JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

DirecTV HR22 (the newest one) with RC64R and 8910 + 9910

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
M$Guy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:38 am    Post subject: DirecTV HR22 (the newest one) with RC64R and 8910 + 9910 Reply with quote

I tried the HR20 RC64R device upgrade, and both my 8910 and 9910 remotes tell me "NOT FOUND" when I attempt to change the code to 1377 after loading the device upgrade. So, I did a full IR learn.

Here are the device files with each key mapped as close as possible. Four keys don't have labels, but colors, which are noted below.

Part 1 (removed link since the problem has been determined)
Part 2 (removed link since the problem has been determined)

Non-standard mappings are as follows:

L1 = Red Button
L2 = Green Button
L3 = Yellow Button
L4 = Blue Button
Move = Active
Swap = List
F.Fwd = 30 second skip forward
F.Rew = Skip back (about 15 seconds)
PIP = Format

On the RC64R, a label in the battery tray reads as follows:
RC1984720/00RF B
3139 228 52281
MADE IN CHINA
CP02 50824 H 002278

On the RC64R, a label on the rear reads as follows:
FCC ID: RCSRC1984720
(and the FCC part 15 rules)

The front looks like any other RC64R

Can someone please post a device upgrade that works for the 8910/9910 using the above info, or point me at an existing one that works? By the way, you can ignore the 1060 device upgrade. It is my Samsung LNS-4695D.

Last edited by M$Guy on Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: DirecTV HR22 (the newest one) with RC64R and 8910 + 9910 Reply with quote

M$Guy wrote:
I tried the HR20 RC64R device upgrade, and both my 8910 and 9910 remotes tell me "NOT FOUND" when I attempt to change the code to 1377 after loading the device upgrade. So, I did a full IR learn.
You obviously have a cable, so why do you not just set the code in IR before you upload to your remote?

In any event, "Not Found" isn't indicative of a problem with the upgrade itself, it is indicative that you have set something in IR incorrectly, or forgot to upload an accompanying Protocol Upgrade.

MORE useful than your learns would be a look at the upgrade you built and the IR file that you are uploading after which you get the "Not Found" message.

EDIT: In fact, looking at your learns, that upgrade would definitely require a Protocol Upgrade for your 8910 and I would wager that you have forgotten to upload the Protocol Upgrade in addition to the Device Upgrade.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THIS upgrade works fine on my 8910. You'll need to move some of the functions since I've got Format on TV/Vid and List on M1. Like the Capn said, you probably didn't paste in the protocol and set the code on the general tab in IR.
M$Guy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You obviously have a cable, so why do you not just set the code in IR before you upload to your remote?

In any event, "Not Found" isn't indicative of a problem with the upgrade itself, it is indicative that you have set something in IR incorrectly, or forgot to upload an accompanying Protocol Upgrade.

MORE useful than your learns would be a look at the upgrade you built and the IR file that you are uploading after which you get the "Not Found" message.

EDIT: In fact, looking at your learns, that upgrade would definitely require a Protocol Upgrade for your 8910 and I would wager that you have forgotten to upload the Protocol Upgrade in addition to the Device Upgrade.

Ay, crap... I touch this thing so infrequently that I *did* forget to insert the protocol upgrade. The HR20 file I have, however, has the keys mapped all over the place. I will try the one listed above.
M$Guy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
THIS upgrade works fine on my 8910. You'll need to move some of the functions since I've got Format on TV/Vid and List on M1. Like the Capn said, you probably didn't paste in the protocol and set the code on the general tab in IR.

Yes, this one maps correctly. I will play around with the key moves to my liking.

Thanks to both of you for getting me on track. I will delete my IR files now.
M$Guy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have everything mapped where I want, but it seems that the 30 second skip does not want to work. I even checked the code against my IR learn, and it is the same.

Edit: I notice that the IR learn has the command listed twice. Until someone can answer what I need to do to map it that way, I'll just use the learned code. It works like I want, so I am happy with it.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 30 second skip is "30s slip" in my upgrade, EFC 211. Works fine for me. Go ahead and delete any unused learns and re-upload if you want to give it a shot. You can always test it by just pressing the Setup key followed by the EFC, in SAT mode of course.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: