JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Philips RC5/6 volume / Next track

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
westte

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:58 am    Post subject: Philips RC5/6 volume / Next track Reply with quote

I have to start by saying , I still just love learning from this forum and really enjoy the tweaking that the world of JP1 and of cause JP1.2,1.3 gives us mortals , I spend hours coming up with little tweaks

I have a Philips MCD708 which is basically a stereo that also play dvd's (Actually really rather nice), the original remote works well

I have used a variation of different upgrade file - the best one is

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5714

I have to learn in the volume to this file for some reason

The problem that I get whether I download an upgrade file off OFA www or build or use the above file when the volume down is press the next time you use next track (jump to next track) the stereo wont respond ,, the led flashes and tx's , if you press next track again it will work , it always does the same thing

he original remote works correctly , I have tried a few different remote ie 6690,7562 - seems all a bit curly maybe something to do with the combo of RC5/6 but I am not sure

Any help would be awesome - thanks in advance
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The problem that I get whether I download an upgrade file off OFA www or build or use the above file when the volume down is press the next time you use next track (jump to next track) the stereo wont respond ,, the led flashes and tx's , if you press next track again it will work , it always does the same thing

I have a bunch of Phillips TV's that use the RC-5 protocol and I find that the remotes often get out of synch with the unit too. The problem is the RC-5 protocol uses a toggle bit. With each press of the key, the toggle bit changes. I have found that some of my OEM remotes seem to have 2 toggle bits, although I haven't thoroughly checked them out. Anyway, if the remote and the unit are out of synch you have to press the key a second time to get it too respond. The RC-5 protocol is very difficult to use in a macro because of this synching issue.
westte

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the reply , certainly the toggle bit sounds correct , the weird thing is the original remote doesn't do it , so I am guessing that the learned ir is not exactly the same as the original , , it one of those buggy little things - that simple presents itself as a challenge - , I have just tried some of the transport function of the 0539 (Original OFA) and although the next track and FFrd are transposed it correctly does a next track (I think) , so I am am a little confused wheather the cause of it all is the volume up or the next track - I shall persist - thank again for your reply vickyg2003
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original remote does not do it because it handles the toggle bit as it was designed to do. The LEARNED signal cannot handle the toggle bit, as it only learned the one iteration and cannot alter the signal as required by the toggle bit. A signal generated by a proper UPGRADE, however, DOES handle the toggle bit correctly (although as Vicky points out, it can still be problematic when used in macros).

IIUC, in this case, your problem is that the Volume commands from the upgrade don't work at all, so you are using LEARNED commands for the Volume functions. Correct?

The solution is to fix your upgrade, not to use learned commands.

What is the decode of the learned volume commands in IR?
Does it match what you found in that file? ...or is it different?

In general, although providing a link to a file that you used as the SOURCE for your uprgade can be useful, it is more useful for troubleshooting to provide links to the ACTUAL UPGRADE FILE you added to IR, and the ACTUAL IR FILE that you are using, and the IR file with the LEARNED SIGNALS that you are trying to replicate.

If you zip those three files together and upload them to the diagnosis area of the File Section, and post a link here, somebody may be able to help you.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
westte

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the in Capn Trips , I will have a play early next week , its funny because initial I did often use the Philips DVD system - so I hadn't noticed the oddness - but now I am aware of it is has become a bit of a bug - initially I thought it was a dodgy button , I grab another remote and added the same upgrade and the learned missing commands and then that when the issue occurred - will re post when I do more - thanks for that
mndar

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:45 am    Post subject: Philips RC5 remotes Reply with quote

Are all Philips remotes RC5 compatible?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Are all Philips remotes RC5 compatible?

If you are talking about OEM Philips remotes, that come with Philips TV's, Cable boxes, Audio and Video equipment, the answer is NO.

If you are asking do Philips universal remotes have an RC5 type setup then the answer is yes.
mndar

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:20 am    Post subject: Bought a Remote Reply with quote

I bought a remote for a Philips TV (just picked one from 3 available for various Philips TVs). I wanted to use it with my PicoLCD 20x4. The RC5 Decoding code worked fine. So I guess this remote was RC5 compatible.
gregnash

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So like the Philips Pronto and Prestige remotes are all JP1 style remotes? Im confused here.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gregnash wrote:
So like the Philips Pronto and Prestige remotes are all JP1 style remotes? Im confused here.

No. The Pronto is definitely NOT a JP1 remote, and I don't know what a Prestige is.
gregnash

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok that is what I thought. I was quite confused..
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: