JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What am I missing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeffcoil2004

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:24 pm    Post subject: What am I missing Reply with quote

Hello this is my first post and trying to get some advanced codes into my 8811 so I can learn to my MX500.

I have downloaded and been playing around with IR and keymaster but can not get it to control my Denon 3803. Here is what I have done and some questions I have

I downloaded the correct upgrade file that I found in the files section loaded into Key master and copied to IR and uploaded to the remote. I guess ny question is with the structure of Keymaster. After the file was uploaded I can see all the denon EFC's on the function tab. Now it is my understanding that these functions are not buttons but how do I map these functions to remote buttons?

What I am trying to do is get the Denon video select and dimmer to work on my MX 500. I have tried the 994 moves in the OFA but this doesn't work ether .

The basic question is what are the relationships in Keymaster as far as functions (EFC's) to buttons?

Thanks for any help
Jeff
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: What am I missing Reply with quote

jeffcoil2004 wrote:
I downloaded the correct upgrade file that I found in the files section loaded into Key master and copied to IR and uploaded to the remote. I guess ny question is with the structure of Keymaster. After the file was uploaded I can see all the denon EFC's on the function tab. Now it is my understanding that these functions are not buttons but how do I map these functions to remote buttons?

You're right... functions are NOT buttons. The Functions sheet is where you enter the EFC's for the various functions. Then, on the Buttons sheet, you actually assign those function to the desired buttons. Of course, you need to make sure you have the proper Remote, and optionally the Device Type (controls which buttons are part of the default key map - see the Layout sheet), selected on the Setup sheet. Then, the resulting Device Upgrade Code (and Protocol Code if present) can be copied over to IR.
jeffcoil2004

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, this works as I thought it should once I selected the correct remote in KeyMaster! DUH.......this stupid mistake cost me hours of banging my head, all is good now
Ah what fun
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: