JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Akai PDP4225M Plasma TV
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loihuynh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:48 pm    Post subject: Akai PDP4225M Plasma TV Reply with quote

Hello Everyone.

I just buy the Akai PDP4225M Plasma from Micro Center. Opened the box yesterday and found only the TV. NO Manual or Remote. Suprise eh? Surprised
I plan to exchange but it's too big to put back in the box and do all the load etc.. I am trying to contact the store for help but no luck yet.

I entered the Akai TV code for my Coolsat 5000 Universal remote but it's won't work.

If anyone could help me with idea or the code for the One For All URC8910 or any model that work with this TV would be great and very much apperciate.

loihuynh
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or to put it another way...

1. Device: Akai PDP4225M
2. Type of device: plasma TV
3. Year: 2006
4. JP1 Remote model: URC-8910
5. JP1 user? Didn't say, I'm guessing not.
6. Still have original remote? No.
7. Checked the file section? Didn't say, I'm guessing no.
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Didn't say, I'm guessing no.
9. Partially working setup code? No.
10. Learning remote question? n/a

It looks like TV/0824 is the right code for you, but unfortunately, this code isn't in the URC-8910. If you're not a JP1 user, you could call OFA and ask them to load this code into your remote over the phone.
whompus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also for the coolsat I would think it is 1011 but is not in the 8910 either I don't think. It is in the 6131n and is the code for coolsat 4000. If you are jp1 user then I would think the coolsat upgrade in sat area is for the 5000 as well. I would also try the Akai PDP upgrade in the tv section to see if it works your model also.
loihuynh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: Akai PDP4225M Plasma TV Reply with quote

Hello Robman and whompus.

Thank you for your fast reply and helpful information. I am not a JP1 user but will learn more when the URC-8910 arrived. JP1 is the hole new world to me right now and notthing make sence to me when I read some forum Sad because I haven't read enough.

Right now I have the CoolSat Pro 4K/5K and Phillip pmdvr8 remote and really need the code to make it work with this Akai PDP4225M Plasma. I followed their manual but none of them work. Do you have have any idea to make 2 of these work before the URC-8910 arrived?

Thank you very much.
loihuynh
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Akai PDP4225M Plasma TV Reply with quote

loihuynh wrote:
Right now I have the CoolSat Pro 4K/5K and Phillip pmdvr8 remote and really need the code to make it work with this Akai PDP4225M Plasma. I followed their manual but none of them work. Do you have have any idea to make 2 of these work before the URC-8910 arrived?

Neither of those are UEI remotes, so the people here aren't going to be too familiar with them. The PMDVR8 is a learning remote, but as you don't have the original Akai remote, that doesn't help you much.

I have several Akai TV upgrade files that I still need to load into the file section, and one of them is for your model, so when you get the URC-8910 and JP1 cable, you'll be able to make the URC-8910 control the set, and you can then use the URC-8910 to teach the PMDVR8 if you like.

Even without a JP1 cable, you can still use the JP1 tools to create a WAV file that you can load into the URC-8910 via it's modem.

Last edited by The Robman on Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
loihuynh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: Akai PDP4225M Plasma TV for URC-8910 Reply with quote

Hello Everyone Again.

The URC-8910 arrived last week and the JP1 cable just arrived today. I don't know what to do with these things to make it work with the Akai PDP4225M Plasma TV .

Someone please help me step by step to make this remote work with this TV? I have downloaded keymap-master-v8.3 and IR.EXE.

Very much appreciated
Loihuynh
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just uploaded a KM file for this set here...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2935

I have formatted the upgrade for you here...
Upgrade Code 0 = 03 38 (TV/0824) Akai PDP4225M (KM v8.36)
5A 00 FE FA FD 20 B7 00 37 0F CF 4F 2F EF 6F 4D
6D 75 D7 57 7D 17 E7 8F 45 9D 67 DD 47 C7 ED C5
1D 45 F7 A7 87 15 C5
End

Here's a guide as to what to do next...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/help/
loihuynh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: Akai PDP4225M Plasma TV Reply with quote

Thank you very much Robman.

I don't have a change to try it yet because the JP1 cable doesn't work. I returned for exchange and should wait for a while.

I will get back when all stuff come together.

Thanks so much again.
loihuynh
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The URC-8910 has a modem onboard, so you could load the upgrade in by converting it into a WAV file from IR.exe
Sljivovica

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there. The UEI code for this PDP4225M is TV 1207.
You will have to call customer service to get the code.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sljivovica wrote:
Hey there. The UEI code for this PDP4225M is TV 1207. You will have to call customer service to get the code.

Thanks for the UEI code Sliv, but there's no need to call CS to get it loaded when you can do it yourself using JP1.
Sljivovica

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Rob, you're right, but as far as I saw, his JP1 cable didn't work, so that would be a quicker solution for now, and also some other codes were mentioned, like the TV 0824.
TV 0824 uses the same protocol and will work some functions, but lots of keys are missing too. TV 1207 will do a much better job.
So... forgive me Wink

Best Regards, Sliv
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, he doesn't have a cable, but even without a cable you can still use JP1 to create a WAV file that you would play into the remote's modem, which is just like getting an upgrade over the phone, except that you don't need to worry about calling during office hours, from a non-digital landline phone, and for the Europeans you don't need to worry about paying lon distance charges to the Netherlands.
loihuynh

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Akai PDP4225M Plasma TV Reply with quote

Hello again Robman and everyone.

Look alike lot of people trying to help me here Very Happy. The cable just come back today. I tested it by connect to remote and download from remote and save a backup file using IR.EXE work perfectly.

I upload the code from Robman by load it using KM, copy the code and paste it in the device tab of IR.EXE then go to General and click the Upload to Remote button, I saw some respond from the remote.

I set code in the remote to TV 0824 it's showed susess but when I tried to turn on the TV by put the power on the remote notthing happen.

I know I have missed something. Please tell me what do I need to do from the beging. I readed the KM link above but it doesn't help me much.
A step by step guide please.

Very much appreciate.
Loihuynh
loihuynh

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the idea Sliv. Is there any other way to get the code 1207 instead calling CS?

loihuynh
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: