JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help with new Mitsubishi TV WD-73C9 - unique protocol?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aclinml

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: Help with new Mitsubishi TV WD-73C9 - unique protocol? Reply with quote

1. Device: Mits WD-73C9 DLP TV - 2009 model
2. Type of device: TV
3. Year: 2009
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: URC-7800 Cinema 7 with Extender 5
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)?
9. Partially working setup code? Yes
10. Learning remote question? Yes

OK, got a new Mitsubishi TV and I'm having problems with some of the EFCs. I looked in the download section for an upgrade for this TV, but the two latest entries were from 2007. The were a KM file - Mitsubishi Master File, and a RM file - Mitsubishi WS-xx732. Most of the commands (EFCs) work fine, but I was having problems using the 'arrow' buttons. So, I configured my remote for 'Learning' and learned in the four arrow buttons. I was expecting one EFC for each button, but there were actually four EFCs for each button. I took a screen print from IR showing the 'UP' and 'Down' learned signals from the original remote....they are in the diagnosis area here....
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7637
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7638

From learning in a few other buttons, it appears that all buttons have the exact same last two commands in them, the EFC 218. The funny thing is, most of the single byte EFCs that the RM upgrade uses, work fine! Only the Arrow buttons and Volume button have issues. Using the 2007 upgrade, when I push the UP button, it moves UP two spaces! When I hit the Left button, it moves two spaces!

I'm not sure what I'm dealing with here, but any help would be appreciated.

MIke
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike, You are the third person in the last 24 hours to post pictures instead of IR files. It is so much more difficult to work from pictures than to work from actual files. If you upload the IR file with the good learn, as well as the IR file that's shooting doubles I can get a much better of what is happening here.

Also post links to the files you are using for your EFC's.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, can you confirm that the learned signals actually work.
aclinml

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject: Here you go...... Reply with quote

Sorry about that. Here are the IR files I am working with. The IR code that has the learned directional keys is configured as a stock, learning URC-7800 is here.....
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7640
This has the learned up,down,left, and right.

The the IR file that has my upgrade in it is here......
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7641

The Remote Master file that I used for the upgrade I got in the file section here.....
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4652

Rob, I did just verify, the learned remote does work with the TV and functions exactly as the Mits original remote....all presses move one character at a time.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Here you go...... Reply with quote

aclinml wrote:
Sorry about that. Here are the IR files I am working with. The IR code that has the learned directional keys is configured as a stock, learning URC-7800 is here.....
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7640
This has the learned up,down,left, and right.

I don't see anything learned to the up,down,left,right buttons, did you learn these to the 4 "learning" buttons instead? If so, these are unusual buttons, each has 2 parts where the first part is OBC 65, 73, 101 or 109 (which are the normal OBCs for the arrow buttons) and the second part is OBC 39.
aclinml

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Sorry again Reply with quote

Sorry again, Rob. Yes they were learned into the 1L, 2L, 3L, and 4L. (up,down,left,right). And yes, they all have the same configuration. The first two commands appear to be the correct EFC, then the last two commands always has the same EFC, 218. I learned most of the other buttons into the remote. You can see some use 4 bytes, and some only use 2. Here is the IR file....
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7647

This is what I'm dealing with...
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

Try adding this protocol and see if things work better. It doesn't address the weird learns, but it does cut down on the number of repeats that are sent.

Upgrade protocol 0 = 00 14 (S3C8) PB v4.01
47 A9 11 8B 14 C5 52 08 08 00 96 01 B8 00 96 04
1A 68 E2 FF FF FF FF FF 02 8D 01 33
End

Also, your IR file looks to be corrupt, and you probably should rebuild your file from the start.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
aclinml

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:08 am    Post subject: Works!! Reply with quote

OK, Vicky. Your Protocol code fixed my problem. I don't know the internals of how all this stuff works, but can you explain to me (in lay terms) how this fixed it? Also, you mentioned my IR code appeared to be corrupted. I have been running this Extender 5 code for many months without any problems. What is it that you saw that makes you think it is corrupted?

Thanks for your help!!!!

Mike
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: Works!! Reply with quote

aclinml wrote:
OK, Vicky. Your Protocol code fixed my problem. I don't know the internals of how all this stuff works, but can you explain to me (in lay terms) how this fixed it?

The ONLY way I can explain this is in lay terms. Laughing

The Mitsubishi executor in our 7800's sends minium of 3 frames of data, and all keys repeat when held.

Since your learned keys have 2 frames of one signal, 2 frames of another and work fine, it would seem that the 3rd frame of data starts the repeating. So I made a replacement executor that had a minimum of 2 frames, and only sends more repeat frames on a few special keys when held. Those keys that keep repeating are Vol+-, Ch+- Rew and FFwd.

When your remote was trying to locate the executor for the setup code you were using, it encountered the replacement executor in the upgrade area, and used that executor instead of the one built into ROM.

I used Mike's Protocol Builder spreadsheet to tweak the exectuor. I used my IR Widget to view the output from the remote to make sure the exector I wrote sends the correct signal.

Quote:

Also, you mentioned my IR code appeared to be corrupted. I have been running this Extender 5 code for many months without any problems. What is it that you saw that makes you think it is corrupted?

Extender 5 has different keymapping than earlier extenders. I remapped the keys so that I could add x-shift functions to this extender. This remapping screws up the extinstall when upgrading from previous extenders. If you look at your keymoves and macros you'll see that they have a lot of keys that are not available from the dropdown. I'd recommend reworking your macros and keymoves to use keys that have been defined in the RDF. If you still have your old ir file from the previous extender, print out the summary sheet, and then rework the macros and special keys.

aclinml

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Works!! Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
If you look at your keymoves and macros you'll see that they have a lot of keys that are not available from the dropdown.

Not sure what you mean about "lots of keys" not available. I do use Xshift keys a lot in keymoves and macros....
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must have forgotten how to do thins, but I don't see problems.
What file? I just looked at "Mike_first_Mitsubishi.ir"
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=download&file_id=7641
and don't see the keys from ext2 undecoded or in wrong places. I crosschecked few keymoves, macros, special protocols and the comments in Mike's file. Things look consistent to me.
There's one keymove tv/4L referencing setup code 0150 for the SQL button. Possibly ok, but maybe not, maybe it should refer to setup 1150. 0150 might be refering to a builtin device which I saw in the file with learned codes.

Vicky, cool protocol fix Smile
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Works!! Reply with quote

aclinml wrote:
vickyg2003 wrote:
If you look at your keymoves and macros you'll see that they have a lot of keys that are not available from the dropdown.

Not sure what you mean about "lots of keys" not available. I do use Xshift keys a lot in keymoves and macros....

Opps. The problem was on my end. I was looking at the wrong RDF's. It made all the keys be bad. What surprises me is that IR wouldn't say something about the RDF not being found.

aclinml

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:33 pm    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

No problem! Thanks for all your help Vicky. And Liz, thanks for pointing out a little clean-up on my end. The SQV button was something that was on my old Mits TV. Just overlooked cleaning it up. You girls are the best!

Mike

P.S. Vicky (or Rob), I've got a few more EFCs to plug in and test, but I would like to put the RM code I'm using up to the UPGRADE File section. How do I go about getting Vickie's protocol change put into the RM upgrade I am using?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
P.S. Vicky (or Rob), I've got a few more EFCs to plug in and test, but I would like to put the RM code I'm using up to the UPGRADE File section. How do I go about getting Vicky's protocol change put into the RM upgrade I am using?

It's hard to describe. Your supposed to suck the protocol in from the clipboard and click on a few check boxes, but this one didn't want to import, so I did it for you.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=7655

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: