit.
davecs

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the epilogue, another day dawns!

I thought that I might have a problem with a key or two on my old 7560, but I have had another look and the problem was this: The extender enables you to add shifted keys by creating another device with the LSB of a binary representation of the device code, flipped, which would be available on that device. This works if you press magic followed by the button, but you can't include the Shifted button in a macro. So a key I had assigned to send "AV" to the TV in all devices, was sending nothing at all and not lighting up the TV button. Now I've changed it from AV on 1511 to shift-AV on 1510 and it works.

I took another look to see what happens if I send Magic then AV instead of Shift-AV in the macro, when the shifted key is defined in device 1511. It didn't work. So if you want a shifted key to run inside a macro, it has to be defined as a key move.

As for my old silver 7562 (internally the same remote), several keys don't seem to work so that might have to be opened up for a clean-up.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now posted urc7560-extender_2.2.zip in File Section > Extenders > URC7560. This is the same extender as v2.1 that is still there, but I have replaced the installation instructions with those for RMIR rather than IR.exe. This needs a modified version of the extender RDF which is included in the zip but is also included in RMIR v3.0.7 that I have now posted in the RMIR Development folder. The changes do not affect the functionality of the extender.
davecs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
I have now posted urc7560-extender_2.2.zip in File Section > Extenders > URC7560. This is the same extender as v2.1 that is still there, but I have replaced the installation instructions with those for RMIR rather than IR.exe. This needs a modified version of the extender RDF which is included in the zip but is also included in RMIR v3.0.7 that I have now posted in the RMIR Development folder. The changes do not affect the functionality of the extender.

Tested and good!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: