JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR v3.0 Major new release!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@davecs:

I hope RMIR v3.0.6 fixes the remaining colour issues. I have given it a pretty thorough testing, and although there are still some colour contrast problems, they are ones that I could not fix without introducing a different problem elsewhere. Do let me know what you think of it now.

I believe I have also fixed the issue you had with some changes to look-and-feel resulting in a display you were unable to re-size. Changes to look-and-feel should now not cause the RMIR frame to be re-sized.
davecs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
@davecs:

I hope RMIR v3.0.6 fixes the remaining colour issues. I have given it a pretty thorough testing, and although there are still some colour contrast problems, they are ones that I could not fix without introducing a different problem elsewhere. Do let me know what you think of it now.

Seems OK to me! Easily changed thanks to the options you added if someone isn't happy. You've gone way and beyond with that one!

mathdon wrote:

I believe I have also fixed the issue you had with some changes to look-and-feel resulting in a display you were unable to re-size. Changes to look-and-feel should now not cause the RMIR frame to be re-sized.

I did notice that, but didn't report it. My feeling was that as soon as someone settled on something they like they won't mess about with the style too much. In Linux, you can select Resize from the task manager on the panel and you don't have to go searching for the bottom right corner, so I didn't realise it was a problem as such.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham, I've just noticed something weird, and it's not new, I just confirmed that it happens in the previous version too.

I was using RMIR3 to look at some learned signals, and I was like "where has the Timing Summary button gone?" so I started looking through all of the various hidden options and I found Options > Advanced > Learned Signal Timing Analysis so I tried that but that didn't bring the button back, so I went back to RMIR2 to see what options I have selected there, and when I selected Show Segment Editor, miraculously the learned button re-appeared, so I experimented a few different ways and it's totally re-producible. If the learned option is selected, when you select the segment option the button will appear, and even if you de-select segments, the button will remain. You can de-select learning and it will also remain. To make it disappear, you need to re-select, or de-select, the segments option.

TL/DR: basically, the Timing Summary will appear or disappear, based on your Learned Signal Timing Analysis selection, whenever you change your Show Segment Editor selection.

I guess the bigger question is, why does this even need to be an advanced option? Curious minds won't know it exists to even go looking for it, so if it were up to me, I'd have that option default to ON.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
TL/DR: basically, the Timing Summary will appear or disappear, based on your Learned Signal Timing Analysis selection, whenever you change your Show Segment Editor selection.

I guess the bigger question is, why does this even need to be an advanced option? Curious minds won't know it exists to even go looking for it, so if it were up to me, I'd have that option default to ON.

I have found why this is happening, but not what is supposed to be happening. The Learned Signal Timing Analysis stuff was written by Vyrolan and as far as possible, I have steered clear of touching it. That includes the default question which was his decision. He created the Options > Advanced submenu and as far as I can recall, the other items in it post-date the Timing Summary and were added by me. It looks as if my additions have messed up the original intended behaviour and I will need to fix it,
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have the ability to change his code to make it ON as the default, while you're making the other changes, that would certainly get my vote.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I have fixed the bug, so that the Timing Summary button appears when the Learned Signal Timing Analysis menu item is selected, and disappears when it is deselected. This seems a logical pairing as they both display timing data, so I think you are asking for this menu item to be selected by default. I suspect that very few users, and possibly only you, ever use the Timing Summary, so is it a big imposition to check the menu item when you install a new RMIR version? I prefer not to clutter the button bar with buttons that hardly any users need, as that is the whole point of having lesser used options activated by menu items. What do you think?

BTW I seem to be getting a number of issues being raised that are highly specialized and affect few users, so I will wait to fix them all before posting another development version, unless anyone prefers otherwise.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm good either way, as I know how to activate the screen, my thinking was just that, making the screen secret means that any curious minds that might be getting deeper into JP1 won't know that it's there. But yes, I agree that the vast majority of folks won't ever look at it.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now replaced RMIR v3.0.6 in the RMIR Development folder with v3.0.7. This build fixes several bugs that occur in particular specialized situations. They are:

1. The Timing Summary button on the Learned Signals panel should be visible when, and only when, the menu item Options > Advanced > Learned Signal Timing Analysis is selected. It did not have this behaviour.

2. If editing the protocol with PID=00 5A (NEC1, NEC2 and others) using RMPB or the Edit Protocol button of the RMIR Devices tab, pressing the Update button without making any editing changes caused pf0 to change from 0xCF to 0xC7. This bug may also have affected other protocols, but that is the only known one.

3. Also when editing any protocol, if a value in the PD Details tab is changed and then a different tab is selected without first pressing Enter, the edit is lost. The intended behaviour is that a pending edit should be automatically committed if the tab is changed.

4. The extender for the URC-7560 (urc7560-extender-v2_1) has a unique installation procedure that is documented only for the now-obsolete IR.exe. I have posted instructions for installing it with RMIR, under the name urc7560-extender_v2.2. This uses a revised RDF for the extender which is included in this RMIR build, but the functionality of the extender is unchanged.

I should be grateful if the users who notified me of those bugs could test that my fixes do resolve their problems.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can confirm that #1 and #3 above are now working as expected.
davecs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The instructions in #4 can be followed without any problems and is what I did under Mathdon's advice, so I reckon that's solved. I did it again just to make sure.
jmezz13

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw this and tested #2 since I think I'm one of the few that has used RMPB. I can confirm that the pf0 value does not change after "Update" is clicked.
davecs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GRAHAM: You may have seen what I did and wrote in the thread about my URC-8910. As a result, I'm requesting a minor change to JP1EEPROMSupport/instructions.txt

The problem is that if you connect the 6 pins the wrong way round, any further attempt to up or download to the remote will fail, even if you try again, by disconnecting the 6 pins and putting them in the right way round. You will need to either disconnect the USB cable to the Arduino at either end, or exit RMIR and restart it. Otherwise RMIR "sees" the same device (the Arduino) and just reports No Remotes Found, it doesn't try again.

When this happened to me, I jumped to the wrong conclusion and bought another 8910 second hand! It's not always obvious which way round it will go, the 8910 has the "JP1" legend next to pin 6. I connected the Pins1+2 end of the connector there, and it tried to connect before giving up and putting up a message which suggested the program may be at fault! When I tried reversing the connector, I just got "No remotes found". So I assumed I had a faulty unit! I discovered the correct way to reconnect by accident, when the 2nd unit gave the same error.

Last edited by davecs on Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:45 am; edited 2 times in total
kerryland

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:11 am    Post subject: Soft Key configuration not working in 3.0.7 Reply with quote

I'm trying to setup soft-keys in 3.0.7 on a Nevo C2 and suspect I've hit a bug.

Hopefully all the associated files are included in here:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26775

Once you load the .rmir file, try the following steps:

Go to the Devices tab and double-click on device 9 with description "Master"
Click on the 'Buttons' tab and scroll down. Notice that it stops weirdly at "Soft1". There is no access to "Soft2" and friends.
Click on the "Layout" tab and see that 6 soft keys have been defined.
Notice that "Alias" is disabled, so I cannot give the soft keys nice labels.
Click the "Macros" radio button, and drag/drop some of the items listed below (Bluray, TV, Roku, etc) over to the 6 soft keys
Switch back to "Buttons" tab and notice that you can now "Soft2" and friends, although "Alias" is still disabled.

When I set these soft keys up earlier I *know* that I was able to define aliases for them.

i hope this helps.
davecs

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds like a minor thing but I do find it irritating:

Is it possible to separate the option to suppress "Confirmation Prompts" so that the one about Invalid Device Codes is considered separately? I'd like to suppress that but not the others!
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@kerryland:
I was away on holiday last week but am now looking into your bug.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: