JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

broken volume

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Devest

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: broken volume Reply with quote

I'm having a bit of trouble with my volume and i would love some help. I have the volume pass thru on but it still doesn't work on my custom devices. i really only want it to work on the replays, and not the selector.

Here is a link to my file if anyone can figure it out and either tell me how to fix it or just email the fixed file to gear@devest.net

[url]www.devest.net\vbroken.rar[/url]
Thanks
classicsat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the device button is reassigned to a different sort of device, VPT breaks.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of a file is a "rar" file? I tried opening the file using WinZip and it didn't work, so it doesn't appear to be a zipped file.

Instead of compressing the file using whatever unusual utility you're using, could you please just load your raw IR.exe file into the Diagnosis Area folder here at hifi-remote, then post a link to it here.
mtakahar
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,

Try 7zip (http://www.7-zip.org/) to open it. RAR creates about 30% smaller files than WinZip (which is still about 10% bigger than LZMA compressed 7zip native format, tough.) 7zip can open all of those.

Devest, can you be a little more specific about what you mean by "borken"? What I see in your .IR file is VPT enabled for all the devices. This doesn't necessarily mean you get VPT for all of them because VPT works only for specific device types as classicsat said, but I don't understand you specified VPT to all the devices and you want the remote to know you only want VPT to ReplayTV's somehow???

Hal
Devest

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here are the files in non-compressed form
www.devest.net/working.ir
www.devest.net/working.txt
www.devest.net/working.zip

Sorry i didn't give a better description of the problem. basiclly there is no listing for the volume in Key master for replays. I've looked thru the function listing but it isn't there.

I think the problem with the volume pass thru is that the program doesn't tell the remote that there is a volume button on the custom devices.

I think this because when i hit the volume in any mode the light on the remote blinks, but NOT on the custom modes. So when i press volume on "TV" mode the light blinks and the volume changes. When I press volume on "DVD" mode the light blinks and volume changes. If I turn OFF the "Volume pass thru" on the DVD and press the volume button, the light still blinks but the volume doesn't change (because its not sending the right code anymore)

Sorry this is a long way to say this but it clears things up in the end...i hope. Thats all i know. I hope someone can see thru my mess and bring this out into the light.

Last edited by Devest on Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, even though it's going way beyond the call of duty to have to download a special utility just to look at someone's file, I did it anyway.

First things first, I can tell from the format of the IR file that you're using an old version of IR (probably version 5.00), so you should download the current version, which is 6.15

Next, I see that you have VPT turned on for all device buttons and you have it pointing to TV mode, so it looks like you want the volume buttons to work the TV in all modes.

BUT...

The following device buttons have codes with the wrong device type assigned to them, so VPT won't work for any of these device buttons...

AUX (you have CBL/SAT, it should be AUDIO)
CD (you have CBL/SAT, it should be AUDIO)
CBL (you have VCR/DVD, it should be CBL/SAT)
RCVR (you have VCR/DVD, it should be AUDIO

You have your two ReplayTVs assigned to the CBL and RCVR device buttons, where the VPT is broken, as described above.
Devest

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, now i see what i did. stupid me. Thanks for the help! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: