JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I am very new
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
whompus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rmdu files are for remote master. I refer you again to the guide I linked you to at the top of this thread. At least read this part of it http://www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/help/rm.shtml#5 How Do I Load An Upgrade. Most of the guys here are not going to have enough time to answer basic questions that the guides they have already made answer.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nikeman wrote:
I downloaded those files and they opened with Remote Master but I do not know what to do from there.. How do i put them in IR?

Read this...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/help/rm.shtml
nikeman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, i prob didnt look hard enough on that website you sent me and all I saw were instructions for KM. thanks again!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The procedure is pretty much the same for both KM and RM, but there's a link at the top of both pages to the version that uses the other tool as the example.
nikeman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have gotten the remote to work for everything but there are a few annoying things that i would like to fix.. Heres the list lol

I have to hit each top button (DVD, TV, Home Theater etc..) befor i can turn them on or off or use them.

EX: I have to push DVD to prttey much do everything, but then Home Theater to turn the channel. Then when i want to turn it all off i have to push Cable Box to turn that off, TV to turn that off, and DVD to turn that off.. I would like it all to turn on and off at the same time and then make it so i dont have to touch the top buttons at all. Maybe make it so that the buttons automatically switch modes when i push certain ones such as channel? Does that make any sence?? Also when I go from Home Theater to DVD to turn up the volume or something it changes the box to DVD mode so I have to hit TV/Vid to put it back on TV mode ETC...

These are all probably easy to fix but i just dont understand it all yet..

EDIT: I would also like to thank all of you for all of your help so far and being patient with me!! Very Happy
nikeman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i looked at the remote closer while i was pushing the volume button..

When i have it on Home Theater and I push the channel buttons i see that it switches over to CBL on its own and when i push the volume button it switches to TV on its own. Instead of going to TV for volume i need it to go to DVD...

ANd i am clueless on making it turn on and off all 3 at the same time...
nikeman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NM, I got RM working but I still dont know how to make it all do what i asked above..
nikeman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, i feel like i am talking to myself but i did figue out how to make the volume button change the remote to DVD on its own so all i really want to do now is make the power button turn off all 3 devices at the same time..
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nikeman wrote:
ok, i feel like i am talking to myself but i did figue out how to make the volume button change the remote to DVD on its own so all i really want to do now is make the power button turn off all 3 devices at the same time..
Just because you don't get an answer within the first several hours of posting a question, don't get upset. Eventually you'll get help - and if you don't, just "bump" the thread.

What you want is to assign macros to the Device buttons and to the Power button. In IR, this is simple to do - you just go to the Macros tab and build for each of those buttons the desired sequence of button presses.

For Power to turn everything OFF, for example, you select POWER and then assign a sequence like (assuming your discrete OFF functions are all on M2):
CBL;M2;TV;M2;DVD;M2

I am not sure, however, about how macros work on the device buttons (I have this remote, but I use the extender.) You can, however, assign macros to the Device buttons even without the extender but I have never done this. In the above sequence, I believe the CBL, TV and DVD commands will call on any MACRO you create on the device buttons rather than simply select that device, so you may need to try
shift-CBL, shift-TV and shift-DVD, respectively in place of CBL, TV, and DVD. (this takes advantage of a phenomenon called "shift-cloaking") in which a call from a macro or other button sequence to a shifted button which has nothing assigned will execute the underlying associated "natural" function for the current device mode, ignoring any macro that may be "on top" of it.

Also, you can build Macros on you device buttons the same way (assuming M1 is your discrete ON for each device) by simply creating a shift-"device"; M1 macro on each device button.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
nikeman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:
nikeman wrote:
Just because you don't get an answer within the first several hours of posting a question, don't get upset. Eventually you'll get help - and if you don't, just "bump" the thread.

What you want is to assign macros to the Device buttons and to the Power button. In IR, this is simple to do - you just go to the Macros tab and build for each of those buttons the desired sequence of button presses.

For Power to turn everything OFF, for example, you select POWER and then assign a sequence like (assuming your discrete OFF functions are all on M2):
CBL;M2;TV;M2;DVD;M2

I am not sure, however, about how macros work on the device buttons (I have this remote, but I use the extender.) You can, however, assign macros to the Device buttons even without the extender but I have never done this. In the above sequence, I believe the CBL, TV and DVD commands will call on any MACRO you create on the device buttons rather than simply select that device, so you may need to try
shift-CBL, shift-TV and shift-DVD, respectively in place of CBL, TV, and DVD. (this takes advantage of a phenomenon called "shift-cloaking") in which a call from a macro or other button sequence to a shifted button which has nothing assigned will execute the underlying associated "natural" function for the current device mode, ignoring any macro that may be "on top" of it.

Also, you can build Macros on you device buttons the same way (assuming M1 is your discrete ON for each device) by simply creating a shift-"device"; M1 macro on each device button.

I wasnt getting upset, i just felt like i was posting a lot in a short amount of time.. But when I go to the macros tab it is blank. I am not at that computer right now so I cant go on it and look again tonight. The whole SHIFT and M1 part of your reply is confusing me. What do you mean by shift and M1? Does the remote itself have a shift button?
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. I guess I'm talking over your head.

Are we talking about an 8910?

If so, it has three buttons labelled M1, M2, and M3, does it not?

It also does NOT have buttons labelled Power ON or Power OFF, correct?

So, since you were talking about "Power ON" sequences and "Power OFF" sequences, I presumed (perhaps incorrectly) that you have Discrete Power functions, and were not using the Power Toggle functions that are usually mapped directly to the Power button.

Since there is no "natural" place to assign discrete power functions, I just arbitrarily presumed (for discussion and illustration) that Discrete ON is assigned to M1 and Discrete OFF is assigned to M2. If you are using upgrades for all of your devices, then it's trivial to assign these functions to those buttons as keymoves. You can also assign them to any other buttons you choose.

If, on the other hand, you are NOT using Discrete Power commands, but only using the Power Toggle commands, it's hard to build an ALL OFF macro, since sending three Power signals at once may turn some devices ON and others OFF, so you can get a condition where you're out-of-synch.

If you look closely through IR (Keymove and Macro tabs click ADD and examine the pop-up windows) and RM and KM, you will see that functions, keymoves, and macros can be assigned not only to buttons on the remote, but also to "shifted" buttons - which you access by pressing "set" followed by the button in question (except in the case of 0-9, in which case you must push "set" TWICE to access a shifted function).

I was describing a case where you can have a MACRO assigned to a button, such that a function "naturally" assigned (in a device setup code or upgrade) is not normally accessible, since the remote will execute the macro that is overriding the natural function assigned. A way to access the UNDERLYING "natural" function is to press (or call on) the "shifted" version of that button (so long as NO other keymove or macro is assigned to that shifted button.)

The Macros tab WILL be blank until you create some macros.

If you are currently NOT using any discrete Power codes, then your simplest (until you understand all of the capabilities of discrete functions) solution would to be create a single macro on the Power button as follows (I am presuming three devices, but use whatever applies to you):
CBL;
shift-Power;
DVD;
shift-Power;
TV;
shift-Power

A single press of the Power button will then either turn ON or OFF all of you devices. (They can still get out-of-synch, occassionally, so use of Discretes is usually preferred).The reason I use "shift-Power" in each of those cases is to avoid an endless looop where the Power button MACRO keeps calling itself.

You will still have to individually select each active device with the device buttons.

DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Amazon Firestick
nikeman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, i think that I actually understood that and I will let you know asap when I try it.. Wont be until sunday though.. Thanks for breaking it down for a true newbie.. And yes, it does have the M1-3 buttons and a set button. Also, i used an upgrade that was already made by someone else with a similar setup so maybe that person set the M1-3 buttons already to turn everything off?? i will have to look at it when i go back over there.
Thanks again!
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nikeman wrote:
Also, i used an upgrade that was already made by someone else with a similar setup so maybe that person set the M1-3 buttons already to turn everything off??!
I would wager that THAT is unlikely (but certainly possible). I was just using real buttons as an example that would be easier to understand. Most peoplpe use phantom or shifted buttons for Discretes, I would bet.

Amazon Firestick
nikeman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, i am at the computer with the remote plugged in ready to get this power thing working. I have decided that i will use the M1-M3 buttons to turn the devices on and off but, forgive me, i am still confused on how to do it. I have IR open right now and i added the M1-M3 buttons but i do not think i was supposed to. I set all 3 of them to power but i do not know how to set each one seperate. How do i make M1=TV power M2=DVD Power etc..
nikeman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know you guys are probably sick of me and all my newbie questions but once i get this power thing working like I want it to then I will stop asking questions and leave you guys alone Wink

This remote was a chirstmas present from me to my dad and he told me that it was one of the best presents he ever got from me (knowing that I know how annoying it was for him to have to use 3 remotes to control all his hometheater system) so that made me just really want to get it working as conviently as possible for him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: