JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Atlas OCAP Master Power functionality disabled?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
speaker.guy
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried it.... doesn't work.
I press cable, SET, 978, (2 flashes),Power, then when I start to enter the sequence (VCR, power,TV, power, Cable, power), the buttons pressed function as if I was not entering a macro, and the remote is not programmed to a new macro.
BTW: the 3033 OCP manual DOES say to do this with set995. It probably worked initially, but didn't after the remote was upgrade programmed.
I don't know enough about editing raw data to mess with it there.
Thanks for the help though...
speaker.guy
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found the problem! What I was concerned about not being able to do was control the power on my DVD recorder separately from the power macro. When in DVD mode, the power macro was always (erroneosly , i thought) executed. SO I assumed that it was global. Problem was I had the device type on the DVD recorder set to cable, because it gave a more efficient upgrade, BUT, the remote treated it like a cable device for macro power control. When I changed the device type to DVD, problem went away. I guess the original design and documentation didn't take into account that a JP1 user would deviate from the standard device type assignments...
Thanks for all the help on this guys....
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: