JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Looking for suggestions for a beginner
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GTTech

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've recently found I can do basically everything I want perfectly with the simple and cheap URC1210 remotes that I can get wholesale for very little money, one button press can have a macro that switches the remote to a hidden device, fires off the input switching commands then sets the remote to the device for that source, very sleek now that the automation and video switching system is fully up and running. so I have one of those for each room now configured with the 2 most commonly used sources for each room on the TV/APP buttons and their shifted functions have 2 more less common sources. then there are more hidden on other shifted buttons for other sources.

I still use the 3661 in the main theater room, because its button membrane is much, much nicer and there is some extra gear in there needing direct control, but I still have issues getting its activity buttons to do the right things so I use the app buttons on that one to perform that rooms more complex macros due to a mix of local sources and remote sources via the video matrix, apparently there are some changes and updates coming in the next RMIR that might help with that.

A perfect remote for me now I guess would be as simple as the 1210, but with a snappier button membrane or tactile switches.

Next step for me now is getting my HomeAssistant controller to listen for some custom IR commands so the remotes can control even more like if the room is too warm, shift+blue will tell the AC to kick on, or shift+red to heat up in winter, shift yellow for the main lights and shift blue for colour accent lights or a fan or whatever else.
davecs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you seen this (or the original posts) which will enable macros on Activity Keys on the 3661?

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=102998&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=28
GTTech

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got that method bookmarked to try this weekend, but I'm happy with the dumb simplicity of the 1210 solution for the rest of the house, even if the keys on those feel like absolute butt.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: