JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Humax HDR 1000s descreet codes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jts321835

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:56 am    Post subject: Humax HDR 1000s descreet codes Reply with quote

Does anyone know of a discrete code or reliable way of turning the device on without the power on/off toggle button, I have heard of using 0000 but this has proven unreliable.
tranx

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't have that Humax box to be able to try it but see post #11 at http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1832907
jts321835

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I had seen that, was just hoping contrary to that someone at hifi remote had found a solution.

Might get a new sat box, any suggestions?
tranx

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reckon it's hard to improve on the Humax PVRs. With ours we can see if they are on or off and, using universal remotes, press a button for toggle power when needed - Tv Input is handled separately to save looking at a blank screen while PVR warms up. Home theatre is operated with Nvidia Shield Tv through an On macro which operates two Lime mains power switches as well as Power Toggles, with long delays and inputs, and an Off macro on the same button-shifted, to go back to TV.

Otherwise you need a JP1 extender with 'toad tog' (suggest URC6440 or OARUSB04G), or Harmony with Activities which need to be kept in synch (suggest H650). I suppose you could emulate that effect if you have different DSMs on the same buttons in each 'activity' (in effect to set up other mixed 'devices') which also switch inputs to and from the Humax etc.
jts321835

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I'll explore the options. I do like the box but the hdd is becoming audible reckon it's on its way out, the display rarely comes on, so kind of considering an upgrade anyway. I remember when I bought it a few years back it was highly rated, guess there isn't a huge amount of choice and hummy are the best of them.

My TV is a Sony KDL something 2015 android which has Netflix and prime built in, so did away with the MCE .

I also have a blue ray player, an Xbox and a BT YV box for my sport, I have discrete codes for all the hdmi Inputs already programmed as well as on, off discretes.

Really appreciate your suggestions, will look into them
jts321835

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance of an explanation of toad tog or pointing me in a direction of one, I have tried to research but unable to find any digestible info.
tranx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For toad tog please see paragraph 12.6 on page 26 of the manual which is included in the dowload package for mathdon's URC 6440 Extender ( thread http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16260 )
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also read the wiki page
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=ToadTog
jts321835

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the replies, just for clarification if I understand correctly with a device that has no discretes you can use toad tog to achieve this in essence the remote knows if it last turned the device on or off in so behaves accordingly, obviously doing anything outside of the remote will break the sync, am I understanding this correctly?
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that is correct.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: