JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

2116 Device type change
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
throgm

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think we're making progress. The loop has stopped but I'm only getting 1 FFWD. The light on the remote is blinking twice but it's only sending one.
usblipitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, try it now, i added a long delay in the macro. if the macro works, you might try shortening the delay as much as you can and still have it work reliably.
throgm

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It didn't seem to make any difference. The timing between the light flashes appears about the same.

Actually, I tried that very change after your last update. I knew we just had to get an extra few ms of pause in between the FFWDs. Can you think of any other way to accomplish this?
throgm

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude! I did it. I created another macro for phantom2 with contained 15 DEV_AUX. I filled the FFWD macro with that and now the pause is actually too long but I can back it off and all will be well.

I need to acknowledge that I didn't get here without a whole bunch of your dedication and assistance. Thanks. But it was intriguing, wasn't it?

JP1 rulez!
Jim
throgm

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're not going to believe this. First let me say that AUX is associated with my Tivo unit. Anyway, now that I have the FFWD working as I like .. the move button used to perform the Tivo/advance function. Now it turns on my TVs timer setup. I tried remapping it to AUX but it didn't work. I'm assuming that it's a punch-thru feature built into the extender somewhere. I see nothing in the .txt file that would cause this. Am I just not supposed to use the extender? I'd much rather work it out but I'm still learning what a lot of this stuff means.
usblipitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the move key is a member of the PIP key group.

you must associate the tivo device to the pip key group. or maybe I should say you should associate the pip key group with the tivo device.

when the pip key group is associated with the tivo, it will cause the move key to do the tivo advance function; when the pip key group is associated with the tv, it will cause the move key to activate your tv's timer setup..

it is not a punch through problem, as the punch through features are all non-existant in extenders, just as the home theater mode is gone in extenders. you have to associate the key groups you want with the devices you want for all this to work.

at least, this is what it sounds like is wrong to me. i could be wrong. i am usually wrong. I am probably wrong in this case. 8)
JP1Files
throgm

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, dude. That was all it was. Thank you so much for devoting the time to help me through this. I've learned a lot today. And I want to thank you for that, too.

If I post "usblipitor is the man!" in this email in this forum, does it make it official? If nothing else, it'll be documented for whenever you want to recall it as proof.

You da man, man!
Jim
usblipitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you got it working. In your AUX macro you just needed to add a SET_PIP_KEYS to the other "SET" keys, which is what I am guessing you already did to make it work.

Good Job!

throgm

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you're wrong again. What I did was changed "My system PIP device" to AUX under Other Settings. The method you described sounds more appropriate so I removed SET_PIP_KEYS from phantom1 and added it to AUX.

So many ways to do almost meaningless things.

I hope I don't discover any more problems.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing with extenders is they certainly give you enough rope to hang yourself. Of course, the reason we need extenders is because UEI doesn't trust us to be able to program our own remotes!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: