JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Quick question about the 6131 and keymap master

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SemperFi

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 11:08 pm    Post subject: Quick question about the 6131 and keymap master Reply with quote

I just sat down to start doing some things with my newly modified 6131 remote. I opened up keymap master and selected the 6131. To my surprise there is a 6131 extender in the remote drop down list.

I did a scan through the list and didn't find a similar entry for any other remote. I also scaned the read me and such and didn't see any explanation.

Can someone give me a heads up on what the difference is? I thought that you need the extender installed to use the extender in keymap master. Since it is the only remote in the list like this I assume I am wrong. As you can tell I haven't used an extender yet. I am planning on using on my rs 2104 after I get this 6131 setup and working like I want.

Thanks for you help.
usblipitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good question. I just used the standard 6131 from the drop down menu in KM when I set up my extended 6131. I wonder if I should have used the extended 6131 from that drop down box? My remote seems to work just find though. Maybe an expert can tell us.
JP1Files
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good question with a simple answer.

The URC-6131 uses a different format for it's keymoves, which are not yet supported by KM (unless Mark added them in the 8.xx versions). However, when Hal developed the extender for the URC-6131 he added keymove support using the traditional format.

KM usually formats keymoves for you when you program a button that's not part of a keymap, but this posed a problem for the 6131. Should we allow keymoves or not? The people using the extender can use them but the people not using an extender can't, so two selections for the remote were added. The only real difference is that when you select the extended version KMwill create keymoves, and when you don't, it won't.
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
The URC-6131 uses a different format for it's keymoves, which are not yet supported by KM (unless Mark added them in the 8.xx versions).
Mark has added keymove support for the new style format in KM (for the non-extended 6131 & Atlas DVR). It currently only creates the 2-byte EFC type of keymove, but it does work nicely. 8)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr_d_p_gumby wrote:
Mark has added keymove support for the new style format in KM (for the non-extended 6131 & Atlas DVR). It currently only creates the 2-byte EFC type of keymove, but it does work nicely. 8)

The 2-byte version is the only version that he could support. The 1-byte version is strictly for actual key moves (ie, buttons copied from one place to another) as opposed to buttons programmed using advanced codes.
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
The 1-byte version is strictly for actual key moves (ie, buttons copied from one place to another) as opposed to buttons programmed using advanced codes.
Well, technically KM could create one-byte keymoves for the current upgrade, but to do so would require a significant amount of new programming. It's perfectly understandable that Mark (and myself) cannot justify doing it at this point in time to support only two remotes.

FWIW, I've actually done this with the Atlas DVR, for the usual reason: running short of key-move space. Rolling Eyes By creating a few dummy upgrades with maybe 2 or 3 buttons mapped, and using one-byte keymoves (created by hand in IR) to refer to them, I was able to get all the macros & keymoves to fit.
SemperFi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I wasn't sure which one to use and when.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: