JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Decode for Cyberlink PC remote, for PowerDVD and MCE 38khz
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scrambled functions on a remote tend to come from 3 different sources

1) In IR look at the general tab and make sure the keyboard is set to "standard" instead of "alternate". This applies to some JP1.2 remotes.

2) Another cause, might be that the upgrade is from a different remote.

3) A third cause would be that the functions were mismatched in KM or RM.
chud

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 and 2 above seemed to be issues. Although the remote looks same and does use this protocol, the codes arent the same for the button functions, well some are some aren't.

Well after many hours of effort I have made a fairly complete mapping of the hex to windows key codes. It turned out it functions as a complete keyboard. The XLS sheet I made is here.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5430

Turned out to be actually more useful than I ever imaged because you can map buttons to keyboard functions like numberic + and - to adjust the audio delay in Media Player Classic (useful for .mkv files of your favorite shows that can often be +/-200ms out!) Also can map buttons to Alt, Enter etc so can navigate all the menus in windows. Brilliant.

If anyone wants to have a fiddle I never managed to find all the special keys that would be on a multimedia keyboard, specifically the fast forward and rewind. If you look at the sheet it maybe fairly easy to find them but after about 6 hours reprogramming the damn remote over and over again I got sick of it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: