JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

AMX IR Codes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ajkitte

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: AMX IR Codes Reply with quote

I am attempting to decode and program the standard set of AMX IR codes into JP1, and am running into issues. Here is where I'm at:
Because of some weird repeats, i had to capture the codes in a special mode on a learner. I decoded that as ProntoHex, and ended up with:
AMXPush1 : 0000 006d 0000 0008 004c 0013 0086 0013 0086 0013 0086 0013 0086 0013 0086 0013 0086 0013 054e

Using IRTool, that gave me:
Device - Kenwood / Yamaha
0 - 004c 004c
1 - 0013 0086
Carrier - 006D
Repeat - YES
Device - 0
Command - 0
Lead In - 004c 004c
Lead Out - 0013 0086

For code 2, exactly the same except:
Lead In - 0013 0086
Lead Out - 004c 004c

Code 3:
Lead In - 004c 004c
Lead Out - 004c 004c

Code 4:
0- 004d 004d
Lead In - 0013 0086
Lead Out - 0013 0086

What I'm missing is how does this help me? I look at RM and under protocol, I don't have Kenwood or Yamaha. Do I need to build my own protocol? Thanks for any help
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you post the complete files of what you have, we can't build anything from just one sample. If you have a CCF file, post that. If you just have Pronto hex, post that. If you have an IR.exe file, post that.
ajkitte

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the full CCF file, but decodeCCF didn't seem to give me much help either. It will take me a bit longer to flesh out all the rest of the functions from this device in hex code, but I will get working on that as well. Thanks
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When DecodeIR doesn't recognize the protocol, it's best to switch over to CCF2EFC to make sure that you get the whole hex string.

Here's a file with just the pronto hex:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5776

Let me look at it for a bit to see what I make of it.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, here's the scoop

freq= 38.7 kHz
1 = 004D 004D
0 = 0013 0087
leadout = 04D9

there is just 1 byte of data and it's in LSB format (ie, you have to read the binary backwards). (Note: The OFF time for the last bit gets combined with the LEADOUT time in the Pronto hex).

There are 255 functions in the CCF and the OBC for each of them is the same as the function itself (ie, button 25 has an OBC of 25, etc).

I have created an upgrade that contains the first 125 of these functions, but you'll need to assign the functions to buttons.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5777
ajkitte

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for your assistance. I've got the remote programmed, still working on the second part of my setup here. I am trying to drive these codes from the RF portion of the 9910 directly into an NI-700, and using that to control everything else (ip tivo, rs232 B&K, ir Cable) from multiple rooms in the house. Thanks again....
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing that the AMX doesn't really have 255 buttons simply labeled with numbers, so could you shed some light on what the buttons really do so we can make an upgrade with better labels.
ajkitte

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, it does have 255 discrete channels with no more description than the numbers. AMX (much like Crestron) is a control system manufacturer. Most of the input capability in the system is from hi-end touch panels, most of which are IP based at this point, but some of the equipment has an optional IR input. You get a Push on the rising edge of the IR pulse, a Release on the falling edge, and a settable timed Hold event for while it is receiving the push. On top of that, you can pull time, date, day of week, for event based control, and for the truly geeky person, the web interface to control the system from the internet. From that I have IR emitters for various devices for whole house control. I also have relay closures available for power logic/shade control, 232 ports for discrete control of my receiver (and TV whenever I get a new one), and oddly enough, IP control of my TIVO. I will readily admit the control end of this system is a bit of overkill right now, but ebay is great for people who like to play.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So bottom line, each person's upgrade is going to be different because you'll each use a subset of those 255 buttons for different purposes, right?
ajkitte

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. In my instance, I'm making groups of IR functions for specific devices above 128 due to the nature of some of the IR receivers from AMX. I'll post my file after I finish it (and finish figuring out push and hold for alternative logic from mode select buttons using the extender). I think the main room will have logic below the 128 threshold, but the whole house control will all be above.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: