JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

6131 w/ USB not acknowledging

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrog

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:31 pm    Post subject: 6131 w/ USB not acknowledging Reply with quote

I have a URC-8910, and that works with my USB cable from filebug, but I just got a brand new 6131 at Best Buy, and put in an EEPROM from filebug, it says ST 24C161 9609. The 981 reset works fine, and the USB cable works fine with my 8910, but the 6131 gets a "The remote is not acknowledging signals from the interface" message.

I don't know what's wrong, the remote appears to reboot after I reset it with two blinks of the LED, but IR 5.15 doesn't work with it.

Any help is appreciated

Justin
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you also solder a wire across the JMP2 spot?
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
jrog

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Fixed it Reply with quote

this one doesn't need the jumper... I thought I had checked the solder points and they were good, but I loaded a little extra on the clock and data pins of the EEPROM, and now it's talking!! very awesome... with Tivo, I prefer to use this remote over the 8910. now, if I can just figure out how to take the learned keys from the 8910 and put them on my 6131 for my discrete inputs on my bose freestyle...

Thanks,

Justin
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Fixed it Reply with quote

jrog wrote:
now, if I can just figure out how to take the learned keys from the 8910 and put them on my 6131 for my discrete inputs on my bose freestyle...

Download the 8910s memory and look at the learned signals using IR.exe, does it show a protocol, device code and command code for each of them? If so, use this info to create an upgrade to work the Bose. If you already have a setup code (or upgrade) that works the Bose, you can program them as keymoves instead if you prefer.

With a 2k chip onboard, there's TONS of upgrade memory in the 6131, so load as much as you want.
Jamin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Mine's having similar problem Reply with quote

jrog wrote:
this one doesn't need the jumper... I thought I had checked the solder points and they were good, but I loaded a little extra on the clock and data pins of the EEPROM, and now it's talking!! very awesome... with Tivo, I prefer to use this remote over the 8910. now, if I can just figure out how to take the learned keys from the 8910 and put them on my 6131 for my discrete inputs on my bose freestyle...

Thanks,

Justin

I'm having the same problem with a new 6131nw that I just put the EEPROM in. It gives all the proper blinks w/ SET, 981. The USB cable works fine w/ other JP1 remotes. I've checked and re-checked the solder joints, and I'm 99.9% they're fine.

Anyone have any ideas?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, I'd tripple check your soldering, both on the 6-pin and the EEPROM. Even if the 6-pin looks good, re-heat the solder on the pins anyway, just to be sure (I have to do this every so often myself when I'm modding 6131s).

If you feel comfortable with the soldering, then the usual questions apply... have you tried it both with batteries in the remote and without batteries?
Jamin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! I tried it w/o the batteries, and it saw it. Put the batts back in, and now it works fine! Thanks a bunch. I'll remember that trick for next time. Smile

edit: hmmm, but now none of the buttons work. Sad
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamin wrote:
edit: hmmm, but now none of the buttons work. Sad

They don't work at all, or just while the remote is hooked up to the cable? If it's the latter, so what? If it's the former, it sounds like you have bigger problems.
Jamin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They wouldn't work at all! It was pretty frustrating until I noticed the "move" key was pinched under the cover, and being held down the whole time. Popping that back up fixed it. All is well now. Thanks again, Rob!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, I've had that happen to me too! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: