JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Error installing USB driver (cannot find necessary software)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gaines

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Error installing USB driver (cannot find necessary software) Reply with quote

When I plug in the USB JP1 cable to my work computer it detects the new hardware (USB IO Controller) and prompts for drivers. I have tried pointing it to both the drivers off of diygadget and directly from delcom, but after a moment it shows me a screen saying, "The hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary software."

I have tried the cable on all of the USB ports on my computer and get the same error. The same cable/remote worked fine on another computer, so I know it's not a problem with the hardware.

I'm running Windows XP Pro with all updates applied (ie. SP2). I have tried searching for "usb.inf" as mentioned in another thread, but that file does not seem to exist on my computer.

The account is not only a local administrator, but a domain administrator so there should not be any security issues.

I checked my local policy and it's set to install unsigned drivers silently.

Note: I also tried the parallel cable and got the error, "Unable to create service using C:\program Files\JP1\IR\gwiopm.sys. The handle is invalid. Please make sure you have Admin rights." I didn't want to confuse the issue of getting the USB cable working, but thought I should mention this just in case it's related.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: