JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR v3.0 Major new release!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
davecs

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2023 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
davecs wrote:
mathdon wrote:
I can't find a prompt about invalid device codes that is suppressed by the option to suppress "Confirmation Prompts". Messages about invalid device codes are determined by the entry SetupValidation in the RDF. This is normally set to Warn. Try changing that to Off to see if that suppresses the prompts you mean.

I could try that, but will that setting mean that other potentially damaging warnings would not be given?

No, SetupValidation only concerns checking setup codes against those listed in the RDF, which I take it is what you mean. Setting it to Off makes all setup codes be considered as valid. If this is what you want, I could add an option to override the RDF setting for SetupValidation.

Yes, perfect. I don't really need to be told every single time I upload or save that some of the device buttons I have not put anything on, don't have anything on!
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now replaced RMIR v3.0.8 in the RMIR Development folder with v3.0.9.

This build adds a new entry to the Advanced menu. This is "Override Setup Validation". Setup Validation is an entry in the General section of an RDF which can take three values, Off, Warn and Enforce and in most RDFs is set to Warn. This new entry allows a user to override the RDF setting with a value that will apply to all remotes. It offers four choices, Default and the three RDF values. Selecting Default disables the override and so reverts to the RDF setting. This is the default option for this entry.

It also further revises Instructions.txt in the JP1EEPROMSupport folder to clarify that the method of locating pin 1 refers to the aperture in the case, not the markings on the PCB, and adds a link to the Wiki article to clarify the wiring of the Arduino.

@davecs:
I hope this new option achieves what you want. Please check and report back.
stama

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed a couple more issues with the "External Functions" feature of RMDU and added steps to reproduce them here: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=103352
davecs

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:

@davecs:
I hope this new option achieves what you want. Please check and report back.

Yes, great.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now replaced RMIR v3.0.9 in the RMIR Development folder with v3.0.10. This build fixes the bugs reported by stama in the Import function of the External Functions tab in RMDU.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RMIR v3.0.10 is now officially released, unchanged from the development version with this number. This is the first official release since v3.0.3, as builds 4-9 were also for development purposes.

The changes since v3.0.3 are:

1. A new Settings panel for XSight Touch/Color remotes that allows the Language and Region settings to be changed.

2. A new Settings panel for XSight Lite/Plus remotes that allows the Language setting to be changed.

3. A new entry, Set Progress Bar Colors, on the Options menu to customise the colors of progress bars.

4. A new entry, Override Setup Validation, on the Advanced menu which allows a user to override the Setup Validation setting in the RDF (one of Off, Warn, Enable) with a value that will apply to all remotes. Selecting Default, which is the default entry, disables the override and so reverts to the RDF setting.

5. The Instructions in the JP1EEPROMSupport subfolder have been amended concerning connection to the remote, to clarify how to identify pin 1 and how to correct it if the connector is inadvertently connected the wrong way round. There is now also a link to the new Wiki article "Building the Arduino Interface for older remotes".

6. The RDF for the URC-7560 extender, EBX0EBV0 (URC-7560_7562 Extender).rdf, has been revised to support the new instructions for installing the extender with RMIR rather than IR.exe.

This build also fixes a number of obscure bugs that affected particular remotes in specific circumstances.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The folder JP1EEPROMSupport in the RMIR installation package contains details about using an Arduino Nano to interface original JP1 remotes to RMIR. I am very grateful to user ylaviolette for finding that the instructions are incomplete if used in Windows 11, see this and following posts. I have revised the instructions to take account of Windows 11 and added them to the RMIR 3.0.10 files on SourceForge in a JP1EEPROMSupport folder. The revised instructions will be included in the next RMIR release but this is to make them available immediately.
jackching

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a remote here that couldnt handle macros very well on the colored buttons if you include a device button within the macro. It was programmed using an rmir < 3.x. Should version 3.x be able to resolve including device buttons within a macro when programming to a colored button? Im asking because with this remote i have the wires soldered directly to the board and it is just easier to ask before i tackle it.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't say what remote you have, which might help me, but what I can say is that much of the macro support has been substantially rewritten for RMIR v3.0.x so it is worth trying. Also I cannot provide help or debugging unless you are using the latest version, which is currently v3.0.10.
jackching

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
You don't say what remote you have, which might help me, but what I can say is that much of the macro support has been substantially rewritten for RMIR v3.0.x so it is worth trying. Also I cannot provide help or debugging unless you are using the latest version, which is currently v3.0.10.

It's the URC-6250BC1-009-R. I have discretes set to the on demand and app buttons. When i try to set macros on these buttons to include device buttons, the device buttons will not work within the macro. I just tried it using v3.0.10 and its still the same story. If i try to set the macro to the "0" key for example it'll work. So let's say i have the macros "on demand and stb" set to the zero key, it will work fine. But im trying to set the macros "on demand and stb" to the on demand button and stb will seem to be excluded from the macro. It shows green in the macro section on rmir so im assuming it's set right.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I understand you correctly, you are creating on the "On Demand" key a macro containing two keys, "On Demand" and "STB". This is a circular reference, the "On Demand" key being included in a macro on itself. A macro cannot call itself, so I think it will depend on the implementation in the remote how it handles this. This is not an RMIR issue. It does not surprise me that the macro calls the function on the "On Demand" key and then terminates. If the order is not significant, I suggest you put the "STB" key first in the macro, followed by "On Demand". If this does not work then you will have to put the macro on a different key from either of those used in the macro.
jackching

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
If I understand you correctly, you are creating on the "On Demand" key a macro containing two keys, "On Demand" and "STB". This is a circular reference, the "On Demand" key being included in a macro on itself. A macro cannot call itself, so I think it will depend on the implementation in the remote how it handles this. This is not an RMIR issue. It does not surprise me that the macro calls the function on the "On Demand" key and then terminates. If the order is not significant, I suggest you put the "STB" key first in the macro, followed by "On Demand". If this does not work then you will have to put the macro on a different key from either of those used in the macro.

You are understanding what i am trying to do. I did change the sequence of "STB and "On demand" and am still having the same issue. When i press the "On Demand" button, it just operates as though there is no macro programmed to that key. It will not call the device button (STB). I had an older remote that this used to work on but maybe this one does not support that sort of thing. Could it be its because the apps and on demand buttons are set to punch through?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you press a key, there is a whole host of things that the remote checks before it actually performs the function assigned to that key. These include macros, keymoves, learning, punchthroughs, duration of keypress, repeat mode, special key type and others that I cannot think of at the moment. I do not know the order, or whether it varies between remotes. So it could be that the behaviour you are getting is because the apps and on demand buttons are set to punch through. The only way to find out is to try it. It is not surprising if you have found that different remotes behave in different ways in such circumstances as yours.
jackching

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
When you press a key, there is a whole host of things that the remote checks before it actually performs the function assigned to that key. These include macros, keymoves, learning, punchthroughs, duration of keypress, repeat mode, special key type and others that I cannot think of at the moment. I do not know the order, or whether it varies between remotes. So it could be that the behaviour you are getting is because the apps and on demand buttons are set to punch through. The only way to find out is to try it. It is not surprising if you have found that different remotes behave in different ways in such circumstances as yours.

Ok so what i did was add the discretes to a different device button (DVD) and used buttons 7, 8, and 9. I deleted what i had on the "On demand" and "Apps" buttons. I then created a macro on both the "On demand" and "Apps" buttons using the discretes i just created on the device "DVD". So the marco on the "On Demand" button is DVD, 7, STB. It works perfect now. One thing i forgot in the process was that i couldnt have two upgrades on one device button. I had some conflicts there and just had to re-do some of the work. Anyhow i got the remote just how i want it and it's working perfect. Thank you for your help.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for letting me know that you have sorted it and now have everything working the way you want.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: