JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Can original UEI (Omega) devices be bought?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dreamzapper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:31 am    Post subject: Can original UEI (Omega) devices be bought? Reply with quote

Hi, I have a Dreambox with UEI Omega URC for two devices: Dream or TV. But they also make a similar URC capable of controlling three devices. The Force satellite tuner uses that one.

Since I do not want to 'destroy' the Force remote, I would like to get hold of an original from URC.

But are they distributing to anyone except OEM's?

Rolf
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked the Dreambox RDF files we have and all seem to have at least 3 device buttons. The Dreambox V3 had a 4th device slot(OEM) but may not have had a 4th physical button. The dreambox remotes seem to be based on their generic Omega line of remotes as indicated by the print on the circuit board.

JP1 can use a technique called device multiplexor to load another device setup code into the current device slot. This allows you to use another button or shift-button to switch to using that setup code and to start controlling another device.
Dreamzapper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Dreambox remote is type 39930B, and has only two device buttons, Dream or TV. I don't know if it is possible to select a third mode by using the shift (i.e. magic) + TV key?

A three button device would be more convenient though.

It is not quite clear to me what model of JP-1 cable I need for this unit?
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your URC-39930B Dreambox V4 remote needs a JP1.2 cable. Your Force remote needs a JP1 cable. The Dreambox V4 remote does have 3 device slots but the third one(AUX) is only available via IR.exe. In order to use it, you have to invoke it via a macro.
Dreamzapper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see.

Since it is a couple of years since I used the Force I don't know if I did enter codes for my tv and VCR at that time, but now I find that it will not accept new codes for the numeric pad. I get one blink instead of two. I have tried using the remove code function.

Is that how it works, that once the code for a particular tv or VCR has been used, (most of) the keys are dedicated to that device and prevented from accepting individual codes?

Force warns against using an OFA master reset code since it will erase the codes for the Force tuner and void the warranty. I don't think I care, seems that the Force company is out of business, and I most likely won't ever need the tuner any more.

So I just wonder, what is the code for master reset?

Am collecting parts for both JP-1 cables!

Rolf
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at the Force RDF with signature ETPSTPS0 and it has 3 device buttons(Force,TV,AUX) and 4 device slots. It also has settings to lock the setup code and not allow changes. This is probably what you are experiencing. SET-980 is the factory reset command. SET-981 will do a full reset and erase all of the EEPROM. I don't know if any of these will unlock the setup codes. On the Atlas5 remotes, SET-982 will unlock the setup codes and allow you to change them. In the Atlas5 manual, it is called Programming ID lock.

You should probably use a JP1 cable to download from the remote to see what is on the EEPROM first before doing anything.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: