JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Remote URC-3660
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:30 am    Post subject: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

ok i wont do any more uploads with 2412 remote is fine though
and at this price i bought 2 more yesterday so if one dies that's ok
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bug fixed in RMIR 2.14.3. As you noticed, the bug was that the timed macro was interpreted correctly but 74 and 75 got converted to 71 and 72, which is why with an upload the timed macro would not work. Now it should do so.

If you did an upload after creating the DSM with RMIR then yes, the timed macro on App1 would fail as it would have 71 and 72 in place of 74 and 75, but with v2.14.3 it should work.

Whether you can have both a normal macro and a timed macro on the coloured buttons is a matter for you to experiment with. I will be very interested to hear the result, but there is nothing I can do in RMIR to affect it. As far as I know, RMIR will support both entries being present but whether they both work is another matter.

BTW the remote will be perfectly fine after an upload with v2.14.2, it is just that the uploaded timed macro will not work. Do not fear that you have broken the remote. Perhaps I went overboard with my warning, I was in a bit of a panic after I realised that I had posted it with a bug Embarassed .
andyross

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at Walmart and bought one. Did some basic setup (not JP1), but realized a major issue: no page up/dn buttons! Would make it a bit of a pain with my X1 cable box for scrolling and the 30 sec/5 min skip. Could probably remap some other keys I guess.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On most my cable boxes channel up/down is page up/down in the guide.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:02 pm    Post subject: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

Prelim test confused me
controlled macro and controlled dsm not working
confusing part is it seems controlled macros may only work on the apps keys
but in both controlled macro and controlled dsm special functions the app keys are not in the drop down list to pick from.
Punched in remote a controlled macro on an app key and app key show up in download but greyed out as uneditable

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26513
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it looks as if controlled macros and DSMs are not supported. They would never be supported on the App keys, as these are used for Timed Macros. The two are similar but different. Both use the type 3 segment but in different ways so no key can support both. This is why controlled macros show up as not available on the App keys.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:23 pm    Post subject: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

controlled dsm may not work but you got dsm to work
and i could not do that manually punching it into the remote
It Definitely needs more testing for my mind to sort it all out
but that is for another time its all i can do for today
dkraines

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I bought one too.

I connected to my Arduino the same way I did my URC-8910, and I am getting "No RDF matches signature starting null". When I reconnect my 8910, it works, I've gone back and forth between the 8910 and the onn one a few times, checking the wiring, I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, I do get serial connectivity blinking on the Arduino. Using RMIR 2.14.3

I guess I should ask, is this remote compatible with the Arduino?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkraines wrote:
OK, I bought one too.

I connected to my Arduino the same way I did my URC-8910, and I am getting "No RDF matches signature starting null". When I reconnect my 8910, it works, I've gone back and forth between the 8910 and the onn one a few times, checking the wiring, I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, I do get serial connectivity blinking on the Arduino. Using RMIR 2.14.3

Sounds like you didn't copy the RDF into the RDF folder and map/image in the Images. The development RDF is a separate download a few posts back.
dkraines

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
dkraines wrote:
OK, I bought one too.

Sounds like you didn't copy the RDF into the RDF folder and map/image in the Images. The development RDF is a separate download a few posts back.

Thanks, yes, I did try to copy it, but it (rdf, image..etc) was already present in the dev release. Anyways, the remote signature is null, so I suspect it's a communication issue, I thought I'd validate here. I realize I'm probably in the fringe here using an Arduino and a remote that just hit the shelves, but I thought I'd ask.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkraines wrote:
mdavej wrote:
dkraines wrote:
OK, I bought one too.

Thanks, yes, I did try to copy it, but it (rdf, image..etc) was already present in the dev release. Anyways, the remote signature is null, so I suspect it's a communication issue, I thought I'd validate here. I realize I'm probably in the fringe here using an Arduino and a remote that just hit the shelves, but I thought I'd ask.
Since you're using the Arduino for your 8910, that tells me it's set up as a JP1 EEPROM interface, not a JP1.3 interface like the 3660 needs. I don't enough about the Arduino to advise you what to change to make it work with JP1.3. Maybe someone else will chime in.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkraines wrote:

mdavej wrote:
I don't enough about the Arduino to advise you what to change to make it work with JP1.3. Maybe someone else will chime in.

The Arduino is only capable of acting as an interface to JP1 remotes. There is no way that it can be modified to support later remotes such as the URC-3660 which is JP1.4 . This is because there is no access on the Arduino to either the RTS or DTR signals from its built-in USB-to-Serial converter. You will need to obtain a separate converter cable. Any sort will do provided it has TTL-level outputs and makes available either RTS or DTR. We normally recommend one with an FTDI chip as the most reliable, but that is not essential.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:00 am    Post subject: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

Ok so im a bit confused
What is the difference between timed macro and controlled macro
Even though i can not pick app's 1,2, or 3 in the controlled macro section
I can however make a macro on the remote itself then in RMIR
the app1 button is grayed out but i can add and subtract the macro keys i punched in
there by changing my timing or buttons used in the macro.
I uploaded my changes to remote and that did work.
So could this be a possible work around?
Could a place holder for App's 1,2,3 be set in RMIR ?
Or am I just way off base on this idea ?

Edit : Ill upload macro made from remote and macro after i edit it in RMIR later today
dkraines

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
You will need to obtain a separate converter cable. Any sort will do provided it has TTL-level outputs and makes available either RTS or DTR. We normally recommend one with an FTDI chip as the most reliable, but that is not essential.

OK, thanks, I'll play with my FT232RL breakout board once I can find it and see if I can get it to work. I'll start with this:
DTR (JP1 Pin 2)
RX (JP1 Pin 6)
TX (JP1 Pin 4)
Vcc
CTS
GND (JP1 Pin 3)

Edit: OK, dug out the board, and it worked. It did not autodetect (no remotes found), but when I selected the JP1 to USB interface in RMIR on the FT232RL com port, the remote downloaded. Thanks! For those interested in a breadboard friendly cable alternative, my board looks like ths: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32898621474.html, all you need is 4 female/female DuPont jumper wires, map as above, hook up with a usb cable, and you should be good to go (Windows 11 autodetected and set up the com port).
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:03 am    Post subject: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

Test of controlled macros on apps buttons.
These were made on the remote first then edited in RMIR
They work before and after edit
So trying to figure out timed macro vs controlled macro

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26515
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 3 of 18

Jump to: