JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-8017B00 JP1 test error need help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xgamer123

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 5:26 pm    Post subject: URC-8017B00 JP1 test error need help Reply with quote

Hi m8s,

I’ve made a simple JP1 parallel interface. I can’t go through IR.exe test with my URC-8017B00 which bought in Walmart. I always get no response from remote. I’ve tested with satellite software - jkeys port diagnostics with multi-meter. It looks mine JP1 no problem at all. The only fishy spot is this OFA URC-8017B00 has no EEPROM. Is it possible no working on JP1? Can I upgrade any code without EEPROM?

I’ve noticed that every time when I exit from checked interface, the LED will blink once slowly. Does it mean my JP1 intend to write EEPROM causes URC-8017B00 treats it as a key pressed?

BTW, Canadian remote controller market is really sucks. I can’t find learning capability URC-8810W above model in Vancouver. The entire major stores said Canadian branches don’t carry these high end models. Can anyone tell me where I can buy it in BC, Canada?
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: URC-8017B00 JP1 test error need help Reply with quote

xgamer123 wrote:
The only fishy spot is this OFA URC-8017B00 has no EEPROM. Is it possible no working on JP1? Can I upgrade any code without EEPROM?
Without an EEPROM, JP1 does you no good. (The JP1 interface only communicates with the EEPROM.) I'm not sure if this model supports an EEPROM, so unless someone else knows, you'll have to open it up and look at the PCB to see if there's a spot for it.
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: URC-8017B00 JP1 test error need help Reply with quote

xgamer123 wrote:
I’ve noticed that every time when I exit from checked interface, the LED will blink once slowly. Does it mean my JP1 intend to write EEPROM causes URC-8017B00 treats it as a key pressed?
This is just the remote resetting itself after IR has attempted to find an EEPROM. On the bright side, this is a good sign that the reset connection to the JP1 interface is working.
xgamer123

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr_d_p_gumby,

Thanks for your help. I've found my Canadian model needs add EEPROM and one jump wire. I do it and check later.

I still need Canadian store to buy 8911.

TIA
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The URC-8017 is the Canadian version of the URC-8011, so yes, it needs an EEPROM, a JMP2 wire and a 6-pin JP1 connector.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: