JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

corrupted EEPROM on RCU810

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marchewd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:50 pm    Post subject: corrupted EEPROM on RCU810 Reply with quote

I was just curious how I can restore or do a factory reset on this remote. It keeps resetting itself every few minutes. I was messing around with EEPROM size, but when I try to do an operational reset within the remote, it says bad E2, which I read means it has a corrupted or bad EEPROM. If anyone can tell me how to clear out the EEPROM so I can start over, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One you've activated the onscreen menu, press RECORD, that should do it.
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might not apply here but didn't the RCU810 have a "reset" bug (random reset) that could be eliminated by leaving a jumper accross two of the JP1 pins? (possibly with a "dummy" connector with a jumper wire on it)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a link to the thread that you're thinking of...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=532
marchewd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Guys,
I will try the jumper between pins 1 and 5 to see if that fixes the problem. It should since it seems like they were experiencing the same problems.

Rob,
I tried to reset my remote like you said. I hit the Code Search button to enter the menu. When I get in, I pressed the RECORD button for a while, but nothing happened. Did I reset the remote? It didn't do anything on the remote though? Did I do something wrong? Just curious. Now, I still have a couple of other questions. Do you know the same of the EEPROM for the RCU810? Is it $0080, $0100, etc? Next, I saw you have an RCU810 for sale. With all of my RCU's I should have saved a copy of the original programming, just for safe keeping. Is there anyway you might be able to email a copy of the original programming within the RCU810? If not, can you please let me know what device comes programmed into the AUX button?

Thanks for all of your help,
Dan
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I had to break open one of my RCU810s to try it to see exactly what you need to do.

1) Press and hold CODE SEARCH, screen reads CODE SET
2) Press RECORD, no screen change
3) Use UP ARROW to scroll to MFR RESET
4) Press SELECT, screen reads CONFIRM
5) Press SELECT, screen reads RESET RAM, RESET E2, EXIT SETUP
marchewd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,
Thanks. I will try pressing the record button before reseting it in that way. Without the record button, it says bad E2, so hopefully this will work. Also, did you happnen to see what button comes on the AUX from the factory? Also, is there anyway you can send me the IR file of the original programming to my email address? marchewd@yahoo.com.

Thanks a lot and again,
Dan
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The earliest save I have on my 810 (I had already made some changes before my first save) shows AUX with a LDP code of 0090. (This would be similar to a UEI code of 0073 since the 810 ofsets the UEI codes by 17). Since this is a code I would never need , I'm pretty sure that it is the factory default.
marchewd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve,
Thanks a lot for that information.

Thanks again,
Dan
marchewd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to thank everyone for helping with this problem. Thanks Rob as the reset procedure worked like a charm. Thanks Ryan for the thread on the resetting problem with some RCU810's. Thanks Jerry for emailing me a copy of the original image of the RCU810 remote.
I found something that works great as a jumper for pins 1 and 5. If you have an extra audio cable for a cd-rom, just cut off the connector on one end and tie the wires from pin 1 and 3 together. I just cut off the wire for pin 4. Worked beautifully and it was free.

Thanks again,
Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: