JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Remote URC-3660
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@HamburgerHelper1

Timed Macros can only be created on a remote, on dedicated keys that support them as documented in the manual for that remote. They record the timing used in the button presses when they are created, but can be edited in RMIR.

Controlled Macros are something I discovered were implemented in the URC7880, URC7980 and URC7955, which are the three remotes that have Bluetooth support. They are not documented by UEI, have not been seen yet on any other remote but I thought it worth a try on the URC3660. They can only be created in RMIR and on keys that do not support Timed Macros. In other ways, though, they are similar to Timed Macros in that they give you control over the duration for holding a key and the gaps between keypresses.

Both Timed Macros and Controlled Macros use the type 03 segment but in different ways, which is why a key can support one or the other but not both.

If you look carefully you will see that the pop-up panel for editing Timed Macros is headed Timed Macros, so you were not testing controlled macros on the App keys but editing the durations in a Timed Macro. If you create a Controlled Macro on a non-App button you will see that the panel, while almost identical, is headed Controlled Macro.

I would be interested to know if a Controlled Macro works when created on a non-App button. I thought you had discovered that they do not work, but as you have been confused by the two types, I am not sure now if you have actually tested this.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:31 pm    Post subject: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

Yes that is correct that controlled macro and controlled dsm do not work. I tested digit and function keys for it.
I guess i was trying to see the difference between the 2 types of macros but from what i can tell i probably won't understand it and maybe not even want to know .
Ok then but on to the timed macros the app keys support timed macros but so far in
v2.14.3 we have dsm and macro that both work but no way to enter a timed macro from what i can tell
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:47 am    Post subject: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

Since this is a new remote i decided to test what 9xx commands supported
it appears this cloned all device buttons to another location.
Probably dangerous to test them after all and i should not play with it any more.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26516
dkraines

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my 8910 with the extender installed, there's "functionality" devices defined for things like ToadTog...etc, with the device setup code mapping to the functionality in the text file extender documentation.

When I downloaded from the stock setup on the 3660, these devices were present in RMIR, that sort of look like (the misc audio) how one would implement an extender:

Misc Audio 5412
Misc Audio 5414
Misc Audio 5415
Misc Audio 5416
Misc Audio 5043
TV 1756
TV 5348
DVD 4016
DVD 4317
DVD 4377

I saved this config and deleted them all, any idea of what functionality is behind these? I can always go back, but I wanted to see how much memory (that I don't even need) would free up, looks like a 6K chip.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s just additional device codes. I’ve seen it a lot in OEM cable box remotes. Maybe they were a late addition or didn’t fit in the ROM.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HamburgerHelper1 wrote:
so far in v2.14.3 we have dsm and macro that both work but no way to enter a timed macro from what i can tell

As I have said several times, Timed Macros can only be created on the remote but they can then be edited in RMIR. That is not going to change. I will, however, produce a new RDF which removes support for Controlled Macros but leaves that for Timed Macros and DSMs.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:39 pm    Post subject: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

Ok sorry i understand now
MrMoody

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got one of these today, what a bargain for a learning remote with backlight plus the other features mentioned.

mdavej wrote:
It’s just additional device codes. I’ve seen it a lot in OEM cable box remotes. Maybe they were a late addition or didn’t fit in the ROM.

Yes, they are all onn upgrades, similar to the cable branded remotes. Amusingly, the code in the book shows 5438 both in the setup instructions on page 7 and the TV code list, but is 5348 in the remote and 5438 doesn't exist. Somebody goofed, that won't work.

Incidentally, onn is a Walmart brand. The box and book both say Walmart on them.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have posted a revised RDF for URC-3660 to replace that included in development build RMIR v2.14.3. It removes support for Controlled Macros as these have been found to be not supported. It retains support for Multimacros on the colour keys, Timed Macros on the App keys, and DSMs. As far as I can tell, DSM support allows device-specific multimacros on the colour keys but I do not know whether or not these will actually work.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:27 pm    Post subject: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

I thought i covered that oh well.
Yes DSM works so far i have tested them to be working on the colour keys,
digit keys, play, pause, and list probably others plus the app keys
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HamburgerHelper1 wrote:
DSM works so far i have tested them to be working on the colour keys

What I think is untested is that if you create more than one DSM on the same device on the same colour key, does it act as a multimacro, so successive long presses send successive macros. Not a big issue, thank you for all the testing you have done, I am not trying to prolong the agony Smile .
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:01 pm    Post subject: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

Yes
It acts as a MultiMacro Function and successive long presses send successive macros.
in a row. and device specific. I put several macros for tv on red and several for my recorder on red and each device performed them well
dkraines

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

HamburgerHelper1 wrote:

It acts as a MultiMacro Function and successive long presses send successive macros.

Though I've been using JP1 for over 15 years, I've never delved much into macros. If I'm understanding, each device can have a different macro assigned to the same button, I think I get that. But the timed term used earlier and "successive long presses send successive macros" is realy losing me. Does this mean that if you hold the button down longer, you can assign a different macro than a short press?

Sorry, I'm a little lost, I'm just really curious what this functionality is. Maybe with a use case? Any assistance explaining further is greatly appreciated.
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:42 pm    Post subject: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

Im lousy at explaining and the manual is to big to upload so ive included link for it
Not sure if this is permitted and maybe one of the administrators will move this link elsewhere

https://www.datocms-assets.com/44652/1621517371-onn6engmanual-rdn1010321fczpfinal.pdf

But on the color keys a single press and it will perform that function
and this button can hold several macros for fav channel scan so that held down for 3 second it runs that macro hold again for 3 seconds and it runs the next macro
The app key can do a real time macro so that if you record a keypress and wait 5 seconds for your device to react before going to the next keypress it will record the time you held the button down as well as the time between your next keypress
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:21 pm    Post subject: New Remote URC-3660 Reply with quote

I might as well try Dev 4 and Dev 8
Made Macro on ok and arrow key and have these devices working as well
I thought i could do a shift device key to access them but that does not work.
I thought i did it on device keys on some of my other remotes though
Am I mistaken about using shift Device keys?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 4 of 18

Jump to: