JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RC-103 Polaroid JP1.3 30023002 RDF desired
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GurkhaBeast

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: RC-103 Polaroid JP1.3 30023002 RDF desired Reply with quote

I have:
    original OEM remote
    RS 15-134 JP1 remote
    Tommy's new USB cable

I have the RC-103 Polaroid OEM LCD TV JP1.3 Remote same signature as Vizio TV remote and appearance is very similar but looks like it is different enough not to work properly with the Vizio 30023002 RDF file.

The Polaroid remote just has 1 row of four buttons on the bottom, the Vizio has three or four rows of buttons on the bootom.

I also have the RC-103 Polaroid OEM LCD TV JP1.2 Remote same signature as the Vizio 10331033 JP1.2 remote.

I have downloaded from both remotes but when I uploaded the file back to the JP1.3 30023002 remote non of the keys would light up the LED. I can still read and write to the remote but I am thinking I need a different RDF file for this remote.

I have uploaded the first read of the JP1.3 remote (before any uploads to the remote)

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5949

On board of the remote:
    3F80J BBRO-Q28B
    UEIC 2006 KOXR4
    UEI Nebula Bora
    (JB Samsung IC)
    URC-66700ABA2-XXX-R Rev.02 Oct 10.06

If some one has time to figure out if I did something wrong or can create a new RDF file, it would be appreciated.

Thanks
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can delete the
Code:

[FixedData]
$0400=$4B,$4E,$53

section from the RDF.

Also, there are some undefined(in the RDF) bytes in the Settings section. These are important for your remote as they define which keys are active
for (I think) device 5.

I'd suggest not starting from a new .IR file but use your initial download as a base for future modifications.
GurkhaBeast

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Binky123,

I removed the FixedData section and have been playing around with the Settings section but haven't found the right combination yet. I upload the original ir file to the remote and keys will still not light up the led. That would make since because I probably do not have the correct keys active.

I will go read about the format of the RDF files and active key defines and see what I can learn.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know on the Radio Shack JP1.3 remotes there is an option in the E2 that enables the LED under the device buttons or a single LED. (I can't remember off the top of my head where it is or which one means which and I'm not close to my IR stuff right now) If this is wrong, the buttons or the LED doesn't flash.

What you have to do to see what is going on is to slowly build up your knowledge of what is in the E2. Start with a 981 reset of the remote from the keypad. enable raw reading in IR since you don't want IR interpreting the data using the wrong RDF. Look at the raw data and set that as the baseline.

next, set up a couple of devices from the keypad, read and see what changed. Continue until you set all of the devices. and then do the VPT control, and the other options that can be set by the keypad (from your remote book) You now know what is in the setup area.

next, learn something if the remote supports learning, read the IR and see where that went.

You'll have to figure out where the upgrade tables are, if you have an old JP1 remote do a 981 reset on it, read the data and then look at the raw data. By looking at the RDF you should be able to figure out what the beginning of the upgrade tables look like.

All JP1.3 remotes have the data start at $600

next start making some macros, read the raw data and see what changed. This will allow you to figure out the values on the keys. Make macros with as many of the keys as you can (all of them if possible) so that you can find the hex value of the macros. The macro format has a couple of bytes at the beginning, one of which is the length, and then a hex list of the key values in the macro, in order.

I suspect that if the signature is the same that the lists of valid keys, the key values and the list of protocols in the RDF will be the same. We've seen this on the other JP1.3 remotes. But this isn't always true as we have seen on at least one Atlas.

Without the remote, the experts can't help with this process so since you're the guy with the remote, you're going to have to do some of the leg work.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another tip, if you want to make sure that IR isn't changing anything in the memory when you download it (because of a bad RDF) you can go to the Advanced menu and select "Enable Raw Download". This will enable the "Raw Download" button on the General tab which you can use to bypass the RDF.
GurkhaBeast

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks unclemiltie

Looks like my initial error was that I did not read the remote in RAW format. It had grabbed the Vizio RDF with the same signature. Then uploading that same file back to the remote change some of the bytes, which has deactivated the keys. In this state I can not perform any programming of keys or a reset.

Since I can read and write to the remote all is not lost.

Between the information that you and binky123 provided I have a good grasp of what I need to do.

Other than someone posting a raw read of a RC-103 JP1.3 remote (or maybe a Vizio JP1.3 RAW read) I will have to read, learn, and experiment first to get the remote back to a working state - then to create/modify a RDF file based on the information in the RAW read of the remote.

I have browsed through the file section and have found the raw read files of the Vizio JP1.2 remotes but have not run across the JP1.3 either Polaroid or Vizio so it looks like I'll be reading and experimenting.

I always did like a challenge. Thanks again guys.

GurkhaBeast
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the LED settings on this remote are different than the Vizio and you put some fixed data in the wrong spot, you may not see the LEDs flash but the remote is still working.

Do this:

1: hold setup for about 10 seconds
2: enter 9-8-1 to do a 981 reset
3: take the batteries out , push a few buttons, wait a few seconds, put them back.

Then check the remote. 981 reset clears everthing and sets it up with the factory settings.

But since the LED may not be flashing since you may have mucked with the LED setting, you may not know that it worked until the remote is reset and the LED flashing piece is fixed.
GurkhaBeast

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately that did not do it.

The LED will blink twice when I insert the batteries but not after that. I performed the reset as you indicated and the same condition persists. I have Tommy's IR-Widget and no ir single is coming from any of the keys. All keys act like when there is no programming associated with the key.

There wouldn't be a reset that can be activated through the JP1 cable is there?
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could try to force a reset by putting zeros in one of the device setup entries. (you're going to have to figure out where they are, but they're likely the same as the other JP1.3 remotes. The first 8 bytes are the signature, the next two are checksum and the ones after that are the setup for device 0. make those a 00 00, and write it back to the remote.

The JP1.3 remotes don't like undefined setup codes and force a reset if they find one that doesn't exist.

if that doesn't work, I'm running out of ideas.
GurkhaBeast

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that suggestion UncleMiltie.

I had tried FF before in hopes that the Processor would reset the eeprom but that had not worked. I just tried the 00 and that also did not work. At this stage it is probably not worth other peoples time. I am learning and this had been a remote that was replaced long ago. I pulled it out of the draw to see what it could do. Guess I'll put it back in the draw until I increase my knowledge base. Smile
GurkhaBeast

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Here's another tip, if you want to make sure that IR isn't changing anything in the memory when you download it (because of a bad RDF) you can go to the Advanced menu and select "Enable Raw Download". This will enable the "Raw Download" button on the General tab which you can use to bypass the RDF.

Just noticed your comment Robman. Yes, I found the raw Download to late. I had read it with the Vizio RDF and thought that if I upload the same file to the remote it would not change the data so all would be good. Apparently something changed because when I download the file again the two files are identical byte for byte. I have since done a Raw Download but it looks like it is to late because it looks like the original data has been changed, since the LED does not flash and pressing any key does not send data out the ir led.

Thanks guys. This remote is a bit cumbersome anyway, in that it has the pads and I have to use the pogo pins to make contact. Maybe I'll spend some time and machine an adapter so I do not need three hands to program this remote.

That should make testing this remote easier.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: i have no idea how this happened! Reply with quote

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

Last edited by unclemiltie on Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could try to force a reset by putting zeros in one of the device setup entries. (you're going to have to figure out where they are, but they're likely the same as the other JP1.3 remotes. The first 8 bytes are the signature, the next two are checksum and the ones after that are the setup for device 0. make those a 00 00, and write it back to the remote.

The JP1.3 remotes don't like undefined setup codes and force a reset if they find one that doesn't exist.

GurkhaBeast

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unclemiltie wrote:

UncleMiltie,

I started with one byte at 600A (000A in raw mode),
    changed them to 00,
    wrote to remote,
    tested remote,
    and then changed one additional byte until I got to 6028 (0028 in raw mode).

The rest of the bytes were all FF except for:

0A00: 41 50
0E00: 00 FF 0E 06 0E 06 00 00

I also tried to change these bytes to FF but they always came back to the same numbers after a raw read.

It does not look like the write is working, in that when I perform a Raw download the bytes are back to what they were before I changed them to 00.

I also tried the Advanced menu item Initialize to $FF and Initialize to $00 but I received a Write Error in RAW mode and using the RDF file for the Vizio it seemed to work but when I read the remote the bytes were back to what they were.

Oh well, tomorrow I will machine the adapter to make it a bit easier to utilize the pogo pin adapter and then I will play some more.

Thanks again, for all of your suggestions
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you're changing these bytes in the Raw Data panel in IR, if so, have you been clicking on the Apply button before you try to load the data into the remote? If you don't click Apply, the changes won't be loaded.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: