JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Remote URC-3660
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davecs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Rob. It's Panasonic Combo, Main Device 176, OEM Dev1 2, OEM Dev2 32. PLAY is Subdevice 0, OBC 10. I checked the spreadsheet, and all transport controls had the same number there as in my rmdu. Does 160 sub 10 send a different signal to 176 sub 0?

I think the bigger issue is that work still needs to be done on the RDF (as supplied with RMIR 2.14.18). The fact that the Timed Macro as recorded on the remote itself, doesn't appear in RMIR when downloaded, although you get an extra segment right at the end, and one built in RMIR is ignored by the remote.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:09 am    Post subject: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

I just made a timed macro on app1 of my remote and when downloaded it appears under the macros tab as a Real Time Macro.
I am not sure why it is not showing up for you
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

davecs wrote:
Does 160 sub 10 send a different signal to 176 sub 0?
That's asking, is 176.0 a different number to 160.10. Yes, different signals.

davecs wrote:
I think the bigger issue is that work still needs to be done on the RDF (as supplied with RMIR 2.14.18). The fact that the Timed Macro as recorded on the remote itself, doesn't appear in RMIR when downloaded, although you get an extra segment right at the end, and one built in RMIR is ignored by the remote.

Sure, but there are other folks looking into the RDF questions.
davecs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:

OK. It was noticeable that the OBC's were the same across the board though. I guess they'd have to be different, otherwise it would be impossible to have a Panasonic CD and a Panasonic DVD/Bluray player at the same time.

The Robman wrote:

Sure, but there are other folks looking into the RDF questions.

Yes, and I've been trying to make sense of some of the stuff in this thread. Just trying to contribute whatever findings I get.

I do agree with Hamburger's proposal that there might have to be a "normal" RDF and a "hacked" RDF for this. Being able to use the "Activity" buttons as glorified "Power On" switches via a macro is what makes this remote worthwhile. It's almost as powerful as an extender.

Last edited by davecs on Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:05 am    Post subject: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

It is best just to have just the one RDF
davecs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

HamburgerHelper1 wrote:
I just made a timed macro on app1 of my remote and when downloaded it appears under the macros tab as a Real Time Macro.
I am not sure why it is not showing up for you

OK I can't use the TV at this precise moment, but I took the remote and programmed a timed macro into it anyway. It doesn't have to make sense. I downloaded it into the remote, and it still didn't show in the Macros tab. I decided to upload my original download (factory set) to the remote, and programmed in another timed macro on the remote keyboard. I downloaded that from the remote too, and it still didn't appear on the macro page, merely in the segments.

Perhaps there's another difference between the 3660 and 3661 other than a few key names and the built in devices/protocols.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:10 pm    Post subject: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

I see a difference in the RDF and since the remotes are the same
try adding $02 $03 to the segments type line so that it looks like this
SegmentTypes=$00 $01 $07 $08 $09 $10 $13 $1A $CD $CE $CF
This should solve the problem of Real Time Macro. not showing up
davecs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

HamburgerHelper1 wrote:
I see a difference in the RDF and since the remotes are the same
try adding $02 $03 to the segments type line so that it looks like this
SegmentTypes=$00 $01 $07 $08 $09 $10 $13 $1A $CD $CE $CF
This should solve the problem of Real Time Macro. not showing up

Thank you so much! That worked. What difference will $02 make? Would I be able to create a Real Time Macro on single device?

If I removed $CD $CE $CF would that mean that the Activity Keys would be able to run Macros by default?
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:22 pm    Post subject: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

$02 is the Multi-Macro segment
$03 is the timed macro

and no deleting $CD $CE $CF in the RDF will not make the activities buttons run Macros by default
davecs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:28 pm    Post subject: Re: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

HamburgerHelper1 wrote:
$02 is the Multi-Macro segment
$03 is the timed macro

and no deleting $CD $CE $CF in the RDF will not make the activities buttons run Macros by default

OK, I made a timed macro in Special Functions under a device, and deleted the one on the Macros tab, and uploaded it. And it seems to work, judging by the flashing lights on the unit. I will get control of the TV soon and test it. Thanks for your help.

The previous absence of the $02 probably explains why I couldn't get Multi-macros to work. I'll experiment with them later.

Thanks for your help!!

UPDATE:

I put a single MultiDSM (does that even make sense?) on the BluRay STOP key, which just sends the Eject (Open/Close) signal. It works. Short press, Stop, Long Press Open/Close. It's great to be able to get around some of the restrictions imposed by the remote's interface, this is like having an extender! Thanks again.

Last edited by davecs on Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davecs wrote:
The Robman wrote:

OK. It was noticeable that the OBC's were the same across the board though. I guess they'd have to be different, otherwise it would be impossible to have a Panasonic CD and a Panasonic DVD/Bluray player at the same time.

All Blu-ray players can play Cd's, it doesn't mean they will respond to the separate cd code set from the same brand. Your Panasonic prioritizes dvr over the disk drive, so it wouldn't matter if it were a Blu-ray, DVD, or CD disk in it.
davecs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaskedMan wrote:
All Blu-ray players can play Cd's, it doesn't mean they will respond to the separate cd code set from the same brand. Your Panasonic prioritizes dvr over the disk drive, so it wouldn't matter if it were a Blu-ray, DVD, or CD disk in it.

I think you're right, but I will test it to make sure.

TEST: No it doesn't work.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davecs wrote:
MaskedMan wrote:

I think you're right, but I will test it to make sure.

TEST: No it doesn't work.

I was going to suggest the DVD code next, but 176.0 obc 10 *is* the DVD code for PLAY, so you're out of luck.
davecs

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:

I was going to suggest the DVD code next, but 176.0 obc 10 *is* the DVD code for PLAY, so you're out of luck.

I wouldn't worry. There was an omission from the RDF for the 3661, now Hamburger showed me how to fix it, I can make everything work.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davecs wrote:
I wouldn't worry. There was an omission from the RDF for the 3661, now Hamburger showed me how to fix it, I can make everything work.

RMIR v2.15.0 is getting close, so if you are aware of any omissions such as this, please post it here.

You seem to be a very active group of users in this thread. I am in two minds as to whether to post RMIR v2.15.0 initially in the RMIR Development folder or to go straight to a full release, so everyone can respond if they find bugs. If you, collectively, are willing to give it a good test on the 3660/3661, which is one of the more complicated remotes we support, then I will go the Development route. Be aware that there may well be bugs, as v2.15.0 is a really major overhaul that affects all remotes to some extent, but the 3660/3661 and the XSights in particular.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 16 of 18

Jump to: