JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

JP1 to MX-700 conversion?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rpfotog

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:27 am    Post subject: JP1 to MX-700 conversion? Reply with quote

Greetings everyone! I have an issue that is driving me nuts and I can't solve it alone. I have an MX-700 remote that operates my Sony STR-DE597 receiver just fine with one exception. The discrete on/off commands that I have found for it will only operate on the AV2 setting and everything else operates on the AV1 setting. I have not found a way to move the discrete on/off commands to AV1.

I assume that if I had a JP1 remote I could do it myself....but...I don't have a JP1 remote, cable or any knowledge of how to do it. I'm not willing to go through a huge learning process and buy a new remote and cable just to get discrete on/off for my MX-700. But if there's a way to convert a JP1 file to a format that is readable by my MX Editor software I'd be willing to reward the person who can lead me to successfully accomplish this.

I'm thinking it's gotta be fairly simple for someone who knows Sony receivers and JP1 code creation. If you're willing to help it'll make my week.

Thanks a bunch,

Rob
remote@parkerdigital.net
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't the MX-700 software accept Pronto Hex?
You can easily find (or create with MakeHex) all of those Sony commands in your choice of AV1 or AV2 in Pronto Hex.

Have you tried the discrete forum at RC?
http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-discrete/list.cgi
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: