JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The file section is full

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: The file section is full Reply with quote

I am going to arrange for new hosting, but in the meantime, if you have any large files in there that are not really necessary, could you delete them please.

Most upgrade files are 8k, so deleting one 400k file would make room for 50,000 upgrade files.

Please save a copy of anything that you delete so it can be re-added when I move the site to a new host.
whompus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob.. With you getting low on space, You could delete some of the tools archive. I have them in a zip file. If you would like to keep them up for archive purposes I have a bit of space I can donate to put them on.
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob

I got rid of some of the old archives of RDF's, maps and images. I have them all anyway. Came to about 5000K
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldn't the diagnosis area be purged periodically? It looks like most posters never go back and delete once their problem is fixed. All but the latest files are worthless now, aren't they? And if they're not, they should be moved to other sections.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a way to select many files in one shot or do I have to suffer thru every file I put into diagnosis and x it?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One at a time I'm afraid. I just placed an order for a new server, which has 100GB of storage space, so now it's just a question of copying eveything over. Plus, I will probably try to upgrade the forum software while I'm at it, so it might take a while.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob

your post got me thinking..... how's this whole escapade supported from a financial standpoint? I can imagine that the monthly bandwidth charges are not insignificant and then there is the hardware, hosting charges, domain names, etc.

Do the banner ads cover the expenses? (and leave a littel left over for your effort hopefully)

as for storage, it's cheap these days. Saw a 500GB disk the other day for $150, 250G's for less than $100. amazing....

-bill

PS. I went through and cleaned up some old stuff that I had lying around, nothing significant though but I suspect that every little bit helps.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The banner ads don't cover much, as I've had most of my original customers drop away (ie, Hovis, Filebug, Surf, Bluedo, AV Smarts, Home Automation, etc) but I am able to cover the expenses with the proceeds from the remote sales.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Web Site Issues All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: