JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I've downloaded from the remote need to mod.....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
doni-49

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:
I'm not sure I'm being helpful, but I will continue to ask questions in search of clarity. If what you are doing is cleear to others helping, then I'll just butt out and continue watching, but...

ALL attempts to help me figure this out are greatly appreciated.
Capn Trips wrote:

Several aspects of your IR file raise questions in my mind:
(1) Greg's comment about PVR vs. VCR is appropriate - which device are you trying to control via the ToadTog?

The VCR. I have my devices assigned as follows (to group them in a way that I understand).

Remote Device Button=Physical Device
TV=Tivo1
Sat/Cbl=Tivo2
PVR=VCR1
Aud=VCR2
DVD=DVD
VCR=Surround Sound
dev7=TV
dev8=Controls the video selector via an upgrade provided by Rob.
Capn Trips wrote:

(2) Your VPT is set to your VCR device (Built-in device VCR/DVD 2047). Is this intentional? What is VCR/DVD 2047 controlling?

That was a mistake. It SHOULD have been in there as AUD (but yes on the VCR device).
Capn Trips wrote:

(3) It's not unheard of, but seems unusual to assign the Keymove for your PVR device (VCR/DVD 0048) to a button in the CBL/SAT device mode? Is that intentional?

That was just me testing to try and learn this. I had no intention of leaving it. Didn't think it would cause a problem so I just left it until I was done.
Capn Trips wrote:

(4) Your shift-TV macro does exactly the same thing as your TV macro. Intentional?

NO it was another mistake. The INTENDED purpose was to have the SHIFTED TV button make dev7 (my TV is assigned to it) active.
Capn Trips wrote:

(5) Your Move macro is confusing, since it assigns the T_buttons to Dev_8 (CBL/SAT 0920) which you use for nothing else anywhere, while you have an upgrade for VCR/DVD 0920 that eats a lot of memory and is seemingly unused anywhere in your file,

I have NO idea how it got set to CBL/Sat. I could have sworn that I had it set to VCR. This is the upgrade provided by Rob that I talked about above.
Capn Trips wrote:

(6) Notes in your IR file pointing out the device assignment to component matching from your last post would be EXTREMELY useful. Similarly, most users now use the notes section for device and protocol upgrade to help keep straight which appllies to what component.

Point made and understood.
Capn Trips wrote:

As far as the VCR (PVR?) power signal not executing from within the ToadTog, my only thought right now (once you get it sending to the correct device) is a duration problem. When you execute the power signal from a direct button press, you get enough repeats for the VCR to pick it up and act, while in a sequenced execution, like in a ToadTog series or a macro, the duration fromm one iteration of t signal may too short. Have you tried placing that power signal in a simple macro?

Does it work there? Does it work better if it the LAST signal in the macro - and you hold the button down longer? If the problem is duration, you may be able to sort that out by trying a few variations on how you send the signal. Unfortunately the easiest solution for a duration problem is use of the Device Combiner protocol (don't ask, duration control is just a side-benefit of this protocol), but it is a memory-hog (like 144 bytes!) which you can't afford just now.

No I haven't I'll try that now.
Capn Trips wrote:

Your concern about finding a few discretes and not others (thereby relying FULLY on ToadTog) is misplaced. Any discrete you find reduces the need for a workaround (like ToadTog, or Play-Stop), saving you memory. ToadTog is not an "all-or-nothing" deal, you'd only use it where you need it, and discretes everywhere else if you find them.

Well, I don't know what to say. The only buttons on any of the original remotes that turn on any one of these three devices is the power button.

I've fixed all the mistakes that were pointed out above and re-posted my IR file.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2138 (same URL)

EDIT: I tried putting the Keymove in a simple macro. It doesn't do it either. And after more trial and error, the shifted key (Shift+TV) is working now.

It looks like I'm probably gonna need to buy a new remote with 2k.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doni-49 wrote:

Capn Trips wrote:

(2) Your VPT is set to your VCR device (Built-in device VCR/DVD 2047). Is this intentional? What is VCR/DVD 2047 controlling?

That was a mistake. It SHOULD have been in there as AUD (but yes on the VCR device).
I still think that shouldn't work. If you look at Rob's devices spreadsheet, you will find that there is NO built-in device code 2047 for ANY device type in ANY JP1 remote. So to use AUD 2047 (or DVD 2047) you HAVE to load an upgrade. (unless this entry is missing from the spreadsheet and this device code really is resident in the 6131) Embarassed
doni-49 wrote:
Capn Trips wrote:
(5) Your Move macro is confusing, since it assigns the T_buttons to Dev_8 (CBL/SAT 0920) which you use for nothing else anywhere, while you have an upgrade for VCR/DVD 0920 that eats a lot of memory and is seemingly unused anywhere in your file,
I have NO idea how it got set to CBL/Sat. I could have sworn that I had it set to VCR. This is the upgrade provided by Rob that I talked about above.
Well, I am STILL confused. I don't doubt that Rob provided you a useful upgrade BUT the upgrade only assigns 5 functions to buttons:CH-, CH+, Power, TV/VID, and Previous; NONE of which are in the T_Keyset - they are all in the O_Keyset, so this macro assigns NO FUNCTIONS to your Transport keyset.
doni-49 wrote:
Capn Trips wrote:

Your concern about finding a few discretes and not others (thereby relying FULLY on ToadTog) is misplaced. Any discrete you find reduces the need for a workaround (like ToadTog, or Play-Stop), saving you memory. ToadTog is not an "all-or-nothing" deal, you'd only use it where you need it, and discretes everywhere else if you find them.

Well, I don't know what to say. The only buttons on any of the original remotes that turn on any one of these three devices is the power button.
Well, you are using a LOT of built in device codes, and since there is no Discrete On or Off button on the remote, UEI is not likely to map such a function, if known, to some other random button. Have you looked in the Discrete section of this forum? Additionally, there are extensive lists of "advanced codes" here.
For example, for VCR/0060 it lists the following EFCs for:
731 Power Off (same as 731-512 = 219)
483 Power On (same as 483-256 = 227)
and for device TV/0054, it lists:
018 Power On
082 Power Off

I don't hold out much hope for your Sharp VCR (I have ToadTogged a Sharp VCR-DVD combo unit - a real PITA), but you can also conduct a discrete Code Search on your own - testing all unused EFCs/OBCs. If you search the forum, a few folks have developed upgrades that will help you run through all 256 quickly if you choose to try this route.
doni-49 wrote:
EDIT: I tried putting the Keymove in a simple macro. It doesn't do it either..
Doesn't do WHAT? The function doesn't work? or does it not FAIL to work?

doni-49 wrote:
It looks like I'm probably gonna need to buy a new remote with 2k
You can just solder in a 2K EEPROM in lieu of the 1k (although REMOVING an EEPROM may not be trivial).

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
doni-49

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried the discrete codes you posted. And they still didn't work either. I'm guessing it has to do with the duration issue you spoke of earlier. Since I need that device combiner which is HUGE, I won't be able to fix it that way either.

Since it looks like I'm not going to get to use TT's anyway because of the memory issues, I've decided to wait until I get a remote with 2k.

I'm going to set it up so that when I press a device button, it'll change the video selector to that device and make that device active in the remote. After that, I'll turn the device on manually.

Thanks EVERYONE for all the efforts!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: