JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Problems with upgrade for Sony LCD Digital TV

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GOGGS75

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:22 am    Post subject: Problems with upgrade for Sony LCD Digital TV Reply with quote

Hi,

Using an upgrade file already in the file section I managed to get started making a new upgrade for my Sony LDC Digital TV.

There is one issue I am stuck with that I was hoping somneone could help with. The problem is that when using IR to download learned signals is shows four different device numbers altough the Protocol is always Sony 12 or Sony 15.

Is the problem of there being 4 different device numbers a problem the sony 12/15/20 protocol has to be used for ?

Thanks for any help.

Goggs75
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you'd post your IR file in the DIAGNOSIS section and then post a link here, and then post a link to the upgrade that you are using for a base, it would be a lot easier to give you a good answer.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: Problems with upgrade for Sony LCD Digital TV Reply with quote

GOGGS75 wrote:
Is the problem of there being 4 different device numbers a problem the sony 12/15/20 protocol has to be used for ?
Is this a problem or just a question? 4 devices is precisely why I've used the 12/15/20 combo protocol in many of my sony upgrades. It's the only one that can handle that many devices, although none are sony 20. Sony 12/15 can only handle 2 devices. You could split whatever you're working on into two 12/15 upgrades if you prefer, which will take less memory than a single 12/15/20 combo. It's just a matter of personal preference. I chose a protocol so I could do it all in one upgrade at the expense of a little memory. Since the sony codes are so well document (HERE), I'm surprised you're having to learn much of anything. Have you tried THIS upgrade for recent sony LCD's?

Last edited by mdavej on Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: Problems with upgrade for Sony LCD Digital TV Reply with quote

GOGGS75 wrote:
Hi,

Using an upgrade file already in the file section I managed to get started making a new upgrade for my Sony LDC Digital TV.

There is one issue I am stuck with that I was hoping somneone could help with. The problem is that when using IR to download learned signals is shows four different device numbers altough the Protocol is always Sony 12 or Sony 15.

Thanks for any help.

Goggs75
Are you using RM?
Have you read the Protocol Help in RM?

I think it explains what the various Sony executors can do for you.

Quote:
Notes=There are 3 variations of the Sony protocol: Sony12, Sony15 and Sony20 and there are four protocol executors for these in various combinations.

Examine closely your requirements (and which will require protocol upgrades in YOUR remote) before choosing which one to use.

If there is a subdevice then it has to use Sony20.

If there is no subdevice and the device is greater than 31 it has to use Sony15.

If there is no subdevice and the device is 0 to 31 it almost always uses Sony12 but might use Sony15.

(NOTE: If you have a decode that shows a sequence of 3 repeats of Sony15 36,96, followed by three Sony8 entries and one more Sony15 entry, you need the Sony DSP protocol)

Sony 12/15 allows you to combine two different Sony12 and/or Sony15 device numbers.

Sony 20 allows you to combine one Sony20 device/subdevice with one Sony12 device.

Sony Combo (12/20) allows you to combine any number of Sony12 devices with ONE Sony20 device/subdevice.

Sony Combo (12/15/20) allows you to combine as many Sony12 and Sony15 codes as you like with up to 4 Sony20 devices.

Sony Combo (12/15/20) instructions: Enter the 4 Sony20 sub-device numbers on the Setup panel.

On the Functions panel, you enter the codes for the functions in OBC format as usual. Then you select the desired protocol for the function. Next enter the desired device number. If you enter a device number greater than 31, the protocol will be changed to Sony15, as it is the only one that supports values greater than 31. For Sony12 and Sony15, the Sub-device column must have the value "none". For Sony20 functions, select the desired sub-device number.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
GOGGS75

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

The issue I raised was a question not a problem. I tried using the Sony 12/15/20 protocol and it allowed four different device numbers to be entered and an IR upgrade to be created successfully.

I was a bit confused when reading the RDF help on the protocol as all device numbers required were either Sony 12 or Sony 15 and Sony 20 was not required.

Thanks for your help

Goggs75
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGGS75 wrote:
I tried using the Sony 12/15/20 protocol and it allowed four different device numbers to be entered ...

Not true, this combo allows for an infinite* number of Sony12 or Sony15 device codes to be entered. The limitation that you are seeing is only related to Sony20 device codes, were you can only combine up to 4 different Sony20 sub-device codes (with an infinite number of Sony20 main device codes).

* "infinite" is obviously limited to the number of buttons on the remote, but there's no executor-based limitation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: