JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Empty spots not respected on soft key pages

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kkl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:38 pm    Post subject: Empty spots not respected on soft key pages Reply with quote

I've noticed on my XSight Touch that empty spaces are not respected on soft key pages. Each page has room for six entries. However, if I assign functions to Soft1 and Soft2, then Soft7, all of those functions will appear on the same page. Blank spaces aren't left for Soft3-6, so Soft7 appears on the first page. Is there a recommended method to work around this?

I apologize if this has been asked and answered, but I didn't come up with anything trying to search for it.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this is a known issue. It's just how Xsight works. There is no workaround other than putting bogus functions where you want blanks. I've never tried using just a space, which would look blank. But you could make a function with a code you know doesn't do anything and give it a name like space (if that works) or underscore or something like that and assign it to all buttons you want to be blank.

I've never tried the above, so let us know how it works out.
kkl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much for the answer mdavej. If I find a good work around, I'll post back.
110220Volts

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can try an empty space acsii code (hold the "ALT" key and type 255 on the number pad). that is a blank character but is counted as something
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: