JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Device code ranges?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marchewd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject: Device code ranges? Reply with quote

Hello,
When I first started JP1 a few years ago, I thought I saw a list that listed acceptable device codes for certain items (CD, DVD, etc). I am having trouble with a new code I created (it's in the help section) and I think it might be something as simple as an invalid device code.

Thanks,
Dan
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The codes you are referring to are "setup codes" not "device codes", "device codes" are the codes built into the infrared signals themselves.'

In traditional OFA remotes, the valid range for setup codes was 0000 thru 2047, but the range has been extended in the more recent remotes. I'm guessing that the new range is 0000 thru 4095.

You mention something about something being in the help section. If you want us to look at something please post a link to it.

If you suspect that the setup code that you're using is the problem, try a number below 2047.
marchewd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,
Thanks. The files are uploaded and there is a post in the protocol decode section. You asked me to post a link to the new setup code, as well as the IR file with all of the learned commands. It is located here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10181

Thanks,
Dan
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you split a subject across two threads, those of us that look at hundreds of threads will lose the connection.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: